Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-15-2004, 10:25 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
I stayed home from school today and watched The Championship Season.
I found this movie for $5 in a previewed movies for sale bin at a local video rental store so I bought it. I have to say that even though I love Vincent, I wasn't overly fond of this movie. I really didn't like the coach and how he manipulated them all. I wanted them to walk out of his house and never look back, but obviously that didn't happen. It's too bad, because the movie had a lot of potential with a great cast. Vincent was great, plus I love Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney (and for the record I liked him before I found out he was Kathryn Erbe's husband), but the story was kinda lacking I thought and afterawhile it got kinda boring... just my two cents.

And you're right Vincent's characters are always very diverse. It's refreshing because a lot of actors aren't like that and only stick to one genre of movie where they play what seems like the same character over and over.

Bethy
[ LJ // MySpace // Vox ]

Lord I never complain, I never ask why
Please don't let my dreams run dry
Underneath, underneath this amarillo sky

Old 01-16-2004, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
It's too bad, because the movie had a lot of potential with a great cast. Vincent was great, plus I love Gary Sinise and Terry Kinney (and for the record I liked him before I found out he was Kathryn Erbe's husband), but the story was kinda lacking I thought and afterawhile it got kinda boring... just my two cents.
I loved Gary Sinise in this movie. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img] I know what you mean about it not being great though. The first time I tried watching it, I turned it off after fifteen minutes. I guess it grew on me the second time around. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

One of Vincent's movies I have to say I disliked was The Thirteenth Floor. I liked how he switched back and forth between present and past characters, but I thought the overall movie was confusing.

But I watched The Newton Boys last night with my older brother and really liked it. Towards the end when he gets shot, though, I was like, 'Man, he's gonna die again?!' [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 01-16-2004, 09:07 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
One of Vincent's movies I have to say I disliked was The Thirteenth Floor.
I didn't much care for this movie either. Although I did buy a used DVD of it from blockbuster the other day for $8, but that's only because he looks hot in it... well some of it anyway, I liked him as Ashton the bartender, but thought he was kinda weird as Whitney the geek.

Quote:
But I watched The Newton Boys last night with my older brother and really liked it.
I like this movie too, but I thought it was way too long. They could have cut it down by half an hour (preferably the half that Vincent wasn't in) and still had a good movie. The first time I saw it I wasn't into Vincent all that much, I knew he was from Men in Black, but it was strictly, 'hey, it's the bug guy from Men in Black' the second time it was a different story. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Bethy
[ LJ // MySpace // Vox ]

Old 01-19-2004, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I didn't much care for this movie either. Although I did buy a used DVD of it from blockbuster the other day for $8, but that's only because he looks hot in it... well some of it anyway, I liked him as Ashton the bartender, but thought he was kinda weird as Whitney the geek.
Yeah, I didn't like Whitney much, but he was good looking as Ashton. Not too sure about the blonde hair though. Mm, and I have to say that Vincent was hot in The Whole Wide World. I had to keep myself from drooling while I was watching it. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-01-2004, 02:11 AM
New Fan

Hi [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] I love Vincent D'onofrio's portrayal of Robert Goren. [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] I think he's an amazing actor. Unfortunately, this is the only character I know of in which he plays a good/nice guy. All the other characters I know of are either bad, evil or psychotic. Can anyone tell me of any movies out there where he is a good guy or is in a romantic lead role? I'd really appreciate it.
Old 02-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Can anyone tell me of any movies out there where he is a good guy or is in a romantic lead role? I'd really appreciate it.
I highly recommend Happy Accidents & The Whole Wide World. You might also check out The Velocity of Gary, Good Luck, and Household Saints if you can find them anywhere. Some of them are available for rent on netflix.

Bethy
[ LJ // MySpace // Vox ]

Old 02-01-2004, 09:13 PM
New Fan

Thanks Sway4829! They're in my Netflix Queue now. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 09:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sanrio76:
<STRONG>Thanks Sway4829! They're in my Netflix Queue now. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Happy to help! Hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Bethy
[ LJ // MySpace // Vox ]

Old 02-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

yesterday i watched the movie "The Cell".. it totally weirded me out.. lol.. guess i am so used to Vincent playing a good guy like Goren that it just was strange seeing him in a role as a killer. plus the movie itself i really didnt care for. i watched it because it was in my dads dvd collection and i saw that Vincent was in it.
Linkin Park fan always!
Old 02-11-2004, 07:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
yesterday i watched the movie "The Cell".. it totally weirded me out.. lol.. guess i am so used to Vincent playing a good guy like Goren that it just was strange seeing him in a role as a killer. plus the movie itself i really didnt care for. i watched it because it was in my dads dvd collection and i saw that Vincent was in it.
I wasn't a huge fan of this movie either. I bought it for ten bucks at a used movie store at the mall and was kind of disappointed with it. From the way most people rave about it, I thought it would be scarier, with less special effects and such. I enjoyed Vincent's performance, but the rest of the movie was so-so.
Old 02-22-2004, 12:17 AM
New Fan

I just finished watching Happy Accidents. Loved it!! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img]..... and for all those who don't know...
according to Dvdplanet The Velocity of Gary is slated to be released on dvd April 13. I can't wait to put it in my Netflix queue.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I just finished watching Happy Accidents. Loved it!!
I bought this movie this morning for $5 and I really liked it. There were some really cute parts, like when Vincent's character, Sam, and his girlfriend, Ruby, are standing in front of the church and she keeps asking if he wants to go in as a test because her friend had dated a guy who was a 'Jew for Jesus'. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 03-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Where in the world did you find Happy Accidents for $5... I went to Borders looking for it and it was like $26.

So I bought The Whole Wide World instead. I was surprised to find that the DVD is missing 3 scenes that can be seen on the video and Showtime versions.

Bethy
[ LJ // MySpace // Vox ]

Old 03-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

I hafta find some vincent movies to see..i dont own any yet...i saw the cell cause my dad had it..any ideas on what to get first???
Linkin Park fan always!
Old 03-03-2004, 03:33 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Where in the world did you find Happy Accidents for $5... I went to Borders looking for it and it was like $26.

So I bought The Whole Wide World instead. I was surprised to find that the DVD is missing 3 scenes that can be seen on the video and Showtime versions.
I got it at a place at the mall called 'Sunday Night Matinee'. I bought three of Vincent's movies – Happy Accidents, The Newton Boys, and Mystic Pizza - for $13.

Hm, that's strange that the DVD would be missing scenes. I saw it on VHS and I still think it might have been missing some scenes because I found this picture from The Whole Wide World and I cannot for the life of me remember ever seeing that scene.

And I think I would remember because Vincent looked drool-worthy. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

GrissomFan, I'd recommend Happy Accidents, Mystic Pizza, or The Whole Wide World.