Fan Forum

Fan Forum (https://www.fanforum.com/)
-   Everyday Life & Interests (https://www.fanforum.com/f134/)
-   -   Celebrity Crush Club-5-~-Our celeb crushes are so hot we need a bucket of ice to cool while drooling! (https://www.fanforum.com/f134/celebrity-crush-club-5-%7E-our-celeb-crushes-so-hot-we-need-bucket-ice-cool-while-drooling-63229230/)

sunnykerr 02-19-2022 12:51 PM

That airport was never truly abandoned. It never became what it was supposed to be so, in terms of international flights, yeah, nothing's happening there. But it's the hub for all the cargo flights (FedEx, for example), for all manner of local flights (for destinations up north, for instance), etc. And it's also a site for local plane-making companies.

About a Boy was probably the first thing I saw Nicolas Hoult in, yeah. And I was closer in age to him, I suppose, but I was more interested in Hugh Grant when I watched it. :) So Nicolas was definitely "the kid" to me. :lol:

It's funny, too, because Natalia Tena plays Nicolas Hoult's crush in About a Boy and everyone and their brother knows her as Osha from Game of Thrones or Tonks from the Harry Potter movies. But, to me, she was always that girl from About a Boy because that's where I first saw her. :)

Anyway, now that I think about it, I haven't seen Nicolas Hoult in a full-on sex scene. I look forward to seeing how I'll react if that ever happens. :lol:

LilMouse 02-19-2022 01:56 PM

Quote:

That airport was never truly abandoned. It never became what it was supposed to be so, in terms of international flights, yeah, nothing's happening there. But it's the hub for all the cargo flights (FedEx, for example), for all manner of local flights (for destinations up north, for instance), etc. And it's also a site for local plane-making companies.
Ah, well, that's good to hear. Good that it is being used and that it isn't just an eyesore that ended up having moss/ivy grow on it and silly teenagers getting up to no good in it.

Quote:

And I was closer in age to him, I suppose, but I was more interested in Hugh Grant when I watched it. So Nicolas was definitely "the kid" to me.
:lol: I can understand crushing on Hugh Grant rather than looking at the movie and coming away with a Nicholas crush. He was just the dorky kid back then with a kinda bad haircut. Hugh was the appealing grownup.

Quote:

It's funny, too, because Natalia Tena plays Nicolas Hoult's crush in About a Boy and everyone and their brother knows her as Osha from Game of Thrones or Tonks from the Harry Potter movies. But, to me, she was always that girl from About a Boy because that's where I first saw her.
When I was watching it I was listening to her voice and I was like, this voice is soooo familiar to me. And then it clicked that it was Tonks and I was floored by how different she looked in her About a Boy costume. And then I chuckled at how Nicholas auditioned to be Harry Potter (but obviously didn't get it) and he could've been reunited with her.

Quote:

Anyway, now that I think about it, I haven't seen Nicolas Hoult in a full-on sex scene. I look forward to seeing how I'll react if that ever happens.
haha, if it's an absolute pressing matter, the movie you can check out is Newness. That one has quite a bit. Then this movie has him playing an absolute scummy, corrupt cop who tries sexually assaulting a prisoner and he sticks his hands down his underwear to *ahem* get himself ready.

Jen's Herald 02-20-2022 10:23 AM







:clap: :yay: :love:

sunnykerr 02-20-2022 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105893095)
Ah, well, that's good to hear. Good that it is being used and that it isn't just an eyesore that ended up having moss/ivy grow on it and silly teenagers getting up to no good in it.

Long story short, then-PM Trudeau (aka our current PM's dad) expropriated a lot of farmers and villagers to build that airport. So it's pretty isolated. It could have turned into an eyesore, but it would hardly be a place where people go to party. Way too hard to get to. :lol:

Quote:

:lol: I can understand crushing on Hugh Grant rather than looking at the movie and coming away with a Nicholas crush. He was just the dorky kid back then with a kinda bad haircut. Hugh was the appealing grownup.
I thought Nicolas was awesome in that movie. He gave a great performance. His haircut was part of the character. But he was a child. I would never have had a crush on him no matter how normal he might have been made to look. He was a kid.

Quote:

When I was watching it I was listening to her voice and I was like, this voice is soooo familiar to me. And then it clicked that it was Tonks and I was floored by how different she looked in her About a Boy costume. And then I chuckled at how Nicholas auditioned to be Harry Potter (but obviously didn't get it) and he could've been reunited with her.
I never watched GOT, so Osha is not a character I'm familiar with. I just remembered her face from Abour a Boy. Then I saw her in Mrs Henderson Presents and then in the HP movies. I recognized her face.

I didn't know Nicolas auditioned for Harry Potter... but then I suppose most kids who were into acting probably auditioned for one part or another. :)

Quote:

haha, if it's an absolute pressing matter, the movie you can check out is Newness. That one has quite a bit. Then this movie has him playing an absolute scummy, corrupt cop who tries sexually assaulting a prisoner and he sticks his hands down his underwear to *ahem* get himself ready.
:lmao: Oh, I'm in no rush to see stuff like that. I just meant that, if I ever do, I'll be paying attention to my reaction. I suspect I'll feel a bit odd, seeing the kid having grown up.

Again, not that it makes any sense. I'm not that much older than he is. But it's a weird mental thing where you identify certain people as kids and get weirded out when they get older. My cousin's daughter gave birth a year ago. I remember her being a baby. So, you know, it is utterly bizarre to me that she's now a mother. And she's not a teen mother or anything like that. She had her own daughter at a perfectly normal age to be having a child. But my brain... :shrug:

So it's the same thing with actors, I guess.

