Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-02-2022, 02:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Possible Closure Notice - Please Respond

Hello, everyone.

I've been thinking about this for a while, and it's been a very difficult decision, but I've decided to step down as moderator of the X-Men board. I can't moderate this board alone, and it doesn't seem like I'll have a co-mod anytime soon in the future. I've had a wonderful time being the moderator of this board and I've enjoyed all of the discussions we've had here.

I deeply appreciate every one of our posters who has kept this board alive for so long. However, with the Fox X-Men series over, posting here has declined. Also, with the X-Men eventually being introduced into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the discussions will likely move to the MCU board and the X-Men board will either be merged into the MCU board or will simply no longer be needed, so the time may have come to close this board.

Anyway, I'd like your thoughts, and of course, anyone is free to apply for the moderator position if they choose. Once again, I'm sorry to have to leave, but I must focus on my other boards and there soon won't be much of a reason to keep this board active with the MCU board handling Marvel discussions as they did for the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy.

It's been great moderating the X-Men board, and I'll always remember all of the great times we've had here together. I'll miss this board, but it's time to move on.

I'd also like to thank my former co-moderator, sum1, and the previous moderator, Sarah (crash landing) for all of the help and support they've given me, and for being my friends.

Thank you all so much for everything you've done to keep this board alive.

-Alex
Old 12-02-2022, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Thanks Alex. I'll go ahead and post the Moderator Opening Announcement to see if anyone steps up to moderate this board, and if no one does, we'll close the board on December 18th.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 12-02-2022, 04:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, thanks Jerry.
Old 12-02-2022, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

sorry to read about the closure Alex
Old 12-02-2022, 09:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Alison.
Old 12-02-2022, 10:33 PM
Cardcaptor Queen

If this board goes I will be sad to see it go cause I used to post here all the time, but there just hasn't been much to talk about on her for a while IMO. If the board stays open, I'll still be happy but if not I guess it will live on on the MCU board just like when the GOTG board closed. I guess we'll see what happens, but if this is the end it's been a great ride.
Old 12-03-2022, 07:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly85 (View Post)
If this board goes I will be sad to see it go cause I used to post here all the time, but there just hasn't been much to talk about on her for a while IMO. If the board stays open, I'll still be happy but if not I guess it will live on on the MCU board just like when the GOTG board closed. I guess we'll see what happens, but if this is the end it's been a great ride.
Thanks. I'll be sad to see it go as well, but as you said, there hasn't been much to talk about since Dark Phoenix came out and the Fox X-Men films ended. When Deadpool III comes out with Wolverine it'll be an MCU movie, so the discussion will move to that board, especially once the MCU starts making X-Men films.

Yep, the same thing happened to the Guardians of the Galaxy board.

Thank you for being a regular poster and helping to make it a great ride.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:29 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Sorry that an additional medical reason has me unable to help with the board but the board opened 2014 and closing 2022 isn't bad of a run I may say so
Old 12-07-2022, 02:51 PM
Moderator Support Team

I'm so sorry Alex that it is up to thos point , I love the movies and I wish I had more time to lost here but I've been all over the place.

I do agree with the xmen movies not being made or any tv shows it is hard to keep the momentum up its been a few years since the last x men movie . Mcu will have deadlpool and wolverine which is nice so there will be a thread there we already have one in the mcu board cause we had a few people wanting to discuss x men . I love x men so I hope mcu brings them in and uses them well .

You did so well though for all these years moderatoring this board so be proud of it and who knows it might reopen again one day
Old 12-07-2022, 03:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

thank you Alex and sum1 (didn't you mod it too Sarah at some point?) as well for keeping the board as long as you could.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
thank you Alex and sum1 (didn't you mod it too Sarah at some point?) as well for keeping the board as long as you could.
You're welcome, Rita. Thanks for always helping us out.

Yes, Sarah was the moderator here before me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash landing (View Post)
Sorry that an additional medical reason has me unable to help with the board but the board opened 2014 and closing 2022 isn't bad of a run I may say so
It's okay, Sarah. I understand. No, it wasn't a bad run. Thanks so much for modding this board for as long as you did, and helping me out after sum1 and I took over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
I'm so sorry Alex that it is up to thos point , I love the movies and I wish I had more time to lost here but I've been all over the place.

I do agree with the xmen movies not being made or any tv shows it is hard to keep the momentum up its been a few years since the last x men movie . Mcu will have deadlpool and wolverine which is nice so there will be a thread there we already have one in the mcu board cause we had a few people wanting to discuss x men . I love x men so I hope mcu brings them in and uses them well .

You did so well though for all these years moderatoring this board so be proud of it and who knows it might reopen again one day

It's okay, Petra. Thanks.

Yes, I did see the X-Men discussion thread you made on the MCU board. Once the Deadpool/Wolverine movie comes out, the MCU board will take over discussions from there because all future X-Men films will be done by Disney and Marvel Studios as part of the MCU.

Thanks, Petra. Thank you for posting here and helping us out.
Old 12-08-2022, 07:43 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Rita Just short of 3 years

Alex darn ovaries but had wished my GP had started me on Ultrasounds a lot earlier

I actually started that thread Alex the MCU X-Men talking over three
Old 12-09-2022, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for starting that thread, Sarah.

I hope your ovaries are okay.
Old 12-10-2022, 10:00 PM
Elite Fan

Sucks to see

It’s pretty unavoidable with X-Men joining MCU
Old 12-10-2022, 10:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Mark.

But yeah, like you said, the MCU board is probably gonna take over from here on in.