Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-06-2004, 04:15 PM
MST Manager

No, I haven't.

Aww, I like Lenny with his sarcasm and dry humor.
Old 04-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Total Fan

There were a couple other articles the same day as the one posted above, but they just rehashed the same information. I haven't seen any new information about the situation.
Old 04-12-2004, 08:44 PM
Master Fan

Okay thanks. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Come visit the WWE/Wrestling Board

When we're free to love anyone we choose
When this world's big enough for all different views
When we all can worship from our own kind of pew
Then we shall be free
Old 04-16-2004, 02:34 PM
MST Manager

From 4/18/04 TV Guide issue:

Quote:
A Veteran Cop Exits Law & Order... Sort Of

Is it gold watch time for Law & Orders's Det. Lennie Briscoe? Not exactly. Jerry Orbach, 68, who has played the wisecracking Briscoe on the ubiquitous drama since 1992, will lighten his workland by moving his character to Law & Order: Trial By Jury, another spin-off NBC is expected to put on the fall schedule. "It'll be something like a D.A.'s squad, where they use retired homicide detectives," Orbach tells TV Guide. "I'll be able to work a couple of days an episode, which will be like a golden parachute."

The veteran actor accepted the offer to move to the spin-off when he learned that NBC would be stepping up the mother-ship series' production schedule in order to have episodes ready to air in early September, right after the Olympics. "The pace of it is going to be a killer," Orbach says. "I'm just glad to keep Lennie alive."
Old 04-16-2004, 05:47 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting. Well it's offical now. At least the character of Lennie will be around in some way, just not on the mothership.

Then we shall be free
Old 04-20-2004, 11:04 PM
Total Fan

This doesn't exacly fit on this thread, but it's close. Anyway, on the TWOP website, a review of Everwood's episode from 4/5/2004 references Law & Order. I've copied the most relevant parts:
Quote:
How did I suddenly start recapping Law & Order: Special Custody Unit? Shutup Carl says he's not ashamed of anything. "I thought the question here was about who's best for Sam, not who's gay and who's not." Nina's lawyer has no more questions. Sam Waterston passes out.
and
Quote:
Back to Law & Order: SCU.
It's probably funnier if you follow both L&O and Everwood (and read the entire recap).
Old 04-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Master Fan

I don't watch Everwood, but thanks for posting that. It's great that L&O is so much a part of pop culture that it gets mentioned in may facets of life.

Then we shall be free
Old 05-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Total Fan

Farina on "Law & Order" Duty

Quote:
By Josh Grossberg
A wise guy's joining NBC's Law & Order
Veteran Hollywood tough guy Dennis Farina, known for playing a motley assortment of movie mobsters as well as a no-nonsense P.I. on the Peacock's 1980s series Crime Story, is taking over for Jerry Orbach in NBC's top-rated franchise.
After 12 years playing hard-nosed detective Lennie Briscoe on Law & Order, Orbach is exiting at the end of the season to headline a fourth Law edition, Law & Order: Trial by Jury, which will debut midseason.
Executive producer Dick Wolf says he expects Farina to breathe some new life into the long-running show.
"I've known Dennis for 20 years, and he's a terrific actor, a consummate professional and a truly nice guy," says Wolf.
Farina's character has still to be hashed out, but Wolf tells TV Guide that he envisions the 60-year-old actor playing an "Italian cop who's an iconoclastand a confirmed bachelor."
Adds Farina: "He's going to be a little out of the ordinary."
Farina's made a career out of working both sides of the law, whether roughing up the mob as Lt. Mike Torello in Michael Mann's Crime Story (1986-88), his first big breakout role, or going gangster for comic effect in 1988's Midnight Run with Robert De Niro and Charles Grodin and 1995's Get Shorty with John Travolta.
His baddie credits also include a hot-headed jeweler in 2000's Snatch and a hit man in 2002's Big Trouble, while good-guy parts include an FBI chief in the first Hannibal Lecter film, Manhunter (1986), to an officer in Saving Private Ryan (1998) and Jennifer Lopez' cop-dad in Out of Sight (1998).
Also on Farino's rsum: Stealing Harvard, Reindeer Games, Preston Tylk and The Mod Squad, the 2002 remake of The In-Laws, the short-lived 1998 TV series Buddy Faro and such TV movies as The Drug Wars: The Cocaine Cartels, Blind Faith and The Case of the Hillside Strangler.
Next up is a role in HBO's star-studded drama Empire Falls.
Farina's character will likely partner up with Det. Ed Green (Jesse L. Martin) on the ripped-from-the-headlines drama, which is now entering its 15th season and still going strong, averaging 15.9 million viewers a week and consistently ranking in the Nielsen top 15.
The series, which has been renewed through 2008, celebrated its 300th episode last year and has spawned two highly rated spinoffs, Law & Order: SVU, which is locked in through season seven, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent, which has been reupped through season five.
Orbach's departure marks the latest in Law & Order's revolving-door cast. Among those who've left the beat over the years: Angie Harmon, Benjamin Bratt, Paul Sorvino, Jill Hennessy, Carey Lowell, Diane Wiest and Chris Noth.
Old 05-20-2004, 10:13 AM
Master Fan

I cried When he told Ed "I'm puttin' in my papers" I lost it But every little thing has made me cry these days anyway. I'm glad they're not killing him off too, it would have been a serious crime.
Old 05-20-2004, 02:46 PM
Loyal Fan

And loved the scene between Anita and Lennie
Lennie: "That's the longest relationship I've ever had with a woman."
Anita:"That's so pathetic."