LilMouse 02-21-2022 10:29 AM

Quote:

Long story short, then-PM Trudeau (aka our current PM's dad) expropriated a lot of farmers and villagers to build that airport. So it's pretty isolated. It could have turned into an eyesore, but it would hardly be a place where people go to party. Way too hard to get to.
:lol: Oh I see.
Hope the farmers / villagers ended up getting somewhere nice to live and work since their land was taken.

Quote:

I thought Nicolas was awesome in that movie. He gave a great performance. His haircut was part of the character. But he was a child. I would never have had a crush on him no matter how normal he might have been made to look. He was a kid.
Oh yea, totally agree about the performance being very good. If you think about it, About a Boy was sold as a comedy but there's pretty dark subject matter in it. And he did really well acting out that scene where he has to see his mom passed out on the couch after her suicide attempt. You just want to hug him there and shield him from harm.

Quote:

I never watched GOT, so Osha is not a character I'm familiar with. I just remembered her face from Abour a Boy. Then I saw her in Mrs Henderson Presents and then in the HP movies. I recognized her face.
I never heard of Mrs. Henderson Presents :eek:

Quote:

I didn't know Nicolas auditioned for Harry Potter... but then I suppose most kids who were into acting probably auditioned for one part or another.
Yea, they probably literally auditioned every single person in England for those roles. But it's probably a good thing he didn't get it because what movies would he not have been able to do if he was committed to HP, you know? Plus on a strictly physical basis, it would've been really weird framing-wise to have short Emma, kinda short Rupert, and then giant Nicholas in a scene together by the time HBP-DH came out. Short Dan looks better in the frame with them.

Quote:

I just meant that, if I ever do, I'll be paying attention to my reaction. I suspect I'll feel a bit odd, seeing the kid having grown up.
I imagine a moment of you sitting on the couch, and feeling so uncomfortable that you want it to open up and eat you whole.


Quote:

Again, not that it makes any sense. I'm not that much older than he is. But it's a weird mental thing where you identify certain people as kids and get weirded out when they get older. My cousin's daughter gave birth a year ago. I remember her being a baby. So, you know, it is utterly bizarre to me that she's now a mother. And she's not a teen mother or anything like that. She had her own daughter at a perfectly normal age to be having a child. But my brain...
Totally get that feeling. My cousin's daughters just turned 10 & 9 and I am like, sorry but I remember the day they were born as being yesterday. I can remember where I was when I got the text that their births happened. How are they close to puberty now? It makes me feel so old.

And I was listening to a podcast with Nick the other day, and he was talking about how he always used to be the youngest one on set. Now they have him playing dads. So even he is weirded out. There's nothing like acting to really show the passage of time.

sunnykerr 02-21-2022 05:16 PM

The people who lost their land to build that airport did not get a good deal. And then the airport went nowhere fast. It's one of the many reasons why PET (aka Justin Trudeau's dad) is not remembered super fondly in this province. :shrug:

Quote:

I never heard of Mrs. Henderson Presents.
Don't go thinking Natalia Tena had a huge role in it. In fact, I don't really remember her from it, I just remember recognizing her in it and her Wikipedia page confirms she was in it, so I assume I got that right. But she wasn't a main character or anything.

It's a great movie, if you ever do watch it, but it is about a real-life theatre in London that put on nude shows during WWII. There isn't much sexuality in the movie, if any. But, because of the subject matter, there is plenty of nudity.

It stars Judy Dench as the elderly socialite who launched the theatre as a way to cure herself of her boredom, Bob Hoskins as her theatre manager, Will Young as the emcee of the shows and Christopher Guest has a relatively small role as the man in charge of making sure the theatre puts on nude "tableaux" because, if the ladies moved while nude, then that's smutty and not allowed.

It's an odd mix of seriousness and silliness. And it's kind of my favourite war movie, in an odd way. :lol:

Quote:

Yea, they probably literally auditioned every single person in England for those roles. But it's probably a good thing he didn't get it because what movies would he not have been able to do if he was committed to HP, you know? Plus on a strictly physical basis, it would've been really weird framing-wise to have short Emma, kinda short Rupert, and then giant Nicholas in a scene together by the time HBP-DH came out. Short Dan looks better in the frame with them.
Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter for me. But he did stop growing earlier than Harry or he didn't grow up to be as tall as Harry was. In the books, Harry ends up being pretty tall. I don't think Daniel Radcliffe is short by any means, but Harry and Ron are meant to end up being of about the same height. :shrug:

Honestly, though, you can't buy the chemistry the main three had from the get-go. And it obviously got better and better as time went on. So I wouldn't change the casting of the Harry Potter movies.

Quote:

Totally get that feeling. My cousin's daughters just turned 10 & 9 and I am like, sorry but I remember the day they were born as being yesterday. I can remember where I was when I got the text that their births happened. How are they close to puberty now? It makes me feel so old.
:lol: Well, there you are. Talk to me when one of them becomes a mom. Because that's where I am.

Quote:

And I was listening to a podcast with Nick the other day, and he was talking about how he always used to be the youngest one on set. Now they have him playing dads. So even he is weirded out. There's nothing like acting to really show the passage of time.
I remember hearing something kinda similar from Scarlett Johanson about 15-20 years ago when she did a teen movie called The Perfect Score. It was a teen movie, when at that time she was doing more "award-bait-y" type movies like Girl With a Pearl Earring or that movie in Japan with Bill Murray. But she said that part of the appeal for her was that, for once, she'd be on set with actors her own age.

I mean, I go back to Daniel Radcliffe. He's an only child, so he would be used to being mostly in the company of adults. But kids that have siblings... it's gotta be strange to not only be working but be working with adults.

LilMouse 02-22-2022 04:07 PM

Quote:

The people who lost their land to build that airport did not get a good deal. And then the airport went nowhere fast. It's one of the many reasons why PET (aka Justin Trudeau's dad) is not remembered super fondly in this province.
What a damn shame :( The "little people" always get the short end of the stick. It's like you can never get comfortable because someone will come and take it away.

Quote:

It's a great movie, if you ever do watch it, but it is about a real-life theatre in London that put on nude shows during WWII. There isn't much sexuality in the movie, if any. But, because of the subject matter, there is plenty of nudity.
Seems like a different kind of WWII story from what's usually told because it isn't about battle or anything like that, not the soldier's POV or a concentration camp victim's POV.
Sounds like it has a good cast too.

Quote:

Daniel Radcliffe is Harry Potter for me. But he did stop growing earlier than Harry or he didn't grow up to be as tall as Harry was. In the books, Harry ends up being pretty tall. I don't think Daniel Radcliffe is short by any means, but Harry and Ron are meant to end up being of about the same height.

Honestly, though, you can't buy the chemistry the main three had from the get-go. And it obviously got better and better as time went on. So I wouldn't change the casting of the Harry Potter movies.
Same. DanRad is HP for me. It'll be weird when / if it's remade and some other kid actor is cast. I assume one day it will get remade because Hollywood can't help themselves.

I do have to admit that Dan is actually taller than me. I've met him a few times outside the stage door when he was doing Broadway plays in NYC. He doesn't tower over me or anything, but I shouldn't really talk about his height when I am a shorty myself.

I'd love to see the main trio in films together again, even if they can't all be in the same movie at the same time.

Quote:

Well, there you are. Talk to me when one of them becomes a mom. Because that's where I am.
I think I will cry into a pillow when that happens :lol:

Quote:

I remember hearing something kinda similar from Scarlett Johanson about 15-20 years ago when she did a teen movie called The Perfect Score. It was a teen movie, when at that time she was doing more "award-bait-y" type movies like Girl With a Pearl Earring or that movie in Japan with Bill Murray. But she said that part of the appeal for her was that, for once, she'd be on set with actors her own age.

I mean, I go back to Daniel Radcliffe. He's an only child, so he would be used to being mostly in the company of adults. But kids that have siblings... it's gotta be strange to not only be working but be working with adults.
I feel like with kid actors (as long as their parents keep them protected / away from drugs) it can be a good experience because it teaches them to mature quicker, be able to converse with people who are older, and really value hard work.

sunnykerr 02-22-2022 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105912721)
Seems like a different kind of WWII story from what's usually told because it isn't about battle or anything like that, not the soldier's POV or a concentration camp victim's POV.
Sounds like it has a good cast too.

:shrug: I love it, but I have a hard time recommending anything because, what if it's not your taste? It's not about combat or about the concentration camps. You see the rich country homes of Mrs Henderson and her friends, but it mostly stays in London. In fact, if I remember correctly, it mostly stays in the theatre.

Quote:

Same. DanRad is HP for me. It'll be weird when / if it's remade and some other kid actor is cast. I assume one day it will get remade because Hollywood can't help themselves.

I do have to admit that Dan is actually taller than me. I've met him a few times outside the stage door when he was doing Broadway plays in NYC. He doesn't tower over me or anything, but I shouldn't really talk about his height when I am a shorty myself.
According to a quick Google search (and lord knows those are reliable, right? /s), DanRad is 1.65 metres tall. Which puts him a few tiny inches shorter than me. So I wouldn't tower over him either. :lol: And, like I said, it's not like I was under the impression that he's short. He's just shorter than Rupert Grint and Matthew Lewish (who played Neville).

Quote:

I'd love to see the main trio in films together again, even if they can't all be in the same movie at the same time.
I think I'd like that, too, but it would depend on what the story was and who'd they be playing. I don't know how much water would have to run under the bridge for me to accept Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson as onscreen lovers, for instance.

Quote:

I think I will cry into a pillow when that happens :lol:
No you won't. You'll question the fabric of time and space, but you'll be alright. :lol:

There's just no putting into words how tremendously weird it is when the first person you remember as a baby becomes a parent of their own.

Quote:

I feel like with kid actors (as long as their parents keep them protected / away from drugs) it can be a good experience because it teaches them to mature quicker, be able to converse with people who are older, and really value hard work.
Do you know, I think you're probably right. Anything that teaches a child to work hard and to have fun is a good thing. :)

I'm trying to think of any actor in the HP franchise I might have had a crush on at some point and I'm kinda drawing a blank... David Tennant, maybe, but in a different role.

LilMouse 02-23-2022 03:46 PM

Quote:

I have a hard time recommending anything because, what if it's not your taste? It's not about combat or about the concentration camps. You see the rich country homes of Mrs Henderson and her friends, but it mostly stays in London. In fact, if I remember correctly, it mostly stays in the theatre.
I am the same way. It hurts so much when you love a movie and the person you recommended it to doesn't love it or even like it. I don't even like recommending restaurants because what if the person hates the food? :lol:
But I do like movies that takes place in one setting and everything unfolds over one day or a week. Like 12 Angry Men is so good and it's just in a deliberation room.

