Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2017, 07:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
So you can actually tell that Sophie is British by her facial expressions, mannerisms, and body language, even when she's using an American accent?
Yes.
Old 08-20-2017, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrum (View Post)
She is rather reserved. Though I think it fits the character because she's usually scared to unleash herself in any way.
Yeah, I do recall Jean in the comics being a little hot tempered, but that's such a redhead stereotype. You're from Scotland, Rita, and there are a lot of redheads there. Any truth to that?

So what exactly could Sophie do to get rid of any British mannerisms and seem more American, sum1? I'm assuming you've met more British people than I have, you living in Ireland.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:46 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

More male redheads than female. Some must be dying their hair a different colour though, natural red is not popular for some reason
Old 08-21-2017, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
So what exactly could Sophie do to get rid of any British mannerisms and seem more American, sum1?
I doubt she could do it. Some people are just very their nation and ordinary acting skills don't seem to be able to disguise it. I can think of a ton of actors who very clearly could never come across as any nationality but their own, no matter how talented they are in other areas of acting.
Quote:
More male redheads than female. Some must be dying their hair a different colour though, natural red is not popular for some reason
Yeah, there seems to be a stigma associated with being redheaded in Britain.

And just to clarify for Alex in case he's curious, the stereotype about the Irish being redhaired is bull. Most people in Ireland have brown hair and blue eyes.

Last edited by sum1; 08-21-2017 at 05:30 AM
Old 08-22-2017, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
I doubt she could do it. Some people are just very their nation and ordinary acting skills don't seem to be able to disguise it. I can think of a ton of actors who very clearly could never come across as any nationality but their own, no matter how talented they are in other areas of acting.
Yeah, there seems to be a stigma associated with being redheaded in Britain.

And just to clarify for Alex in case he's curious, the stereotype about the Irish being redhaired is bull. Most people in Ireland have brown hair and blue eyes.
Wow, so you really don't think Sophie can improve in that area in future movies? I guess we'll have to wait and see.

And I actually never heard of any such stereotype associated with the Irish, sum1. It's the Scots who actually have the redhead stereotype. And why the stigma?

Quote:
I have no idea why redheads would be unpopular in the UK, Rita. It's considered a turn on here in the USA if a woman has red hair. Why do you think so many comic book heroines have red hair? And why do you think so many American men like to visit Scotland? On top of red hair being a turn on, it's also a turn on to hear a woman have an orgasm in a Scottish accent.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 08-23-2017, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Rita. I can't wait to see Sophie in Dark Phoenix so that Scott can find out if her red hair is all natural.
Old 08-29-2017, 02:24 PM
I am a basketball genius!

What other color would you want it to be besides red?
Old 08-29-2017, 02:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Sansa was ace last episode!
Old 08-29-2017, 02:49 PM
I am a basketball genius!

She did well. I liked Littlefinger though it was expected what happened to him. Kinda surprised it took so long.

X-Men: Dark Phoenix May Have Found Its Young Jean Grey
Old 08-29-2017, 05:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
What other color would you want it to be besides red?
I wouldn't. I was implying that Scott would find out if Jean's hair is her natural color by... you know.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Star

For 's sake!
Old 08-30-2017, 04:34 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, what did I do now, sum1?
Old 09-07-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Old 09-07-2017, 09:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for the gif, Rita! Oh, Sophie and that exquisite red hair and English accent.