L'il Pip - Peace River
Mad4Maura - Ottawa
MajandraTattOo ? Barrie
Mapledonuts - Edmonton
mArs (Christine) - Toronto
Mrs. George Eads - Winnipeg
new found glory - Toronto
Pocketful of Stars (Cindy) - Toronto
RumpleteazerTheJellicle ? Sarah ? Lindsay (Ontario)
Sandygurl (Sandy) - London
sheridon (Carolyn) - Calgary
spazzie - Toronto
Sperulez (Gen) - Montreal
Suddenly Beautiful (Lexa) - Ontario
Sun Worshipper (Karen) - north of Toronto
SweeT*SteFi (Stef) - Montreal
The Pod Squad CDN - Abbotsford
Truth takes Time (Karen) ? Ontario
VarsityChick (Kayleigh) ? Welland
vitamin-k - Vancouver
X-6_494 ? (Steph) - Montreal
hockeycanada87 (Jordyn) - Saskatoon
Eilleen - Toronto
abw92 (April) - Winnipeg
MsPerfectionist - Montreal
Jen Jaree- Vancouver
Robotica - Ontario
~*Cubby*~ -Manitoba
crunchydictator - Ontario
Talkative One (Sarah) - London
TouTou07 - Quebec
pxleno52 - Toronto
sm_love_dc
stumps101 -Toronto
ashleyt - Toronto
tvlover88 - Edmonton
brothercrow
Melissa Ann
~Naleylove22~
Rylvan
Walt Reynolds
Sunny ~ Montreal
Old 12-09-2021, 06:55 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't know if naps make me more productive per se, but not having them makes me incapable of focusing. So I guess I've answered my own question there. I am more focues after my mid-day nap, for sure.

I moved to Montreal to avoid having to learn to drive, so I'm obviously not in any position to judge. I just find it difficult to follow my mother's logic somtimes... and I suppose the opposite must be true as well. It's just difficult to be expected to agree with what she says when it doesn't make sense to me, that's all. I understand it, but it doesn't change anything.

Tomorrow, I explore Walmart. And then it's the weekend. Things to look forward to,

Just like you. You'll see the Irish guy again. Some day. Some way. And, if you don't, it will be because you're looking forward to something better.

I do believe good things are ahead. I just tend to see the negative in life. So I need to get out of my own way, essentially.
Old 12-10-2021, 06:02 PM
Master Fan

Tftnt!
Old 12-10-2021, 11:52 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwm30 (View Post)
Tftnt!
hello there how are u doing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
I don't know if naps make me more productive per se, but not having them makes me incapable of focusing. So I guess I've answered my own question there. I am more focues after my mid-day nap, for sure.

I moved to Montreal to avoid having to learn to drive, so I'm obviously not in any position to judge. I just find it difficult to follow my mother's logic somtimes... and I suppose the opposite must be true as well. It's just difficult to be expected to agree with what she says when it doesn't make sense to me, that's all. I understand it, but it doesn't change anything.

Tomorrow, I explore Walmart. And then it's the weekend. Things to look forward to,

Just like you. You'll see the Irish guy again. Some day. Some way. And, if you don't, it will be because you're looking forward to something better.

I do believe good things are ahead. I just tend to see the negative in life. So I need to get out of my own way, essentially.
see more focus, more productive

yeah mine does that to. she expects we'll understand but no it doesn't make any sense

how was Walmart? i'm so glad weekend is here.

probably be stay home cooking tomorrow with the crap weather.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Walmart was great in the sense that I found a whole bunch of things for cheap. I understand the problematic nature of shopping at Walmart, but I'm happy I could get what I got this one time. I don't plan on going there regularly, but my budget appreciated the break. Also, it was crowded. I'm still having issues with crowds.

We had a power outtage here at some point overnight. I mean, I got up very late, so it could have been this morning. But it's nice. My apartment was starting to be way too hot for me because I had to turn on the heating this week when it got cold and then temperatures went up again. And, as always, heat and/or cold always takes forever to dissipate in my house. The power outtage seems to have helped with that.

This weekend, it would be very helpful if I got started on wrapping Christmas present. We're going to my Mum's for "first" Christmas next weekend. Then I'm at my brother's on the 24th, sleeping there that night, then to my Dad's on 25th, sleeping there again, and back here on the 26th.
Old 12-11-2021, 05:06 PM
I am a basketball genius!

It does not show here usually on Christmas Day. It would be nice of that happened in the Portland Metro Area though I think. Apparently there is historically a 70% chance of it snowing on Christmas Day in Montreal if that's where you plan to be during that time.
Old 12-11-2021, 11:15 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnykerr (View Post)
Walmart was great in the sense that I found a whole bunch of things for cheap. I understand the problematic nature of shopping at Walmart, but I'm happy I could get what I got this one time. I don't plan on going there regularly, but my budget appreciated the break. Also, it was crowded. I'm still having issues with crowds.

We had a power outtage here at some point overnight. I mean, I got up very late, so it could have been this morning. But it's nice. My apartment was starting to be way too hot for me because I had to turn on the heating this week when it got cold and then temperatures went up again. And, as always, heat and/or cold always takes forever to dissipate in my house. The power outtage seems to have helped with that.

This weekend, it would be very helpful if I got started on wrapping Christmas present. We're going to my Mum's for "first" Christmas next weekend. Then I'm at my brother's on the 24th, sleeping there that night, then to my Dad's on 25th, sleeping there again, and back here on the 26th.
it is a love-hate place. yeah the christmas shoppers crowd i never like crowds even pre-covid.

i hope u won't loose power tonight. the wind is strong

only 2 weeks before christmas! i got of regret not taking more time off

Quote:
Originally Posted by canflam (View Post)
It does not show here usually on Christmas Day. It would be nice of that happened in the Portland Metro Area though I think. Apparently there is historically a 70% chance of it snowing on Christmas Day in Montreal if that's where you plan to be during that time.
white christmas or not doesn't make any different to me maybe it'd be different if i have kids.
Old 12-12-2021, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Star

The one thing I know is that if the weather forecast calls for snow on the 25th, my mother will be on edge, because she knows that's the day we're driving to our dad's. So that will be something we have to deal with from the moment she gets up that day to the moment we arrive at our dad's. So, in that way, I do care about whether it snows on the 25th, but that's pretty much where my level of interest begins and ends.

When I was growing up, my mother and her sister were big into shopping, by which I mean going through a shopping centre at a slow-arse pace to look at a bunch of things and buy almost nothing. I hate that. I still hate it. I enjoy shopping when it means I have done my research, know what I'm looking for, run the aisles to collect what I came for, maybe find a few surprises along the way, pay for it all and then go home. To me, shopping is not a fact-finding mission or a social occasion.

So I'm never comfortable in a crowd, ever. Social anxiety and all. But in a shopping situation, it's kinda worse because they slow me down.

I didn't lose my power last night. The winds were super strong, though. The lights flickered a bit around midnight, but it was fine for me in the end. How about you?

Can you take the first week of January off? To me, that's the week I always regret not taking. Everyone's coming back from vacation and getting caught up in things. If you've worked the week(s) before, I feel like that'd be the week to skedaddle, if you can.
Old 12-12-2021, 09:39 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i hope the roads will be in a good condition.

knowing what u're looking for fast u're out of there. i like looking around when it's not crowded. i used to go to Carrefour Laval after work when i lived in Laval to enjoy my half-Friday off.

power is all fine here. another windy night.

it's the week before xmas that i regret not taking. some colleagues are already on vacation that means new cases will go to who's left. it adds on to all the work u try to get done. we go back on the 5th. there's barely anyone. unlikely to have new cases, team leader isn't back yet.
Old 12-13-2021, 04:56 PM
Fan Forum Star

I would be surprised if the roads are a problem. Unless there's a lot of ice, which is always a possibility. But my brother's a cautious and confident driver, so I've never been worried when he's been at the wheel.

I just found out my mother's power went on on Saturday and it just came back this afternoon. I think she doesn't realize yet that it may snow on the 25th.... I'm gonna enjoy that while I can.