Quote:

According to a quick Google search (and lord knows those are reliable, right? /s), DanRad is 1.65 metres tall. Which puts him a few tiny inches shorter than me. So I wouldn't tower over him either. And, like I said, it's not like I was under the impression that he's short. He's just shorter than Rupert Grint and Matthew Lewish (who played Neville).
I had to convert what 1.65 meters is to feet :lol: It is 5′4, which actually seems correct. So yay for google being right for once :)
Matthew Lewis was someone who benefited from puberty. I think of him as a younger Clive Owen.

Quote:

I think I'd like that, too, but it would depend on what the story was and who'd they be playing. I don't know how much water would have to run under the bridge for me to accept Daniel Radcliffe and Emma Watson as onscreen lovers, for instance.
I think I'd love them to play enemies - either Dan/Rupert or Dan/Emma or Rupert/Emma. Because everyone would want them to be friends or lovers and I like the idea of going against what's expected.

Quote:

There's just no putting into words how tremendously weird it is when the first person you remember as a baby becomes a parent of their own.
It must be why even when a person has a 40 year old child the parent still thinks of the grown adult as a kid.

Quote:

Anything that teaches a child to work hard and to have fun is a good thing.
And it probably teaches them patience too since you have to wait around set doing nothing for hours.
Like I feel as if both DanRad and Nicholas, being child actors and probably being rejected at a ton of auditions over the years, learned to have a c'est la vie attitude.

Quote:

I'm trying to think of any actor in the HP franchise I might have had a crush on at some point and I'm kinda drawing a blank... David Tennant, maybe, but in a different role.
I don't think I crushed on any of the HP actors. But Alan Rickman did have a great voice.

sunnykerr 02-23-2022 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105919240)
I am the same way. It hurts so much when you love a movie and the person you recommended it to doesn't love it or even like it. I don't even like recommending restaurants because what if the person hates the food? :lol:
But I do like movies that takes place in one setting and everything unfolds over one day or a week. Like 12 Angry Men is so good and it's just in a deliberation room.

I've never seen 12 Angry Men but I've heard all the good things everyone else has heard.

The only thing I can add, really, is that Mrs Hendesen Presents isn't necessarily just set in the theatre, but it's like a biopic of that theatre. So it is set over an unspecified amount of time and it is mostly in that theatre, though it doesn't always stay there. But it's about that theatre and the people in it.


Quote:

I had to convert what 1.65 meters is to feet :lol: It is 5′4, which actually seems correct. So yay for google being right for once :)
Matthew Lewis was someone who benefited from puberty. I think of him as a younger Clive Owen.
Oops. Sorry. I'm usually pretty good about remembering to convert things. And, truth be told, height's a thing where even people who use the metric system know to give in feet and inches.

Quote:

I think I'd love them to play enemies - either Dan/Rupert or Dan/Emma or Rupert/Emma. Because everyone would want them to be friends or lovers and I like the idea of going against what's expected.
I saw previews for what looks like a very bizarre and not necessarily great movie starring Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum in which DanRad plays the villain. It looks like some sort of wannabe Indiana Jones movie. Anyway, DanRad (never called him that before, but I'm taking a liking to it!) seemed to be having the time of his life, hamming up the evil part.

I could see something like that vibe for a reunion of the HP trio. :lol:

Quote:

It must be why even when a person has a 40 year old child the parent still thinks of the grown adult as a kid.
:nod: When I was born, the youngest cousin before me was 7 years old. And every time I've reached any kind of milestone in my life (16, 18, 25, etc.), it's been like a huge shock to him. And no amount of "dude, there's only seven years between us, surely you could do the math" has made any difference.

Now that I'm on the other side of it, I really get it. :lol:

Quote:

Like I feel as if both DanRad and Nicholas, being child actors and probably being rejected at a ton of auditions over the years, learned to have a c'est la vie attitude
I'm sure. And I do know that DanRad's parents were in the "industry" before him, whether as artists or agents, so they'll have been able to guide through that.

Quote:

I don't think I crushed on any of the HP actors. But Alan Rickman did have a great voice.
OMG. I could kill myself (well, not really, but that's how big the shock is) for having forgotten Alan Rickman. I never stanned Snape, not even his version. He made the character awesome and I've no doubt the man was brave and blah blah blah, but I had my issues with Snape.

But Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility... Him, I could have had a crush on, for sure. :)

reason to believe 02-24-2022 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnykerr (Post 105892655)

Anyway, now that I think about it, I haven't seen Nicolas Hoult in a full-on sex scene. I look forward to seeing how I'll react if that ever happens. :lol:

Ahem, Nicholas Hoult and Gillian Anderson, that’s all I’m gonna say about that :lol: :eek:

Still talking about celeb crushes? Cause mine fueled my fire. Thanks a lot, Stephanie Beatriz, remember when she liked my comment and I got giddy? Well, yesterday she actually answered me in a comment I left her :thud:

Basically she was in a scary supernatural play in London and I wished so much to see her in a “scary” acting role. So I left a comment about hoping she will someday act in a horror genre movie or show. Then an hour later, I get back on and she wrote me “wellll… :look: definitely google that!” So after my shock, I did google and turns out her next project is indeed a horror movie. :eek: :lol:

I can’t believe she answered me and it was a wish granted :lol: I just can’t with this woman and crushing on her. She officially Texted me to give me good news :bawl:

LilMouse 02-24-2022 12:45 PM

Quote:

I've never seen 12 Angry Men but I've heard all the good things everyone else has heard.

The only thing I can add, really, is that Mrs Hendesen Presents isn't necessarily just set in the theatre, but it's like a biopic of that theatre. So it is set over an unspecified amount of time and it is mostly in that theatre, though it doesn't always stay there. But it's about that theatre and the people in it.
I highly recommend 12 Angry Men. If you ever find yourself with free time to watch a movie, watch it :)

Is the theater in Mrs. Henderson a real life theater?

Quote:

I saw previews for what looks like a very bizarre and not necessarily great movie starring Sandra Bullock and Channing Tatum in which DanRad plays the villain. It looks like some sort of wannabe Indiana Jones movie. Anyway, DanRad (never called him that before, but I'm taking a liking to it!) seemed to be having the time of his life, hamming up the evil part.
Oh yea, the movie with Sandra and Channing looks like it's going to be (maybe fun, idk?) silliness. Dan is usually great with comedy. I probably won't rush to see it, though.

Quote:

When I was born, the youngest cousin before me was 7 years old. And every time I've reached any kind of milestone in my life (16, 18, 25, etc.), it's been like a huge shock to him. And no amount of "dude, there's only seven years between us, surely you could do the math" has made any difference.
I have a cousin who is 5 months older than me, and anytime his birthday comes I'm like NOOOOOOOO stop aging because if you're aging so am I!

Quote:

OMG. I could kill myself (well, not really, but that's how big the shock is) for having forgotten Alan Rickman. I never stanned Snape, not even his version. He made the character awesome and I've no doubt the man was brave and blah blah blah, but I had my issues with Snape.

But Alan Rickman as Colonel Brandon in Sense & Sensibility... Him, I could have had a crush on, for sure.
:lmao: Snape was a terrible person. He's interesting to read/watch as a character, but man, his hatred for a child because one parent could at times be foolish was so unnecessary.

Alan has always intimidated me. But I thought he was sweet as Col. Brandon.

Quote:

Ahem, Nicholas Hoult and Gillian Anderson, that’s all I’m gonna say about that
OMG that scene was wild. As soon as he put her against the window, I was like, well she's dead.
Ever seen Reign? I had flashbacks when the sex against a window happened

sunnykerr 02-24-2022 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reason to believe (Post 105921781)
Ahem, Nicholas Hoult and Gillian Anderson, that’s all I’m gonna say about that :lol: :eek:

Quote:

OMG that scene was wild. As soon as he put her against the window, I was like, well she's dead.
Ever seen Reign? I had flashbacks when the sex against a window happened
OK. No. Nope. This is not happening. I'm bleaching those mental images right out of my brain. You can think of me as an old fuddy-duddy, if you want. I can't handle those images.

Quote:

Basically she was in a scary supernatural play in London and I wished so much to see her in a “scary” acting role. So I left a comment about hoping she will someday act in a horror genre movie or show. Then an hour later, I get back on and she wrote me “wellll… :look: definitely google that!” So after my shock, I did google and turns out her next project is indeed a horror movie. :eek: :lol:

I can’t believe she answered me and it was a wish granted :lol: I just can’t with this woman and crushing on her. She officially Texted me to give me good news :bawl:
That is so awesome. :D I can only imagine how exciting that was. I'm sure you're gonna be watching for any news of that movie like a hawk, huh?

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105924515)
I highly recommend 12 Angry Men. If you ever find yourself with free time to watch a movie, watch it :)

Is the theater in Mrs. Henderson a real life theater?

I will eventually watch 12 Angry Men. I can't imagine never seeing it. :nod: I avoid certain types of movies that are considered masterpieces because I tend to watch out for my mental and emotional health (for instance, I have zero intention of ever watching Schindler's List or 12 Years a Slave) but that's not what 12 Angry Men is, so...

Mrs Henderson was a real woman and her theatre, The Windmill, was a real theatre. When she died, she left it to her manager (played by Bob Hoskins in the movie). When he died, he left it to his daughter. I think it closed under her watch.


Quote:

I have a cousin who is 5 months older than me, and anytime his birthday comes I'm like NOOOOOOOO stop aging because if you're aging so am I!
That's where I'm funny, I guess. I don't mind getting older. I age every single day. Birthdays don't really bug me (so far anyway, who knows what's around the corner) because it's just another day.

But I do get a bit winded when people I remember being babies demonstrate that they're now adults. :lol: :shrug:


Quote:

:lmao: Snape was a terrible person. He's interesting to read/watch as a character, but man, his hatred for a child because one parent could at times be foolish was so unnecessary.
Thank you. And it wasn't just Harry. In the books, anyway, he bullies Hermione and Neville just as much if not more, and he obviously had nothing against their parents. I don't like bullies. I don't like kids who bully other kids, but I am especially intolerant of adults bullying kids.

Quote:

Alan has always intimidated me. But I thought he was sweet as Col. Brandon.
I've seen him in interviews too often to be intimidated by him. Of course, it's not like I ever met him. I'm an awkward person to begin with, I very much doubt that would improved when faced with someone who's work I admired.

Also, I've seen him in comedies. Dogma, Love Actually, Galaxy Quest, etc. Heck, he was even funny in Die Hard and Robin Hood, even though he played villains there.

reason to believe 02-25-2022 01:38 PM

Yeah, that was the first ever an actor I love told me herself that her next project is exactly what I was wishing for. :eek::eek: I was at work and almost fell over backwards on my chair. And it doesn't help cause I have a crush on her that basically texted me to give me good news. I think the horror movie will be out near the end of the year. I can't beleive Rosa Diaz and Mirabel wrote to me!! :lol:


Yeah, its funny, I have been a fan of X-Files and About a Boy for years and I wasn't expected EVER to see the two of them going at it. Plus I think that was a first for me to see Gillian actually die on screen. :eek:

LilMouse 02-25-2022 02:46 PM

Quote:

OK. No. Nope. This is not happening. I'm bleaching those mental images right out of my brain. You can think of me as an old fuddy-duddy, if you want. I can't handle those images
:lmao: and :hug: I will be very nice and not post the link to the scene then ;) There's no booty in it, if that helps. They remain fully clothed.

Quote:

Yeah, its funny, I have been a fan of X-Files and About a Boy for years and I wasn't expected EVER to see the two of them going at it. Plus I think that was a first for me to see Gillian actually die on screen.
I never saw the X-files (I know, crazy) but I did like Gillian in The Crown. She did a great job with that. I do love that Nicholas got to work with someone who is a legend. Or at least I consider her to be a legend. And she played such a deliciously manipulative character. I didn't want her to die, actually. I would've loved for her to keep popping up over the series and causing trouble. Anytime Joanna would pop up in a scene with him, I was like OMG she won't leave him alone! But this is going to be great :lol:

Quote:

I will eventually watch 12 Angry Men. I can't imagine never seeing it. I avoid certain types of movies that are considered masterpieces because I tend to watch out for my mental and emotional health (for instance, I have zero intention of ever watching Schindler's List or 12 Years a Slave) but that's not what 12 Angry Men is, so...
Oh yea, I haven't watched those two movies you mention. It would be a lot to stomach.

Quote:

Mrs Henderson was a real woman and her theatre, The Windmill, was a real theatre. When she died, she left it to her manager (played by Bob Hoskins in the movie). When he died, he left it to his daughter. I think it closed under her watch.
Shame that it closed. I wouldn't want to be the person that a long established place closed under. It's like restaurants that have been around for 100+ years closing.

:(

Quote:

That's where I'm funny, I guess. I don't mind getting older. I age every single day. Birthdays don't really bug me (so far anyway, who knows what's around the corner) because it's just another day.

But I do get a bit winded when people I remember being babies demonstrate that they're now adults.
I do have to admit, sometimes I forget what my age is :lol: So by the time I am 60, who knows how I'll be feeling about birthdays.

Quote:

Thank you. And it wasn't just Harry. In the books, anyway, he bullies Hermione and Neville just as much if not more, and he obviously had nothing against their parents. I don't like bullies. I don't like kids who bully other kids, but I am especially intolerant of adults bullying kids.
He's lucky he worked at Hogwarts and had something to offer Dumbledore because in a normal school his ass would've been fired.

Quote:

I've seen him in interviews too often to be intimidated by him. Of course, it's not like I ever met him. I'm an awkward person to begin with, I very much doubt that would improved when faced with someone who's work I admired.

Also, I've seen him in comedies. Dogma, Love Actually, Galaxy Quest, etc. Heck, he was even funny in Die Hard and Robin Hood, even though he played villains there.
He was in Love Actually? Why can't I remember him? Love Actually is the only movie from that list I've seen, which is really bad. I have to see more movies.

reason to believe 02-25-2022 03:36 PM

Quote:

I do love that Nicholas got to work with someone who is a legend. Or at least I consider her to be a legend.

This makes me feel old cause I remember watching the X-Files pilot when it first aired in 1993 and literally no one knew who Gillian Anderson was at the time. It was her first TV role. And now she's a legend. :lol:


Yeah would have been fun for her to keep coming back as that character, it was a great character who was funny, but crazy.

sunnykerr 02-26-2022 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105930764)
I never saw the X-files (I know, crazy) but I did like Gillian in The Crown. She did a great job with that. I do love that Nicholas got to work with someone who is a legend. Or at least I consider her to be a legend. And she played such a deliciously manipulative character. I didn't want her to die, actually. I would've loved for her to keep popping up over the series and causing trouble. Anytime Joanna would pop up in a scene with him, I was like OMG she won't leave him alone! But this is going to be great :lol:

^ Now, this is where a person's experience is influenced by... well, their experience. :lol:

I never watched X-Files either. I'm at the age where it "should" have been at least something I was aware of, but I wasn't for the longest time. So Gillian Anderson first came to my awareness in Playing By Heart, an ensemble movie where her involvement probably didn't get much attention.

So, to me, it's awesome that she's now considered a legend when she was once someone in the cast of a movie with Sean Connery, Gena Rowlands, Angelina Jolie, Dennis Quaid and many more. :lol:

Quote:

Shame that it closed. I wouldn't want to be the person that a long established place closed under. It's like restaurants that have been around for 100+ years closing.
I agree. I'm not sure how long it had been open when Mrs Hendersen bought it, of course. So maybe it wasn't that old. It became an institution because of having "never closed" throughout World War II, but I think perhaps the 1960's and 1970's would have made the whole notion of naked ladies in tableaux a little... passé.

Quote:

I do have to admit, sometimes I forget what my age is :lol: So by the time I am 60, who knows how I'll be feeling about birthdays.
I am terrible at remember my age. A side effect of having a mental age of about 12, I'm sure.

Quote:

He's lucky he worked at Hogwarts and had something to offer Dumbledore because in a normal school his ass would've been fired.
:nod: I fully support the idea that you don't have to get along with everyone you work with or that you don't have to like every one of your teachers. But Snape... people feel bad because James did bully him. And I do, too. Again, never a fan of bullying.

But he got to live almost two more decades than James. At some point, he should have spanked his inner child into shape and understood that you don't bully.

Quote:

He was in Love Actually? Why can't I remember him? Love Actually is the only movie from that list I've seen, which is really bad. I have to see more movies.
Perhaps this will jog your memory (and it's fortunately not plot spoiler-ish if anyone hasn't seen the movie):


LilMouse 02-26-2022 06:20 PM

Quote:

This makes me feel old cause I remember watching the X-Files pilot when it first aired in 1993 and literally no one knew who Gillian Anderson was at the time. It was her first TV role. And now she's a legend.
:hug: I'm sorry, totally didn't mean to make you feel that way :hug: It can be kinda cool to look at an actor/actress and say, I knew (person) when....right?

