Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-25-2021, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quicksilver|Peter Maximoff [Evan Peters] #8: Because he deserved better than what WandaVision gave him.

x
Biography:

Evan Peters (born January 20, 1987) is an American actor. He is best known for his roles on the FX television series American Horror Story as well as his role in X-Men: Days of Future Past as Quicksilver.

Fans:

001. L i N d $ @ y
002. *Dark_Angel*4eva
003. wickedrum
004. LucyGu
005. Sweet Embrace
006. lisagslack14
007. JenR
008. KeepThisaSecret
009. Beyond Insane
010. witch with claws
011. always be my baby
012. AtomicEmpress
013. beautiful connection ♥
014. erinw
015. Collins
016. cap'n cook
017. val ღ
018. stlavin95
019. CumberCookieCrumble
020. only told the moon
021. cherrypie12345

x

Previous threads: {1} {2} {3} {4} {5} {6} {7}

No, he’s just fast. But when I knew him, he wasn’t so young.
Old 04-25-2021, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
It's politics. You simply refuse to appreciate a whole load off excellent performances by black actors because your politics get in the way.
On the contrary, I've applauded the performances of black actors. Denzel Washington in Training Day was one of the best performances I've ever seen in a movie. Ditto Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, Morgan Freeman in The Shawshank Redemption, and Jamie Foxx in pretty much everything he's ever done. Again, it's not politics, it's my governing philosophy.

My problem is not respecting the source material and intellectual property, especially during a time when so many people complain about "cultural appropriation" and "staying in one's lane," which is the epitome of hypocrisy. As characters are on the page is how they should be on the screen, and they should not be altered for reasons of diversity and inclusion.

If you want diversity and inclusion in media, grab a pen and a blank sheet of paper and write your own characters and stories and stop engaging in cultural redistribution of existing material. Zendaya can play any character she wants, but "Michelle," whose first and last initials spell out "MJ" is painfully transparent pandering and virtue signaling. Haven't we both agreed that making Peter a punk teenager is a horrible idea and makes him an annoying character? Well, that's why Peter should be a 20-something like he's been in the comics for as long as we've both been alive, and why the movies should focus on his relationships with Mary Jane Watson and the long-neglected Felicia Hardy(Black Cat). Oh, and put Gwen freaking Stacy back in her grave while you're at it, and bury her in cement.
Old 04-25-2021, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

The fact still remains that you've been complaining here on this board about a long list of performances by black actors, totally incapable of appreciating them on their own merits as long as they don't match perfectly with your source material.
Old 04-26-2021, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly, because I want the source material respected. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Also, my critique isn't limited by race. I've complained about the casting of Michelle Pfeiffer as Catwoman, Mark Ruffalo as Bruce Banner, Val Kilmer and George Clooney as Batman, Alicia Silverstone as... whatever Batgirl that was, etc. You and I have both disagreed with the casting of Snake Eyes, along with the casting of Cyclops, Kitty Pryde, etc. If Selina Kyle has dark hair in the comics I wanna see dark hair on the screen. Pfeiffer not even dying her hair dark for the role and going bleached blonde was unacceptable, especially since it influenced the Batman animated series to make Selina Kyle a blonde just because of that one damn movie. Do you know how long it took for the damn animators to start giving her dark hair again? Screw Hollywood.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well you should learn to appreciate performances in movies on their own merits. Pfeiffer was tolerable as Catwoman, Grufffalo is good as Banner/Hulk, Clooney was bearable as Batman, Silverstone was great as Batgirl, though I do agree that the casting for Snake Eyes, Cyclops and Kitty Pryde was wrong. Yes Selina Kyle should be dark-haired, but Pfeiffer managed to make something of the role. And I'm still looking forward to Zoe Kravitz's Catwoman.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, just consider me OCD in this particular area, sum1. Especially when I still haven't seen Hollywood hit the sweet spot with any of these casting decisions.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'll consider you narrow-minded.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I prefer singularly focused on getting it right the first time, because there's no guarantee of a second.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I prefer good films with good performances.
Old 04-26-2021, 05:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, so do I. But I also prefer them getting it right for the sake of posterity. I only make occasional exceptions, like The Shining, but not often.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Get some perspective. Posterity will sort itself out. In the long run, humans will be extinct and the sun will burn itself out, so who cares anyway?
Old 04-27-2021, 05:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You should be a motivational speaker, sum1.
Old 04-28-2021, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Old 04-28-2021, 04:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get what you're saying. But you know me, I'm far too obsessive compulsive to not scrutinize Hollywood and Marvel Studios, especially with all the bull they're pulling lately. Neither of us want to know what they'll do to X-Men.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

I dread it.