I guess I could see enjoying walking around stores and checking things out if I had a way of doing that regularly. But because I don't shop very often, and usually have to rely on someone driving me to and back... I kinda want to "take advantage" of the situation and get everything I need? Not really sure where that comes from, to be honest. Like I said, I was raised by women who liked wandering around for the heck of it.

It's still super windy here.

I told my supervisor the odds are good I'll be "sick" next Monday. I have two sick days left.
Old 12-13-2021, 10:09 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

be safe!

the weather has been mild lately but anything can happen.

i get that. u want to go to places and stay at one place too long as u reply on friends and family to drive.

i wouldn't have told them and leave them an element of surprise
Old 12-14-2021, 07:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

I don't see the point to lie about taking a mental health day. Besides, I'm entitled to them and will lose them if I don't use them. So I might as well use them.

Tomorrow, I was supposed to go to lunch at a fancy restaurant downtown and pay for a new employee's lunch on behalf of the company. It was a department lunch, so a bunch of people who started during the pandemic would have been there. My supervisor had to back out of attending at the last minute and put me in charge of paying for the new employee's lunch (to be reimbursed by the office).

Meanwhile, HR were super extra busy because the office has decided to change our schedules and so they're having to meet one-on-one with all the employees to figure out how everyone wants their schedule to change. So I only got hold of someone towards the end of the day today. Because I decided it was unfair on employees who had started during the pandemic to miss out on the free lunch. Especially since we're not a department that has high salaries in it.

And then, after work today, I found out that we don't have to go in tomorrow, because Christian Dubé said we should all work from home if we can. So I'm not going in tomorrow. And now I don't know what to do about people potentially showing up for work tomorrow without a lunch or any expectation of paying for theirs.

Oh well. I'll call in tomorrow and try to figure something out.
Old 12-14-2021, 10:05 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

absolutely agree about mental healthy days

glad the company pays for lunch. i know what it's like starting a new job during the pandemic. sucks that the employees will likely show up tomorrow and the lunch can't go ahead.

we don't get paid lunch or any welcome kit. they'd think the pay is all they need but the little things do matter. all the laptop bs, the lack of a proper training program, none of it is appealing.
Old 12-15-2021, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

I had another meeting with HR today. Different HR people. To talk about the schedule changes and to inform me of my pay raise as of January. (It's decent enough that I'll be sticking around, but not so extraordinary that my life is going to change.) And I told them I was taking a mental-health day on Monday. If it were the middle of year, I might have pretended or been coy or whatever. But it's the end of the year and I have sick days that will disappear. So...

Four people were there today, and they apparently did go ahead on a lunch. I have no idea if the company plans on reimbursing the person who paid for the newbies, because it wasn't me, because I wasn't there.

I forget. Do you work for a company or in the public sector? Because I expect the private sector to be ridiculous about the little things that count... Mind you, as I'm saying this, I'm now remembering my parents, aunts and cousins who work(ed) for the public sector and things like welcome lunches or the like were never mentioned. So I'm assuming they didn't happen.

Work places are weird. And sometimes plain ridiculous. Long story short, the schedule changes we're having mean we'll be asked to work 15 more minutes each day. In the e-mail that announced this, they had the balls to pretend that some employees thought this was a good idea. That our lunch breaks (of 75 minutes) were "too long". And, like, okay, I get that no one really needs 75 minutes to grab lunch, but are you seriously trying to sell me on the idea that more than possibly one weirdo went to HR to argue about this?
Old 12-16-2021, 09:48 PM
Sailor Scout Wannabe

Moderator of ...
The Witcher
Henry Cavill

i'm glad u got a raise and ur mental health day! we definitely should use them before they disappear.

i wish them all the best.

i work in public sector. nope no welcome lunch, no working laptop (because they forgot me and then forgot to give me VPN access). not even a paid christmas lunch (20$ per person last year) this year. on my linkedin i have friends in the private sector who got a gift from the employer in the mail. it's not so much about the value of the item but the thought of feeling like i somehow matter to my employer and a reward for sticking around this year. hmm come to think of it, i remembered getting a paid departing lunch from a previous public sector employer thanks haha.

wow it's ridiculous changing the lunch schedule. i'm so glad we have flexible hours that includes flexible lunch break (from 45 min to 2,5h).
Closed Thread   Post New Thread