Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2022, 08:33 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

fish curry sounds so good .

*sigh* had a bit of my cauliflower and apple salad and some veg patties for lunch. i was barely hungry. my mom is feeling unwell. a bit of cough, vomit, could be anything now

i feel "fine" just no appetite and hate doing dishes (normally my mom does it in exchange of me cooking).
Old 01-11-2022, 05:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

My fish curry was so scrumptious. Kinda sweet, if I'm honest. I mean, there is maple syrup in it, but not that much. Cardamom, too. Is cardamom a sweet spice? I don't know. Anyway, I ate every last bit of it.

I hope your mother is feeling better and that you don't catch whatever she has... just because it probably would be no fun to have the two of you sick at the same time.

Maybe you're feeling run down in part because your immune system is fighting whatever it is she has...

Just make sure you both keep hydrated. To a certain extent, we can all survive not eating much for a while. But drinking is the best way to flush stuff out of your system and to make sure the system keeps running

Mostly, just take care of yourself.
Old 01-11-2022, 09:42 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i should try to make fish curry eventually.

at this time, i can't get my hands on rapid tests. if she really has it then it's best that i stay home as well. i still feel fine, a bit of dry throat but nothing more than usual, it could be the heating as we are having extreme cold weather.

the sound of her vomiting on and off all day isn't helping me with the appetite...

i think i'll limit my presence outside of my boards for a few days. i need to get more sleep.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

The recipe I have is easy, and I have a tendency to not even follow that. I can't vouch for how authentic it is. In fact, I have a sneaky feeling it's not very authentic at all. It has curry powder in it and it's meant to have coconut milk, too, so that would make it a curry-type recipe.

Honestly, I wouldn't say your mother has or doesn't have Covid. There are a lot of ways to be sick without it being that one. I just hope she feels better soon. And I hope you feel better soon.

The sound of vomitting throughout the day would certainly put me off my food.

Take care of yourself. That's the main thing.
Old 01-17-2022, 02:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

IS anyone in Canada here experiencing the winter storm happening on the Eastern area??
Old 01-17-2022, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, I am. I don't want to speak out of turn, but the last time I look outside, it looked like a decent amount had fallen... and it was still going. At least it's not a blizzard. Just constant, non-stop soft snow. Falling.
Old 01-18-2022, 07:19 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Montreal public schools I believe had another snow day today. I'm currently watching ''The National'' on YouTube & they mentioned that storm. Toronto has gotten up to 55 centimeteres of snow. A woman got a $400 ticket after leaving her car. A tow truck driver was hit by a snow plow on Hwy. 417. Certainly be safe out there.
Old 01-19-2022, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

We did get a lot of snow, but it's rare that you get snow days for two days in a row in Montreal. Like, I've never seen it happen before. So I'm thinking that, since this was the first week students were going back to school after doing school at home because of Omicron, I think some schools probably took advantage of the situation to get themselves some breathing room.

It's either that or too many city workers are out with Covid so the streets weren't shovelled out in time.

I just hope the homeless are okay. The rest of us should be able to work around the situation.
Old 01-23-2022, 12:24 AM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

the snow, the freezing temperature, the virus. rough year so far.

work and tiredness all week. so i got sick too. whatever my mom had or didn't have, she gave it to me. of course i started to feel unwell when she got better. great stuff.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, no! I hope you feel better soon, Tracy.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:29 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i feel a bit better now. i did call in sick for a day. work has been rough. i was super slow as if my brain is missing some RAM. there was still food in the fridge just no energy to cook. i barely ate so not helping and get headache. i gave up trying to get home tests, all sold out or far away. pff bad week. in fact i look at the calendar, not a lot happened this month.

i finally processed the daikon radish and the beets. they have been hanging around some time i'm glad they survived. both are now pickled.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

It's been rough for everyone since the beginning of the month. I'm not sure if that's a yearly thing and I'd just forgotten or what. I just know it's been hard for literally everyone I know.

Annie even called me today because she'd e-mailed me last week and I hadn't written back because I'll get to the end of the day and have no more mental capacity to write anything... Anyway, she was worried about me. It's lovely to have someone like that in my life.

When you're sick, it's not really the time to cook. Gotta conserve your energy and, anyway, half the time you're not up to eating anyway. I'm really impressed you managed to deal with the beets and daikon. I'm not sure I would have, if it had been me.
Old 01-24-2022, 07:33 PM
I am a basketball genius!

Get well. You're vaccinated & still ill? I saw that more retail places in Quebec are requiring being vaccinated to enter them. I suppose that could help get Covid-19 cases decreased there. Curious how many other provinces & states are doing that or planning to.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:10 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Sunny, it's a tough month eh i'm glad u and Annie have each other

Quebec has the strictest restrictions in the country. i don't think it truly helps with anything at this point. stores above 1500 square meter, i don't know who came up with that.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quebec has strict but pointless restrictions. I feel like that plays a lot in why people are getting fed up and not respecting them as well as they did when this all began. Like, people stop at red lights on deserted streets in the middle of nowhere (even if it's sometimes more of a slow-down than a full-on stop) because they understand the need to do that. Opening this but closing that is starting to look arbitrary.

I mean, Quebec also has restrictions that make sense, like wearing a mask when social distancing is unlikely to be observed and encouraging working from home where it is possible.

But why Walmart, Costco and Canadian Tire need proof of vaccination but theatres and cinemas remain closed... It feels like a lot of it is less about public health and more about corporate interests.

I threw my back out. Again. Somehow. This body is so stupid sometimes. I mean, I'm okay. I'll probably start muscle relaxants, again, tonight since it didn't go away today.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread