Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-20-2012, 11:15 AM
Supreme Fan

6x06 Apron Strings: Episode Discussion

Apron Strings
6x06 Episode Discussion

ADDISON STRUGGLES WITH THE EMOTIONS OF HER OPEN ADOPTION, ON ABC'S "PRIVATE PRACTICE"

Guest Starring Matt Long ("Mad Men"), Deirdre Lovejoy ("The Wire") And Tony Award Winner Deanna Dunagan

"Apron Strings" - In this Addison-centric episode, her role as a parent is challenged when Henry's biological mother reappears and asks to be more involved in her young son's life. Meanwhile Addison reconnects with her mentor, who shares a very painful secret, on "Private Practice," TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20 (10:00-11:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 11-20-2012, 11:51 PM
Supreme Fan

And that is the Private Practice, I love. No gimmicks, just good emotional storytelling.

I loved that they went with the open adoption storyline, instead of her wanting him back. They did a really good job of telling it from Addison and Judy's POV and sympathized with both. I do think she was overstepping when she brought her mother to the park to see Henry. She should have asked Addison before, so I understand Addison flipping out when she showed up at the practice. In the end, it is about what is the best for Henry, so I am proud Addie was able to put aside her fears, insecurity, etc and did what she thought was the best for him. One day he will most likely want to know about his birth mother and where he came from. I do think Addison should set some boundaries, so I hope they were going to discuss it and figure it out.

I admit I cried when Addison gave Judy the necklace. Also, cried when Addison was writing her mentor's letter and they showed the flashbacks to Addie adopting Henry.

The mentor storyline and the lawsuit storyline was nicely woven in to the theme of the episode. Other thoughts: Kate was amazing, baby Henry is adorable, and Addison proposed. Looking forward to tomorrow's episode!
You look beautiful, like a princess. An angry little princess. Someone stole your tiara. ~ Jane (to Lisbon)
Old 11-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Elite Fan

I cried a lot during the episode. Perhaps because it had been a bad day. I mainly cried when Addison wrote that letter to her mentor's daughter. I guess I always get so sad when life ends and there is nothing but regret. Okay you can say she became this world class surgeon and saved lives and all - I'm not saying that doesn't count for anything but in the grand scheme of things, it seemed like joy was very scarce in Vivien's life. You can only draw so much joy from work. And while she definitely had a bond with Addison in the end she died alone. Which is nobody's fault, just how life goes if life just... doesn't work out really.

You might want to rethink marrying the lines "Kids are dead! Kids are dead!" ("Happy days are here again.").
Old 11-22-2012, 04:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

This ep was sad.