Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2022, 03:56 AM
Elite Fan

Ironically enough, the novel that Sophie Aldred wrote about Ace meeting Thirteen also has her as the founder of A Charitable Earth aswell.
Old 04-22-2022, 04:14 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by scififan2009 (View Post)
Ironically enough, the novel that Sophie Aldred wrote about Ace meeting Thirteen also has her as the founder of A Charitable Earth aswell.
See I wonder of they will introduce it into the tv show
Summer Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2022, 05:55 AM
Extreme Fan

My initial excitement at Ace's return, has simmered down a bit. Now I am worried that Chibnal will mess it up in some way. I am wondering if Russel would have been the better producer to bring her back.
The Shadow Strikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 01:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow Strikes (View Post)
My initial excitement at Ace's return, has simmered down a bit. Now I am worried that Chibnal will mess it up in some way. I am wondering if Russel would have been the better producer to bring her back.
Oh see I get that but if she isn't killed off there might be hope for her in the new series ?
Old 04-24-2022, 02:09 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Falls (View Post)
Oh see I get that but if she isn't killed off there might be hope for her in the new series ?
If she doesn't get killed off, and I hope she doesn't, it's possible that Russell could bring her back. It's just that I would rather a much loved character like Ace be brought back by Russell than Chibnal. Nothing that Chibnall has done, compares to the brilliance of 'Professor Yana / You Are Not Alone'. I'm not even really a fan of the RTD eras, but credit where credit was due, forshadowing the return of The Master in that way, hiding it in plain sight... that is the level of writing the show needs now.
Old 04-27-2022, 01:26 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
If she doesn't get killed off, and I hope she doesn't, it's possible that Russell could bring her back. It's just that I would rather a much loved character like Ace be brought back by Russell than Chibnal. Nothing that Chibnall has done, compares to the brilliance of 'Professor Yana / You Are Not Alone'. I'm not even really a fan of the RTD eras, but credit where credit was due, forshadowing the return of The Master in that way, hiding it in plain sight... that is the level of writing the show needs now.
Really I love RTD he was amazing for me
Old 05-04-2022, 10:44 PM
Obsessed Fan

That one was fun to watch! (Remembrance of the Daleks)
Waldfrau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2022, 06:38 AM
Extreme Fan

Remembrance Of The Daleks is a classic in many ways. It was also the first proper look at the 7th Doctor, as he starting to develop manipulative and scheming traits.
Old 05-05-2022, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

Great episode.
Old 05-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Remembrance Of The Daleks is a classic in many ways. It was also the first proper look at the 7th Doctor, as he starting to develop manipulative and scheming traits.
Yeah, creepy that. I rather have an angry 10th Doctor. It's not a completely new trait though, I wouldn't trust the first Doctor and he had the most childish reasons like sabotaging the tardis so they would explore Skaro to look for some "missing part" they don't actually need.
Old 05-06-2022, 12:32 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
Yeah, creepy that. I rather have an angry 10th Doctor. It's not a completely new trait though, I wouldn't trust the first Doctor and he had the most childish reasons like sabotaging the tardis so they would explore Skaro to look for some "missing part" they don't actually need.
It's not a new trait, that's true. But it wasn't a trait that defined the 1st Doctor as it did the 7th. And as the stories go on, it becomes clear that this Doctor isn't just randomly turning up at places like previous Doctors.
Old 05-07-2022, 07:16 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, I'm wondering how this will develop. The first Doctor really wasn't able to control where the tardis went and just reacted to every situation he stumbled into.

I felt sorry for the last Dalek and thought it was a bit harsh of the 7th Doctor to talk it into suicide.
Old 05-08-2022, 03:29 AM
Moderator Support Team

Doesn't the doctor do thar wirh every regeneration?? Just stumble into different eras ?
Old 05-08-2022, 04:11 AM
Obsessed Fan

The first Doctor didn't have any control over where the tardis went. He wasn't able to return companions to their original time. He had basically stolen a tardis without going to pilot school first. He had never bothered reading the whole manual. Romana was a highly educated Time Lady and much better in piloting the tardis.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldfrau (View Post)
The first Doctor didn't have any control over where the tardis went. He wasn't able to return companions to their original time. He had basically stolen a tardis without going to pilot school first. He had never bothered reading the whole manual. Romana was a highly educated Time Lady and much better in piloting the tardis.
And much better at trying on new bodies.