Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2021, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, Crichton wrote the first draft of the Jurassic Park script, but then it was subsequently re-written by Hollywood studio hack David Koepp, who's a typical blockbuster-formula screenwriter for Hollywood.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Ah think my mom or dad had the original book but never it
Old 11-04-2021, 04:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The book has some awesome scenes in it that got cut out of the movie, like the part where Dr. Grant and the kids are traveling down a river in a raft, and they enter the "Aviary," which resembles a giant domed NFL stadium where all Pterodactyls and Pteranodons were kept. There was also a scene in a lab where Dr. Grant was alone in a standoff against three velociraptors, and all he had were some dinosaur eggs and a syringe filled with drain cleaner. Guess how he got out of that one?

Also, the movie reversed the ages of the kids for some unknown reason. In the book, the brother was the older sibling, who was an expert in computers and dinosaurs, while the sister was the younger sibling who was adorably cute and had an uncanny talent for making friends with baby dinosaurs. I have no idea why the movie switched the kids' ages and made the sister an annoying older sister who was the computer expert, but terrified of dinosaurs all the time, and the brother was the younger one who kept getting into trouble. The movie made the kids a lot dumber.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Speaking of NFL what time is the game on that you and Dave will be watching together
Old 11-04-2021, 04:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It's Prime Time football, Sarah. Whether it's Sunday night, Monday night, or Thursday night, the start time is always 8:20pm, barring weather delays.

What did you think of the stuff I posted?
Old 11-04-2021, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I know some of the stuff you posted in the first paragraph is semi-used in the 3rd movie not exactly of course and the kids in the book sound more interesting indeed
Old 11-04-2021, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, you're right about that. The kids in the book were a lot smarter and more interesting than in the movie, which is what angered me about the kids in the movie. They were made into typical Hollywood stereotypes.

Yeah, I heard about that. I only saw the first two movies, and some of the stuff from the novel ended up in the second movie, like the scene where the little girl gets bitten by the tiny dinosaur. That actually happened in the beginning of the novel, and was proof that dinosaurs were getting off the island.

The scientists on the island were convinced that no dinosaurs could have possible gotten off the island because their computers would've told them if there was a drop in the population. The problem was that they didn't anticipate any of the dinosaurs breeding because they were all female, and as sometimes happens in certain species of fish and amphibians, in a single-sex environment, they can sometimes spontaneously go from female to male to promote the survival of the species. So when Dr. Grant asked them to check the current count and the number hadn't changed, he realized that the computer was only programmed to alert them if the population had dropped below a certain number. He then asked them to ask the computer for a total count of how many dinosaurs were currently on the island, which they thought was a stupid question because they assumed they already knew. But he insisted, so they had the computers do a diagnostic check of the current population numbers on the island. All of a sudden, the numbers started going up, and up, and up, which shocked everyone, including the readers. It was one of the scary moments in the book. But that's how the dinosaurs got off the island without anyone knowing, because there were more of them than they thought, and the computer was only programmed to alert them if the number of dinosaurs got below a certain number, which of course it never did since they were procreating.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'll that last paragraph later

During football don't forget about me where hoping to stay up between 10pm-11pm ... can do it during commercials or something cause won't be glued to myself either
Old 11-04-2021, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay. Sorry for writing such a long paragraph.

I'll do my best, Sarah. I'll just bounce back and forth from there to here.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Its fine just no mood to read it atm

Its fine
Old 11-04-2021, 05:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
I saw Jurassic Park when it came out in 1993, and I was disappointed by how far it strayed from Michael Crichton's book.
I read the book. Not very impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, everyone knew about Roman Polanski, and he had to live in exile.
And plenty of people got away for years with behavior that nobody knew about until recently. So it's quite plausible that Joss could have.

Quote:
But I still haven't heard anyone actually accuse Joss Whedon of sexual harassment, only rude and abusive behavior.
Yes you did. Trachtenberg's statement makes it clear. All you have to do is read it with a clear mind and without an intent towards disbelieving it. It's obvious what she's saying, even if she avoids spelling it out. You don't get banned from being alone with someone just for being mean.

Last edited by sum1; 11-05-2021 at 02:59 AM
Old 11-04-2021, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

sum Hope you are well?
Old 11-04-2021, 05:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Its fine just no mood to read it atm

Its fine
Okay, thanks.

sum1, I'll drop it, but I don't like beating around the bush. If someone did something, then state so. Don't make everyone play a guessing game is all. Accusations like that are far too serious to beat around the bush about it.
Old 11-04-2021, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really wished Vince Vaughn did more serious work he's great as a comedian but thought VV was great in The Lost World with a more serious role
Old 11-04-2021, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Vince Vaughn used to do more serious work back in the 1990s, but over time he just sort of drifted over to comedies.