Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-01-2011, 07:28 AM
Absolute Fan

PAL, I asked you nicely to simply use her name rather than an offensive nickname whenever referring to her (and your other suggestion is just as offensive). I'm not a fan of your avatar, either, I probably dislike yours as much as you dislike mine, but just as it's my right to have a ViP avatar it is your right to have a Paddison avatar. That is not what I was commenting on, I was commenting on the unnecessary use of a nickname that alienates a group of people on this forum as you are basically attacking a character that said group likes.

How would you feel if people started throwing out offensive nicknames about Addison? It's about common courtecy, keeping this forum a place where fans of all opinions can meet, discuss without feeling like they are considered lesser worth than other fans.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Loyal Fan

OK I'll just refer to her as V from now on then.

Quote:
(and your other suggestion is just as offensive).
OK I can see how you might think that but characters can bug people. At least it's not that other word right. Anyway I'll leave that point there.

Quote:
That is not what I was commenting on,
I know. I was just making a point that sometimes you just have to live with stuff you don't like.

Quote:
I was commenting on the unnecessary use of a nickname that alienates a group of people on this forum as you are basically attacking a character that said group likes.
How does it alienate her fans exactly? You're not said character are you? You can still talk about her and say the things you want to say and I'll say the things I want to say. We're never gonna see eye to eye even if I don't call her that nickname anymore are we? I was just making a statement anyway. It didn't need to be commented on. I was just making a point about Addison and one of her previous boyfriends.

Quote:
How would you feel if people started throwing out offensive nicknames about Addison?
OK fair point but I'd just have to get over it wouldn't I. I mean I know that I love Addie so that's the main thing. But I just really don't like the things V's done since Lucas has been born and if I'm honest a few of the things she did before his birth too!

Quote:
without feeling like they are considered lesser worth than other fans.
I'm sorry if I made you feel that way but just coz I showed my dislike of her a bit more than maybe others do it doesn't mean I should get pulled up on it just for having a difference of opinion with you. After all the essence of why I called her that is because I really don't like her anymore. Sometimes you just have to accept that some people don't like the things you do.

Quote:
because I'm really done with the Oreos..
Yeah baby! Gimme five!!

Quote:
I agree with you, they have always been like brother and sister to me. And i find Sam bland and boring.
Ooh yay it's fun when someone agrees with you!! He's sooooooo bland and sooooooo boring!! Yeah I preferred it when they just used to talk and be friends.

I like the name too!! Thanks for sharing it with us smeagolkitten! How did you find out about it?

Ooh that would be interesting if PG (can I shorten it to PG?) turned out to be a consultant at the new practice!

Quote:
We don't know yet.
Oh I just meant because of my utter disappointment at the end of last season when I saw 2 certain doctors had got back together again. If Addie's gotten back together with Sam, and it did sound pretty final unfortunately then she's gonna have to cheat on him to be with PG isn't she? I mean that's just what she does isn't it? Just look at what happened with Noah Barnes... But yeah
Quote:
I hope she'll turn and walk to that guy..
I really hope so too. And I hope that she'll make a clean break from Sam first! Come on Addie you can break the cycle and make a change!!

Anyway we'll see when the new season starts won't we...
My ships : "Kitty"/Richard, David/Snow, Lois/Clark, Danny/Lindsay. : Nate/Tori, Neal/Sara, Robert/Kitty & Matt/Dani. : Nate/Tori, Teddy/Henry, Cole/Phoebe, Tom/Lynette (S8), Addie/Pete, Olivia/Brian, Paul/Izzy, Charlie/Angelo, Jess/Danny, Nick/Amanda, Matt/Lauren.
My shows: DesperateHousewives, C(K)astle, Brothers&Sisters, 9-1-1, TheMentalist!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Absolute Fan

Thank you, V is perfectly alright, nothing offensive about it. As I stated in the other discussion I am all for people speaking their mind, we should just be aware of our wording. It's perfectly possible to get our point across without using nicknames designed purely to mock/put down characters (and with it, their fanbase). I was not calling you out on showing your dislike, I was calling you out on your wording, big difference. It has never been my intention to make you swing over to my side of things, you have your opinion and I have mine and that will never change. But considering we are both on this thread we will have to find a way to get along as we do seem to have some common ground, at least.

I found it through twitter. I follow several PrP news/spoiler channels and one of them linked an article where the name was revealed.

The whole Addie turning around and falling into bed with Sam yet again to be a bit off... I mean, the part where she came up with a 'solution' for the practice I get (not convinced it'll be enough to keep the medical board away considering it will still be the same group of doctors working together), but the Sam aspect off it was just off. Nothing really changed, they stayed apart for a reason and it was never resolved, just pushed to the side. Addie's still determined to have kids and Sam is still determined not to, how they are going to work as a couple with her raising a kid on the side, it just makes no sense...

With Pineapple Guy (still waiting for the group agreement to use his name) there's at least potential for change. Maybe he wants the same thing Addie does, kids, commitment, who knows. It's a change, at least. A chance for something new, something better.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm glad the nickname discussion is over..
nicknames are okay (I loove them too) as long as they are not bashing or anything

That what'S bugging me too.. The babyissue still isn't really solved.. but we'll see how it will turn out.. BUt even if they work it out. I still don't liek them together as long as Sam doesn't tell her about the kiss (But we should talk Oreos in theri thread )

waiting for it too Guro but still I like Pinapple Guys
hmm.. It would be lovely if he wants the same things.. but since we don't know much about him.. it also could be that he already has kids of his own (like Sam) I mean they are in an age where that is rally possible..
But I love to think more about that chance of something new and better

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Part-Time Fan

I´m curious to see what will happen between them (if anything)
Old 06-25-2011, 01:33 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'M pretty sure we'll get a new triangle..

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-26-2011, 06:40 AM
Loyal Fan

A triangle? Why not, if Sam gets dumped in the end

This made me laugh:

Source:http://****noaddisam.tumblr.com/
Old 06-26-2011, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

althoug this might be better posted in the Oreo Thread too

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 06-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Babble (View Post)
althoug this might be better posted in the Oreo Thread too
I looked to that thread and i'm not sure

Last edited by evil_hypnotoad; 06-28-2011 at 10:16 AM
Old 06-28-2011, 03:07 PM
Supreme Fan

Lol that is hilarious.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_hypnotoad (View Post)
I looked to that thread and i'm not sure
why???

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-03-2011, 02:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

I am actually excited to see where this pairing will go. I love the actor, and am happy he is joining PP. Also Sam needs some real competition, he was lusting and pining after Naomi, which seemed to be perfectly normal for San and Naomi, so bring on a new guy for Addison to lust after.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

Me too.. I'm still angry with Sam.. so Pineapple!Guy gets all my cards now

I've got sunshine
on a cloudy day

Holly ©
Old 07-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

the pic
Old 07-27-2011, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

His beard is goooooone