Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2022, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
CBR
10 Ways The X-Men Changed Marvel Comics
The X-Men have long been one of the most important parts of Marvel Comics, and the mutants have changed the very fabric of the Marvel...
https://www.cbr.com/x-men-changed-ma...mics-ways-how/
dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
She had a mini-series back in the '80s.
I know. I saw it. It was after the Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends cartoon was cancelled.

Thanks, dragonfire.

Yeah, they changed Marvel alright. I just wish they weren't so dysfunctional.
Old 07-29-2022, 04:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

I'm talking about a comic book.

tuck frump
Free Tibet and the Uighurs. Free Afghanistan. Slava Ukraini!
sum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 02:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
AIPT
Marvel Preview: Immortal X-Men #5 • AIPT
What's changed? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. And the Eternals who dared attack Krakoa are going to discover what that means.
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/07/29/ma...ortal-x-men-5/
Old 07-29-2022, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, dragonfire.

My lord, the Eternals movie wasn't even successful, so why is Marvel so high on this Eternals/X-Men storyline?

Quote:
I'm talking about a comic book.
I know. So am I. The Firestar limited comic book series came out after the cancellation of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Marvel wanted to make sure they had the Firestar character solidly in their registry so that no one else could use that name.

I'm sure you know this, but she was only created because the cartoon wasn't allowed to use Johnny Storm/The Human Torch, for the same reason that the 1980s Fantastic Four cartoon wasn't allowed to use him and had to replace him with HERBIE the robot. I think it had something to do with the original Human Torch/Jim Hammond, and Hammond's creator claiming copyright over the name or some such thing since the Stan Lee/Steve Ditko/Jack Kirby trio had nothing to do with creating Hammond. So, they created a female superhero named Angelica Jones, with similar heat powers(only this time it was microwave powers) and an outfit inspired by Spitfire from the Invaders, but with red hair that gave her a noticeable resemblance to Mary Jane Watson, which I doubt was coincidental.

The cartoon was originally going to be Spider-Man/Iceman/Human Torch, with Peter, Bobby, and Johnny as college roommates. Reed Richards was the one who paid for their expensive college apartment with all the fancy hidden computer equipment, but that had to change to Tony Stark after they weren't allowed to use Johnny Storm.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 07-29-2022 at 03:47 PM
PhoenixRising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2022, 09:01 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

My lord, the Eternals movie wasn't even successful, so why is Marvel so high on this Eternals/X-Men storyline?
No problem.

Because the X-Men sells. Just look at Spider-Man's next event. It involves the X-Men, Spidey, and Wolverine teaming up to save Mary-Jane, etc. etc.

If you want to get people's attention with a new character/team, or not so popular character/team pair them with the X-Men/Wolverine, and you'll get their attention.

Shoot I think the next thing they're doing with Ms. Marvel is a team-up with Wolverine.

Even the recent F4 comic had them teaming up with Wolverine.
Old 07-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Actually, the Eternals movie was a box office success. It just wasn't a critical success.

tuck frump
Old 07-30-2022, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Actually, the Eternals movie was a box office success. It just wasn't a critical success.
I thought it had a huge second week drop-off, like so many other recent Marvel movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No problem.

Because the X-Men sells. Just look at Spider-Man's next event. It involves the X-Men, Spidey, and Wolverine teaming up to save Mary-Jane, etc. etc.

If you want to get people's attention with a new character/team, or not so popular character/team pair them with the X-Men/Wolverine, and you'll get their attention.

Shoot I think the next thing they're doing with Ms. Marvel is a team-up with Wolverine.

Even the recent F4 comic had them teaming up with Wolverine.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wow, they're all teaming up to save Mary Jane? Is it because she looks so much like Jean Grey?

Yeah, that still never seems to work, dragonfire. If it did, then Quasar would still be popular.

Well, F4 has Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Ghost Rider as the "new" F4 whenever the original F4 aren't around. Those guys are hilarious whenever they team up.
Old 07-30-2022, 08:36 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Wow, they're all teaming up to save Mary Jane? Is it because she looks so much like Jean Grey?

Yeah, that still never seems to work, dragonfire. If it did, then Quasar would still be popular.

Well, F4 has Wolverine, Spider-Man, Hulk, and Ghost Rider as the "new" F4 whenever the original F4 aren't around. Those guys are hilarious whenever they team up.
No, just Spidey & Wolverine.

Ok.

I see.

Quote:
Screen Rant
X-Men's Magik Gets Mystic Golden Armor in New Costume Art
X-Men's Magik is getting a golden-armored upgrade as she formally joins the X-Men, gorgeously drawn by Russell Dauterman and designed by Rod...
https://screenrant.com/xmen-magik-ne...ign-dauterman/
Old 07-31-2022, 02:26 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
X-Men
Harrison Ford

Quasar was a reject.

tuck frump
Old 07-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

He was, sum1. I tried getting into his comic, but I lost interest.

Oh, okay. Thanks, draognfire.
Old 08-01-2022, 12:26 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

No problem.

Quote:
CBR
Gambit Teaches A Young Storm About Live Outside the X-Men, As a Thief
Gambit is regarded as one of the greatest thieves in Marvel Comics. Now, in Gambit, he trains a new protégé - and its Storm as a child!
https://www.cbr.com/gambit-new-prote...-storm-marvel/
Old 08-01-2022, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What? I mean... what?
Old 08-01-2022, 09:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Riverdale

Quote:
AIPT
X-Men Monday #166 - Kieron Gillen Discusses 'A.X.E.: Judgment Day #1' • AIPT
In this edition of X-Men Monday, writer Kieron Gillen discusses 'A.X.E.: Judgment Day #1.'
https://aiptcomics.com/2022/08/01/x-...udgment-day-2/
Old 08-02-2022, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend