Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-20-2018, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

The less Joss is involved with the better.
Old 04-20-2018, 12:38 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, I hope Joss has nothing more to do with comics now that he's left DC/WB as well.
I feel he should stick to making his own stuff up again like he did with buffy the show was great
Old 04-20-2018, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Buffy was great, but Joss tried to ruin it towards the end. SMG was the key to the show. Without SMG Joss can't do depth.
Old 04-20-2018, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I only liked the first three seasons of Buffy, to be honest. But I still think that Joss could've done a better job with X-Men than Bryan Singer or Brett Ratner did.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:32 AM
Elite Fan

I highly disagree with him directing the X-Men. Age of Ultron and Justice League proved he can't do big ensemble films.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

Justice League was good, but that was because of Zack Snyder's input.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
I highly disagree with him directing the X-Men. Age of Ultron and Justice League proved he can't do big ensemble films.
I think Joss did a good job with the first Avengers movie, but Age of Ultron failed because of studio interference and Joss not being able to make the film he wanted to make. I don't need to tell you who actually created Ultron in the comics, right? Well, Joss had to rewrite way too much of the story to account for Hank and Janet's absence from what is supposed to be their signature story, as well as throwing in Infinity War references and all kinds of other nonsense to the point where he said it "broke him." I blame Feige more than Whedon for that. And with Justice League he was stepping in for another director who had left(was fired from) the project, and that hardly ever turns out good.
Old 06-07-2018, 06:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Age of Ultron was better than the first Avengers movie.
Old 06-07-2018, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I won't even go there, sum1. And I'm sure you know why.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jeez, does everything have to be about Hank and Jan?
Old 06-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I spent a decade and a half complaining about how badly Scott and Jean were treated in X-Men and refused to watch any X-Men movies until DOFP and Apocalypse came out, when Fox finally fixed their mistake, because it just isn't the X-Men without them. So yeah, now it's the MCU's turn.

I'd ask Marvel a similar question: Why does everything have to be about Edgar Wright just because of one stupid script you yourselves said didn't work in the MCU? Just like your problems with X-Force, sum1. Why does everything have to be about Deadpool? If changes are made for legitimate reasons that's one thing, but these aren't legitimate reasons, these are typical Hollywood bull. Zak Penn actually justified killing off Cyclops and giving his role to Wolverine by saying that Cyclops “isn't relatable because you can't see his eyes?"

So no, its not just about Hank and Janet, it's about everyone, including Peter “Ferris" Parker. As Michael Fassbender said in Alien: Covenant, “If just one note is off, the entire symphony is ruined." Too bad Ridley Scott didn't take that advice.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 06-08-2018 at 08:24 AM
Old 06-08-2018, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Don't get me started on what they did to Spider Man! Ok, he's not one of my favorites, he's too normal and nice for me, but I grew up with the character, I have some respect and affection for him, and this mockery they've made of him... yick! Spider Man is supposed to crack jokes, not BE a joke.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:01 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yep, I agree. The 20-something Peter is the one that I and everyone else from the last two generations grew up with, but Hollywood just wants to make him a punk teenager all the time, reducing him to a joke.
Old 06-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

Oh god, Zak Penn actually said that about Cyclops? He should never write a Marvel movie or any superhero movie ever again. What an idiot.

Please don't hate me guys, but the only reason I own this movie is because it came in a trilogy boxset with X-Men and X2: X-Men United.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

So no, its not just about Hank and Janet, it's about everyone, including Peter “Ferris" Parker.
He kinda reminds me of Cory Matthews.