Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2021, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

We can only hope
Old 03-01-2021, 05:41 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can only hope (because I'm Canadian), but you guys, in theory*can do lot more. And, in terms of what I'm about to say, I should preface this that I fully believe anyone should vote for whomever they want to vote for.

But whatever Trump does next, whether it's run for office as the GOP's next presidential candidate, or go to jail, would become immediately irrelevant if the Democratic Party got its crap together once and for all. Up and down the countries, state legislatures are enacting all kinds of screwy laws to restrict voter access at the next election. Put a stop that. Give Puerto Rico and Washington DC statehood. Get a clear program together and get behind that.

Never ever let Texas forget that, when the chips were down, a junior member of the House of Representative for the state of New York did more to get them help than their senior Senator did. Never let Texas forget that it went the "no regulations, no siree-bob" route and had to be bailed out by the federal government when it went to hell.

I mean, the Democrats have the upper hand for the next two years. Do something with that.
Old 03-02-2021, 11:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
Who in the Republican Party would you want to run for president if not Trump? Trump could win again, but if it's vs. Biden or Harris I
I doubt he'd win.

Ben Sasse is the only viable moderate non-trumper candidate left in that utterly foolish party of posers.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-03-2021, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

Thing is if Trump decides to run again I just don't think anyone will go up against him, they all still seem afraid of him
Old 03-03-2021, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Star

Meh. If no one runs against Trump, that's just further evidence that the GOP has gone off the deep end. Not that such evidence was needed. But perhaps, if people keep facing the same reality over and over again for another 30+ years or so, eventually, they're gonna realize it would be best for everyone to seek an alternative.

Buckingham Palace to investigate after Meghan accused of bullying staff Well, the timing is not suspicious at all, what with her big Oprah interview airing on Monday, huh? I mean, it's not like I know the woman, or have even met her, but her mere existence withing the Royal family has sure revealed the nasty side of that whole "firm," hasn't it? Sheesh! Who knows, maybe she turns out to be the world's worst bully. That's entirely possible. But to the point where she has to be investigated, about a week after leaving official duties officially, when the guy who hung out with a convicted rapist pedo has never been the subject of any such investigation? Sure. That makes so much sense.
Old 03-04-2021, 07:14 AM
Master Fan

I have wondered if It may have been her plan all along after meeting the prince, marry him and move to his country knowing all along she would return to the US
Old 03-04-2021, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know any of the people involved here, so it's hard to know. Obviously, she had no problems moving back.

I just think it's weird that his family are actively pushing the story that she has orchestrated all of this. Like he's not a grown man, with his own brain, active adult experience in the army and a long history of blaming the media circus around the Royal Family for his mother's death and thus an equally long story of at least saying he wants to stay far away from all of that.

I mean, again, she could be the most manipulative person ever to walk the earth for all I know. (Someone has to be, right?) But that implies that he was pretty easily to maneuver, considering they've been married... what, less than two years? So how much of a cretin are we supposed to believe he is?
Old 03-05-2021, 04:11 AM
Master Fan

I'll be interested to see their interview with Oprah on Sunday night
Old 03-06-2021, 10:21 AM
Fan Forum Star

I doubt it's be as much of a tell-all as CBS has been selling it as. There's obviously some grievances there, or they wouldn't be doing the interview to begin with, but it's still his family. I don't know, but to me that's an indication that diplomacy will be guiding much of what they have to say. I guess we'll see.

Meanwhile, things continue to sucks for Texans: Texas power regulator rejects request to cut $16 billion in charges during freeze I can understand why people think the market will solve everything. I mean, in theory I can see how people can think like that. But, to me, this is just the perfect example of why one should never ever put their entire trust in the market. Because the market isn't some sentient omnipotent entity with perfect impartiality. It is controlled and dominated by people seeking a profit over everything else, including the good of the whole. And that's not just unethical, it's a recipe for disaster.
Old 03-08-2021, 04:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Janice~ (View Post)
I'll be interested to see their interview with Oprah on Sunday night
So? What did you think?