*sigh*

I wish they could've done better with Lennie's departure. Sure was a quickie exit. Man he will be missed!!! I can't say it enough!
Old 05-21-2004, 01:19 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I'm glad they're not killing him off too, it would have been a serious crime.
Who you telling? I would have been so mad.

When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:18 PM
Addicted Fan

Zucker on 'Law & Order': What, Me Worry?

If Jeff Zucker is worried about "Law & Order" having some serious competition next season, he's doing an Alfred E. Neuman and not showing it.
"Law & Order," which enters its 15th season on NBC in the fall, has had a slightly off year. Although it's still among the 15 most-watched shows on TV, its audience of 15.9 million viewers a week is down by about 8 percent compared to last season's 17.3 million. It's also declined about 10 percent among adults 18-49, the demographic group NBC uses to measure success.

And for the first time in several years, "L&O" will have a bona fide competitor at 10 p.m. Wednesdays next season. CBS has scheduled its third "CSI" show, which like "Law & Order" is set in New York, in that timeslot.

"Clearly, CBS will be stronger next year at 10 [Wednesday], no question about it," Zucker told reporters Tuesday (May 25). Yet the president of the NBC Universal Television Group sees it more as healthy competition than a threat to his network's biggest franchise.
"The way I look at it, that's great for network television. The viewers they'll bring to that time period is good for all of us," he says. "Obviously it will be more competitive, and we welcome that competition and look forward to it."

"Law & Order" will also enter next season without Jerry Orbach, who's played sardonic Detective Lennie Briscoe for 12 seasons, making him the longest-serving cast member in the show's history. (Dennis Farina will replace him.) Previous cast changes haven't disrupted the show, Zucker says, and he doesn't expect a different outcome this time.

"Cast changes on that show have been one of the hallmarks of it and have allowed it to continue to grow," he says. "I have complete confidence in ['Law & Order' creator] Dick Wolf and his ability to continue to produce a first-rate drama."

As for this year's ratings slide, Zucker notes that several other established dramas, the original "CSI" and "ER" among them, have also lost some viewers this year. He attributes some of "Law & Order's" decline to a somewhat weaker lead-in from "The West Wing," which also dropped this season.
Old 05-26-2004, 08:17 AM
Total Fan

From tvguide.com:

Quote:
ORDER RESTORED: It's not Angie Harmon, but this'll do quite nicely: Former Law & Order star Carey Lowell is in talks to headline the franchise's upcoming third spinoff, Law & Order: Trial By Jury, TV Guide Online has learned. "There's been some early discussions and she's absolutely interested," confirms Lowell's manager. It's believed the actress — who in real life is married to Richard Gere — would reprise her role as onetime ADA Jamie Ross, a character she played from 1996 to 1998. In a recent interview with TV Guide Online, exec producer Dick Wolf hinted that some "familiar faces" from L&O's past might be joining Jerry Orbach when Jury debuts on NBC in early '05.
Seeing "familiar faces" sounds good, not sure about the Lowell possibility. She's okay, just not my favorite.
Old 05-26-2004, 09:44 AM
Loyal Fan

Here's the link: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1568
Quote:
Law & Order - Season 1, Season 2...Season 14?!?!
Posted by David Lambert

5/25/2004

Universal Studios Home Video dropped a bombshell today, skipping a dozen seasons of Law & Order and announcing Season 14 for release on Sept. 7th!

After releasing Law & Order - The 1st Year in Oct. 2002, and Law & Order - The 2nd Year just a few weeks ago, all the fans have been asking is "how long before we see the 3rd season?"

But today Universal added to their official release calendar the 9/7 street date for Law & Order - Season 14, which just concluded this past Wednesday. The reason probably has to do with the departure of a long-running character on the show, as this person heads toward the new spin-off, Law & Order: Trial By Jury (currently planning to debut next January). We'll avoid the name and the spoiler, but you know what we're talking about unless you've lived in a dark cave for the past couple of months.

Universal didn't say a single other thing about this release, just the title and the date. Stay tuned, and we'll bring you more about this just as soon as it's announced.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:19 PM
Total Fan

This could just as easily go in the Mariska Hargitay thread. Anyway, tvguide.com has a "Dream Emmy Ballot: Drama" that includes the following:
Quote:
Mariska Hargitay (Olivia, Law & Order: SVU): Possibly the most underrated actress on TV, Hargitay takes what could have been a by-the-book cop role, throws out the book, then rewrites it. But maybe the Academy devalues her so because, while she imbues her crimefighting counterpart with enviable smarts and warmth, she makes it look so easy.