Quote:

Yeah would have been fun for her to keep coming back as that character, it was a great character who was funny, but crazy.
I loved trying to figure out what her deal was. And seeing how Catherine was so desperate for her approval.

Quote:

So, to me, it's awesome that she's now considered a legend when she was once someone in the cast of a movie with Sean Connery, Gena Rowlands, Angelina Jolie, Dennis Quaid and many more.
She really did carve out a...idk, importance for herself. Because now people hear her name as being in a cast and get so excited and check it out just for her.

Quote:

but I think perhaps the 1960's and 1970's would have made the whole notion of naked ladies in tableaux a little... passé.
It's like a place has to keep raising the bar in order to remain relevant, but I don't think I'd be too impressed with a place trying to be more and more degenerate, I guess is the word.

Quote:

But Snape... people feel bad because James did bully him. And I do, too. Again, never a fan of bullying.
Oh yea, James' behavior was very ewww towards him --- though Snape did give back as good as he got, like with that curse he came up with. But James seemed to mature while Snape didn't, so that wasn't a good look.

Quote:

But he got to live almost two more decades than James. At some point, he should have spanked his inner child into shape and understood that you don't bully.
:lol: at the mental imagery of this. But I agree. He had arrested development in that department.

Mr. Bean!
Is he the one who is cheating on Emma Thompson in the movie? I like how they were reunited after S&S.

Jen's Herald 02-27-2022 08:39 AM

https://content.api.news/v3/images/b...33ca01141b9303



the gorgeous Ms Steinfeld :melt:

sunnykerr 02-27-2022 11:05 AM

^ I know her from the Pitch Perfect sequels.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105937655)
She really did carve out a...idk, importance for herself. Because now people hear her name as being in a cast and get so excited and check it out just for her.

She's lasted decades in an industry that heavily favours the young. And the praise Gillian Andersen has garnered has only increased over time. So you know she's solid. She's quality.


Quote:

It's like a place has to keep raising the bar in order to remain relevant, but I don't think I'd be too impressed with a place trying to be more and more degenerate, I guess is the word.
:nod: Exactly. Also, though, upping the ante would have de-natured what the Windmill was. What made it special is what ended up making it irrelevant. Changing it to adapt to the times would have just meant having it become one among probably many others.

So there probably was no other choice than to close it


Quote:

Oh yea, James' behavior was very ewww towards him --- though Snape did give back as good as he got, like with that curse he came up with. But James seemed to mature while Snape didn't, so that wasn't a good look.

:lol: at the mental imagery of this. But I agree. He had arrested development in that department.
James was a bratty (aggressively bratty) arrogrant teenager who needed being taken down a peg or twelve. He grew out of that, as you say.


It's funny that you should mention Snape's arrested development, which is totally real and obvious, because I feel like Sirius's experiences had the same result for him. I don't know how much maturing Sirius did post-Hogwarts, but spending 12 years following the murder of his best friend probably didn't help him grow older gracefully.


Quote:

Is he the one who is cheating on Emma Thompson in the movie? I like how they were reunited after S&S.
He, unfortunately, is the one cheating on Emma Thompson, yes. But he is funny elsewhere in his scenes. Thank goodness.

Love Actually was very odd, in a sense, for the reunions of not only Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman but because Hugh Grant plays her brother in this one. :lol:

LilMouse 02-27-2022 04:27 PM

Quote:

She's lasted decades in an industry that heavily favours the young. And the praise Gillian Andersen has garnered has only increased over time. So you know she's solid. She's quality.
Definitely. It's so sad that if you're not 30 or younger Hollywood doesn't want a woman, but it shows that she has a lot of talent that she managed to not let Hollywood standards slow her down.

Quote:


It's funny that you should mention Snape's arrested development, which is totally real and obvious, because I feel like Sirius's experiences had the same result for him. I don't know how much maturing Sirius did post-Hogwarts, but spending 12 years following the murder of his best friend probably didn't help him grow older gracefully.
So true. And since he was in jail for many years, not coming into contact with many people, and being (rightfully) obsessed with the murder of his best friend and being falsely accused for said murder, I can see how that kinda broke his brain and anything growth.

It's a tragedy for all involved.

Quote:

Love Actually was very odd, in a sense, for the reunions of not only Emma Thompson and Alan Rickman but because Hugh Grant plays her brother in this one
:facepalm: OMG yes, Hugh was in it! I forgot he played her brother. Too bad Kate Winslet wasn't in it as the person Alan was cheating with.

sunnykerr 02-28-2022 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105943758)
Definitely. It's so sad that if you're not 30 or younger Hollywood doesn't want a woman, but it shows that she has a lot of talent that she managed to not let Hollywood standards slow her down.

:shrug: It's definitely gross and unfair. And stupid, because it means we are more likely to see people with less talent who have more of a presence on social media than we are of seeing actual ladies with actual talent.

It also means Nicole Kidman's face hasn't moved in 12 years. So that part is sad, I suppose.


Quote:

So true. And since he was in jail for many years, not coming into contact with many people, and being (rightfully) obsessed with the murder of his best friend and being falsely accused for said murder, I can see how that kinda broke his brain and anything growth.