I though Harry was compelling. Like, there were holes big enough to drive a truck through in some of what Meghan had to say, but his part of the interview clearly put to bed (at least for me) any notion that this was all her wicked plan all along or that she's been running any of it.
Old 03-09-2021, 06:31 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
So? What did you think?

I though Harry was compelling. Like, there were holes big enough to drive a truck through in some of what Meghan had to say, but his part of the interview clearly put to bed (at least for me) any notion that this was all her wicked plan all along or that she's been running any of it.
I really felt sorry for Harry. The way he said his father was dodging his calls. Also his relationship is strained somewhat with his brother who was always his best friend. Harry has confirmed pretty much everything she said. It's pretty sad being married to a member of that family that she couldn't get help when she needed to talk to someone. It almost sounds like the family can't be approached if there is a personal problem, those type of situations are handled by whoever manages the day to day operations of the family. It gives the impression that the family is very cold and doesn't want to be involved with personal issues, just deal with it. It sounded to me like whoever the person is that commented on the color of the baby's skin could be Charles himself, they wanted to protect his identity. Glowing reviews of the Queen and the grandfather. Very sad and strange for sure
Old 03-09-2021, 02:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Couldn't agree with you more. Everything he said was a body blow to the monarchy.

I don't necessarily doubt everything she said, but it seemed very rehearsed, which made it a little harder to believe her sometimes. Him, on the other hand, you could see the emotions, from the pain, the stress and the sadness. So I believed him.

And, let's be honest, a lot of what they had to say was so very reminiscent of what happened with his mother that it wasn't that difficult to believe that's what went down with them as well. Just add racism and social media to what Diana went through, essentially.

It sucks that they weren't helped, but good on him/them for not waiting forever for that help either.
Old 03-10-2021, 05:48 AM
Master Fan

I somehow wonder is she "embellished" her story just a little about contemplating suicide I mean, she was pregnant and there was a child to consider but who knows I remember seeing photos of Harry, William and Kate all very close. She may have a score to settle but he has a lot more to lose, poor guy
Old 03-11-2021, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Star

I though she came off looking rehearsed, but I never doubted her claims of suicide ideation. In part because I remember very well how that all went down for his mother and how she wound up in the same exact place, with no one willing to help her either. (She threw herself down a flight of stairs while pregnant with William, IIRC.) And also because, in my experience, a lot of people have been in a similar place, where they see no way out. It's a common enough experience that I had no reason to doubt Meghan went through that. Even pregnant with a child to consider. Because that's being rational about an overwhelming feeling that cannot be reasoned away.

Anyway, the "good" news, if it can be called that, is that it seems to have launched a real examination of how things are done in the UK media. The monarchy isn't known for its introspection, so I didn't expect it would change much there, but lots of interesting things have been happening on the media side of things, from Piers Morgan quitting his job in a huff because he's no longer fee to to bash Meghan in peace when there's a pause in the conversation, to Ian Murray being made to resign his job as executive director of the Society of Editors (which I'm assuming is the UK that supervises media ethics).

I mean, if the HFPA can have its feet held to the fire because none of its 90+ members is black, it seems logical that the royal rota (aka the press corps that follows the Royal Family) and the media at large can be made to account for their own lack of diversity and how that may perpetuate unconscious bias in their reporting. Considering how diverse the UK population is (to say nothing of the Commonwealth at large), that has to be seen as a good sign.
Old 03-12-2021, 05:26 AM
Master Fan

I just feel like if Meghan was really contemplating taking her own life then her husband would have really stepped in and do something, did they address that in the interview? Like you mentioned there were holes in the story. Still feel really sorry for Harry, he's lost so much already. But anyway, As far as Piers Morgan, good riddance. I've always found him offensive anyway
Closed Thread   Post New Thread