Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2021, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

So what I'm hearing there is that SCOTUS might, maybe, possibly not stop Trump from facing charges in one complicated tax case in New York State. I really have no faith that'll happen, to be frank. Best of luck.

Amnesty International revokes Kremlin critic Navalny's 'prisoner of conscience' status I was flabbergasted when I first read the headlines about this, but going further and reading the comments he made that got his status revoked, it's easy to see why Amnesty reacted the way it did. It's not their business to support nationalistic claims. And, at least, they still demand his release.

FDA Analysis Of Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 Vaccine Finds It Safe, Effective So, that's awesome. The better the vaccine offer, the quicker we'll reach an acceptable threshold.

Meanwhile, things are slowly getting back to normal in Texas, but we're still not there yet: Texas grid operator defends storm performance as sixth director resigns I know having competent people in charge of the public infrastructure is anathema to the GOP ethos, but you'd think they'd have all been fired by now.

3 million Texans boil water amid 'plumbing catastrophe Even the GOP Governor is promising to shield Texans from the utilities bills that corporations are setting to get them to pay for the problem they didn't create. You know things are bad when a Republican politician is giving lip service, if nothing else so far, against the company and in favour of the taxpayers.
Old 02-26-2021, 12:02 AM
I am a basketball genius!

Thanks for that news. That guy defending theur storm performance on Texas was ridiculous. Ugh. Oh, there is a recall effort to get Gavin Newsome out of being California governor after his Covid-19 performance that people aren't happy about. I'd have thought that Andrew Cuomo would have gotten recalled before Newsome after revelations of him have surfaced lately. We had a recall of Gov. Kate Brown, but she survived & I'm glad. I think that she's done well, especially during our recent power outage here.

Last edited by canflam; 02-27-2021 at 01:01 PM
Old 02-27-2021, 10:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

i still can't believe trumpoleon actually offered the murderous rocket man a ride on Air Force One. i am astounded and not in a good way. ugh.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 02-27-2021, 11:13 AM
Fan Forum Star

Lady Gaga's dogs found safe after armed robbery And this is how I found out that there's a problem in parts of North America where people are stealing other people's French bulldogs because they're a prized breed at present. Like, it's great that Gaga's dogs were recovered, but the thiefs shot her dog walker to get to the dogs.

Old 02-27-2021, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

What gets me is how the Press is taking about the stealing of the dogs more than the fact the dog walker got shot!
Old 02-27-2021, 01:05 PM

Is he going to recover? I did not realize how much some politicians are against increasing the National minimum wage here. They do not want people making $15 an hour. That's too bad.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

According to the story I linked, he's expected to recover but, also, he was shot in the chest, so make of that what you will.

The story doesn't actually say, but he must have been shot at pretty close range, right? So either the thieves were really crap shots or he got exceptionally lucky. Because to think of the number of vital organs in a person's chest? It also goes without saying that he received excellent medical care. His family's statement actually highlights that he's received quality care. And he's got youth on his side. Not to be ageist, but it's easier to recover from something when you're younger.

The story here is that someone was shot for access to dogs, but I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that it's now a known criminal entreprise to go after French bulldogs. I know better than to try and understand why people would commit crimes like that, but for dogs? What?
Old 02-28-2021, 09:49 AM

Its odd certainly. Hopefully more info on why it happened comes out. Justin Trudeau did an interview with Chuck Todd on "Meet The Press" for today's episode. He's not planning to open the Canadian border anytime soon for those thinking he changed his mind. That's too bad. Anyone see CPAC this month?
Old 02-28-2021, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

It makes sense that borders aren't reopening just yet, doesn't it?

I don't watch CPAC. Did something happen?
Old 02-28-2021, 12:57 PM

It does. I can see why people would want to go across though. I'd like to go up to B.C. eventually. Probably Vancouver & Victoria.

CPAC is just from what I've seen this month about people giving grievances & complaining largely about Joe Biden & others that disagree with Trump & aren't afraid to stand up to him. Maybe it wasn't like that before, but it's pretty bad think. Plus Kristen Noem, Ted Cruz, Matt Gaetz, & Donald Trump Jr. are apparently some of the best "conservatives" that they can get to speak at it along with Don Trump Sr. None of those people I want to hear speak for 10 or more minutes. Nothing that I've come across on the news today or on YouTube is much newsworthy from it I think, so to answer your question, no.

So, if people are curious about potential 2024 Republican presidential nominees here, I just came across a story on a news app about that. Here's a quote from it: "If the 2024 primary were held today and Trump were in the race, just 55% said they would vote for him, followed by Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis at 21%. Without Trump in the field, DeSantis garnered 43% support, followed by 8% for South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem and 7% each for former Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and Texas Sen. Ted Cruz."

Last edited by canflam; 02-28-2021 at 09:47 PM
Old 02-28-2021, 10:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

the retrumplicans are still perpetrating the biggest lie of 2020, that the election was rigged/fraudulent/stolen. until trumpers accept the 2020 election results, there is no use putting any stock or merit in this nauseating group of selfish treasonous blowhards.

Clexa Forever! | may we meet again | Dave
Old 03-01-2021, 09:47 AM
Master Fan

I watched Trump's performance at CPAC on and off. He was an hour late and yapped for and hour and a half. The scary thing is he actually hinted he may run again in 2024. Hope he doesn't think most of us will forget all the lies and conspiracy theories and inciting that riot in his last days in office
Old 03-01-2021, 11:14 AM

Who in the Republican Party would you want to run for president if not Trump? Trump could win again, but if it's vs. Biden or Harris I
I doubt he'd win.

Last edited by canflam; 03-01-2021 at 01:24 PM
Old 03-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Master Fan

There is already a short list of interest for 2024 but after what happened in 2016 when he beat out more than 15 candidates I would think no one Republican would want to run against him
Old 03-01-2021, 01:26 PM

Well, it's a ways away, but someone will step up other than Trump to run for president as a Republican. This is assuming that Trump's legal troubles don't land him in prison before then.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread