Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-20-2018, 08:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Venom has nothing to do with the X-Men. He's a Spider Man character.
Old 01-20-2018, 09:29 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Jen got venom? I don't remember that. If she did it was only for the same reasons that they did it to Anne Hathaway, because they just wanted to hate on her because she was so good. Days of Future Past got praised for being the best X-Men film ever. And Jen as Mystique was a big part of it. Anyone who has an issue can blame the writers. They already increased Mystique's role in First Class long before Jen became a star.
Like you said. Her role as Mystique was already increased before she rocketed to fame. People online are silly and always looking for reasons to hate. If its not her. They will find another person to hate for whatever reason.

I've also finished 15 full length original scripts. here is a blog for them.
http://kipsscripts.blogspot.com/
Old 01-21-2018, 11:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

I do think the Romjin version of Mystique was closer to the comic book character than Jennifer's is. Though still not all that close. Mystique in the comics didn't go around naked and until the movies came out she wasn't a combat expert either, relying more on trickery and deception. But Jennifer's ordinary-relatable-person-semi-hero version is far away from the comic book Mystique, who was a sinister, manipulative character.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, I think you're right, Kip. And that's why I mentioned Anne Hathaway as well. And she killed it as Catwoman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Venom has nothing to do with the X-Men. He's a Spider Man character.

And I understand what you mean about Mystique in the comics, sum1. Jen's Raven is more of an antihero than a manipulative, sinister villain. But I think Jen's Raven was more well acted than Rebecca's. And I think Rebecca's Raven was somewhat redeemed in X-3, what little I saw of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiane (View Post)
Yeah she got venom at each area since back in DOFP. First Class not much, but DOFP the shade was high, on how she was promoted for the movie. They called her the new Wolverine.
They had issue with Simon Kinberg and Bryan Singer, but it was small potatoes to the flak she got. I love DOFP too.
Well, I think that was just stupid. What did people expect after The Hunger Games hit so big? I'm glad that it was successful in spite of all that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sum1 (View Post)
Days of Future Past wasn't the best X-Men film. First Class far outshone it.
I love how we can agree on so much.
Old 01-21-2018, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Different people playing the same character opens it up for something new each time.

Old 01-22-2018, 08:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:

Quote:
And I understand what you mean about Mystique in the comics, sum1. Jen's Raven is more of an antihero than a manipulative, sinister villain. But I think Jen's Raven was more well acted than Rebecca's. And I think Rebecca's Raven was somewhat redeemed in X-3, what little I saw of it.
Jen's is better acted. Less appropriate, though.

Quote:
I love how we can agree on so much.
Hey, nobody has any excuse for liking any other X-Men team film more than First Class. First Class just operates on such a higher plane. There's so much more depth to it. The other X-Men team films are just action films. First Class is a mood piece.

Last edited by sum1; 01-22-2018 at 09:12 AM
Old 01-22-2018, 09:42 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
Like you said. Her role as Mystique was already increased before she rocketed to fame. People online are silly and always looking for reasons to hate. If its not her. They will find another person to hate for whatever reason.
Exactly. I notice Scarlett Johansson receives some as Black Widow character. They think she is a terrible actress who shouldn't have a movie.

Jen as Mystique, she takes command and doesn't play second fiddle to a man like Rebecca's Mystique did. That's one of the reasons she gets shade from antis.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

What's all this "shade" business? When did that become part of the vernacular?

Last edited by sum1; 01-22-2018 at 08:34 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

What's with your redundant shots at sarcasm and baiting people?
Old 01-22-2018, 05:56 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hi, Kiane. I agree with what you said about Scarlett Johansson. I already resent her Black Widow for taking what is rightfully Janet Van Dyne/The Wasp's place in the Avengers movies. But her recent protests against sexual harassment as part of the #MeToo movement, and her criticism of James Franco, reek of hypocrisy since she continues to defend Woody Allen, with whom she's worked with and has never held accountable for his various transgressions.

Oh, and the sarcasm and baiting is just what sum1 does. He's Irish. Hard Irish.

I agree, Kip. New actors do give fresh blood to characters, although some are better than others.

Well, I do agree with you about First Class when it comes to that, sum1. But I just think that Days of Future Past was the more well-structured movie. Most of the X-Men characters were once again, superfluous and just window dressing(like poor Havok and Banshee). Logan is still the best, in my opinion.

Oh, and Jen may not have been quite as appropriate, but then there's a lot of inappropriate stuff I'd like to do with her.
Old 01-22-2018, 07:01 PM
Obsessed Fan

I'm a fan of her as an actress, but I don't agree with her personal views, as her slander against James Franco, when she befriends other movie execs who have been liable of this. Even her fans on Twitter disagree with her on this.

That's what he does bait, I understand. But I'm fiesty and when someone dishes it at me, I come right back. I'm no pushover.

I love Days of Future Past. That's my favorite. First Class and Logan get honorable nods.
Old 01-22-2018, 08:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

I like Scarlett Johansson and I like her as Black Widow.

Quote:

Well, I do agree with you about First Class when it comes to that, sum1. But I just think that Days of Future Past was the more well-structured movie. Most of the X-Men characters were once again, superfluous and just window dressing(like poor Havok and Banshee). Logan is still the best, in my opinion.
I don't think those characters were superfluous in First Class. I think they all played a part and it was good to have them there.

Quote:

Oh, and the sarcasm and baiting is just what sum1 does. He's Irish. Hard Irish.
Quote:
That's what he does bait, I understand. But I'm fiesty and when someone dishes it at me, I come right back. I'm no pushover.
What Alex means to say is that I was joking. I guess I should have put a smilie on it to indicate that, but people around here are so used to me joking that I often don't have to do that.

Here, I'll edit one in. :goes to edit previous post:

Last edited by sum1; 01-22-2018 at 08:34 PM
Old 01-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Jennifer Lawrence

Quote:
Exactly. I notice Scarlett Johansson receives some as Black Widow character. They think she is a terrible actress who shouldn't have a movie.

Jen as Mystique, she takes command and doesn't play second fiddle to a man like Rebecca's Mystique did. That's one of the reasons she gets shade from antis.
Most are men who hate women and only want men to be the leads.

Old 01-23-2018, 05:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Let's not generalize people we don't know.
Old 01-23-2018, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-LawForever (View Post)
Most are men who hate women and only want men to be the leads.
Honestly, there are certain females who showcase this issue.

It looks like Mystique will be mainly clothed in Dark Phoenix.