It's a tragedy for all involved.
Sirius is, in some ways, one of the fictional characters I could have a crush on. :) The HP universe is honestly full of those. The great thing about fictional characters, and celebrities, is that you don't necessarily get to know the whole person. It makes it easier to like or to hate them, depending on the circumstances. :)

Quote:

:facepalm: OMG yes, Hugh was in it! I forgot he played her brother. Too bad Kate Winslet wasn't in it as the person Alan was cheating with.
The fact that I've never had a crush on Hugh Grant, on the other hand, is the real mystery. If I have a physical type, it's the old cliché tall, dark and handsome. More specifically, talk, dark, handsome with light-coloured eyes. So, in theory, Hugh Grant fits.

And he's witty. Usually, that's my cryptonite. I'll have a crush on a short, blond guy with wonky teeth if he's witty enough.

And yet... :shrug: Never happened. It's a mystery for the ages. :)

LilMouse 03-01-2022 11:02 AM

Quote:

And stupid, because it means we are more likely to see people with less talent who have more of a presence on social media than we are of seeing actual ladies with actual talent.
True, Sophie Turner already admitted she got the dark phoenix role because of her social media influence meanwhile a much more talented actress auditioned and was passed up.

Quote:

It also means Nicole Kidman's face hasn't moved in 12 years. So that part is sad, I suppose.
:lol:
Probably a bad thing that I laughed at this. Such a shame she keeps getting botox. She was perfectly fine without it.

Quote:

Sirius is, in some ways, one of the fictional characters I could have a crush on. The HP universe is honestly full of those. The great thing about fictional characters, and celebrities, is that you don't necessarily get to know the whole person. It makes it easier to like or to hate them, depending on the circumstances.
Do you have a Gary Oldman crush?

The bad thing is when the celeb crush you have does something totally dumb or embarrassing and then it ruins the illusion. At least with a fictional character you can never be disappointed, especially if the series is over.

Quote:

I'll have a crush on a short, blond guy with wonky teeth if he's witty enough.
:lol: Sense of humor really is a most attractive quality. It's like how Marc Anthony's father told him that he was ugly so he had to make sure to have the best personality / humor.

sunnykerr 03-01-2022 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LilMouse (Post 105955658)
True, Sophie Turner already admitted she got the dark phoenix role because of her social media influence meanwhile a much more talented actress auditioned and was passed up.

I didn't see those X-Men movies, so I can't speak to her performance. But good on her for her honesty. Because she can't be the only one that happened to. And it's not just the ladies either, I would imagine.


Quote:

:lol:
Probably a bad thing that I laughed at this. Such a shame she keeps getting botox. She was perfectly fine without it.
:shrug: It's hard, isn't it? You can't blame her for wanting to do whatever she can to help her career. And she can't be the only one doing botox either. She's just the obvious example of when it becomes obvious.

She is a great actress, too. It's unfortunate that she can't do her job and have access to the same roles while playing her actual age.


Quote:

Do you have a Gary Oldman crush?
No. Never have had.

I have nothing against him, of course. But while it's obvious he's made good choices in his career and there is no denying his talent, the roles he's played are too weird and/or brutal for me to crush on. :shrug:


Quote:

The bad thing is when the celeb crush you have does something totally dumb or embarrassing and then it ruins the illusion. At least with a fictional character you can never be disappointed, especially if the series is over.
For sure. There's even dumber, too.

I have a severe aversion to cigarette smoking. Smoking of any kind, really, but particularly cigarette. And many people I know and love are smokers, so when I say I have an aversion, I mean it. But I would also never judge a person based on their smoking.

But a celebrity crush? Nothing kills it faster for me than finding out they smoke. And they probably all do. So, you know, it's even that much stupider.

Quote:

:lol: Sense of humor really is a most attractive quality. It's like how Marc Anthony's father told him that he was ugly so he had to make sure to have the best personality / humor.
Billy Boyd. Not the tallest of men and rather fair. Still handsome, of course. But there you go. I like him. He's delightful in interviews. Similarly, Nish Kumar, a British comedian... not super tall, but so quick-witted. Love him.

LilMouse 03-02-2022 01:07 PM

Quote:

I didn't see those X-Men movies, so I can't speak to her performance. But good on her for her honesty. Because she can't be the only one that happened to. And it's not just the ladies either, I would imagine.
Her performance was OK, nothing to write home about. I heard people say Saoirse Ronan was the one who auditioned and lost it because of her small online presence. Saoirse is a good actress.

I think it definitely happens with men too.

Quote:

You can't blame her for wanting to do whatever she can to help her career. And she can't be the only one doing botox either. She's just the obvious example of when it becomes obvious.

She is a great actress, too. It's unfortunate that she can't do her job and have access to the same roles while playing her actual age.
It's so crazy (and sad) to think that she has already proven herself as a capable actress, yet Hollywood doesn't care because they are more concerned with youth.

Quote:

I have nothing against him, of course. But while it's obvious he's made good choices in his career and there is no denying his talent, the roles he's played are too weird and/or brutal for me to crush on.
He also looks old in most roles, so I am not attracted to him

Quote:

But a celebrity crush? Nothing kills it faster for me than finding out they smoke. And they probably all do. So, you know, it's even that much stupider.
It makes me sad how all of Hollywood..or I guess most, smokes. And then photographers always try to get a photo of a celeb smoking to put in magazines.
I hate smoking too I can't breathe when people smoke and my eyes water.


Quote:

Billy Boyd. Not the tallest of men and rather fair. Still handsome, of course. But there you go. I like him. He's delightful in interviews. Similarly, Nish Kumar, a British comedian... not super tall, but so quick-witted. Love him.
I like watching James McAcoy interviews because of his charm.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin, Copyright © 2000-2022.
Copyright © 1998-2022, Fan Forum.