Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Elite Fan

Great pics

Love your icon!
Old 06-08-2009, 04:46 AM
Addicted Fan

Thanks, made it myself. I the pic and just had to have an icon of it.

Almost four weeks left til I see Chris

We are all stories in the end
Old 06-09-2009, 01:47 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the pics Liz. I like the one of Chris in denim with unruly hair.
Old 06-09-2009, 06:54 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms X (View Post)
Thanks, made it myself. I the pic and just had to have an icon of it.
You are very talented.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

James Marsters mentions CE recently in thr SFX special

Q. Would you like to play The Doctor?

A. "Oh yeah! Are you kidding me? It's a great role! I think I would take it very seriously, though, I don't now if my Who would be very goofy Mine would be more serious, like Christopher Ecclestone's. That would be one of the best roles, yeah!

Nice to see CE' s interpretation of the role still getting respect I sometimes feel like everyone thinks the new series started with David Tennent
Old 06-12-2009, 01:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Nice to see CE' s interpretation of the role still getting respect I sometimes feel like everyone thinks the new series started with David Tennent
I feel the same way. Thanks for the quote antisocial.
Old 06-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
James Marsters mentions CE recently in thr SFX special

Q. Would you like to play The Doctor?

A. "Oh yeah! Are you kidding me? It's a great role! I think I would take it very seriously, though, I don't now if my Who would be very goofy Mine would be more serious, like Christopher Ecclestone's. That would be one of the best roles, yeah!
Awesome! James rocks Glad to know that Chris's work is still very much appreciated. Chris's Doctor is THE Doctor for me. He embodies everything the Doctor should be about imo.

Old 06-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Liz. I like your new Rose/Nine icon. You're the Icon Queen. Chris's smile is so lovely to see.
Old 06-13-2009, 01:32 PM
Addicted Fan

I just love Chris's wonderful smile.

Anyway I've watched Shallow Grave tonight and I thought it was really good. Very dark and disturbing yes, but believable.
The three flatmates all have their own dislikable traits but I found Alex (Ewan McGregor) and Juliet (Kerry Fox) the most dislikable. Though David's (Chris Eccleston) behaviour rapidly detoriates and you are shocked by the things he does, it is kind of understandable as he is driven to this by the cruelness of his friends.
Wonderful, chilling performance by Chris and a film I'd definitely watch again. Unlike Heart, where I just hated most things about it.

Old 06-13-2009, 07:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
I just love Anyway I've watched Shallow Grave tonight and I thought it was really good.
Did you see the new DVD edition with the bonus features? Give me all the Chris 'goodies'!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:53 PM
Addicted Fan

I have the Special Edition DVD yes, there's a interesting doco which lasts half an hour showing the producer and the difficulties faced making the film. There's a Chris bit near the end where they are shooting the death scene. Chris makes a joke 'I've got a sore throat' which made me laugh

Old 06-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Chris makes a joke 'I've got a sore throat' which made me laugh
Good one Chris! Doesn't sound like there's much Chris on the bonus features.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 AM
Addicted Fan

There's not really. But I still found it interesting all the same. I've yet to listen to the audio commentary done by Danny Boyle, the director

Old 06-19-2009, 08:14 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's really quiet on the Chris news fron Liz! I saw this Wall Street Journal review of The Dollhouse. Chris got a good mention.

A Remodeled 'Doll's House' - WSJ.com

Quote:
LONDON -- At the Donmar Warehouse Theatre Zinnie Harris updates Henrik Ibsen's "A Doll's House" from late 19th-century Norway to London in 1909. She transposes to the Edwardian political classes Ibsen's shocking story of a wife and mother who has exposed herself to blackmail by borrowing money to support her self-important husband when he's had a breakdown, then realizes that their marriage is based on falsehood and leaves her husband and children.

This has some pluses. The heroine Nora's husband, now called Thomas Vaughan (and played with just the right combination of languor and nerves by Toby Shephens) becomes a new cabinet minister, with much to lose when blackmailed by the Krogstad character, who is in this version his disgraced predecessor, a jagged Northerner, Neil Kelman (a polished rough-diamond performance by Christopher Eccleston).

But it has its minuses, too, in that it's hard to see why Nora's confidante (here called Christine Lyle, winsomely and winningly played by Tara Fitzgerald), should have had any difficulty finding the love of her life, Neil, as he's supposed to have been a prominent politician. And there's something a little odd about the loyal Dr. Rank's terminal disease. Anton Lesser is wryly touching as the man whose innocent, chaste love for Nora is, in any case, hopeless because he is dying. Even if, as most authorities say, Ibsen's original "tuberculosis of the spine" is a euphemism for tertiary syphilis, where are the symptoms of the cancer to which it's altered here? Director Kfir Yefet, whose pace is splendid, should probably have done something about this.

However, all that really matters is whether Ms. Harris has done any damage to the role of Nora, and the answer is emphatically not. "X-Files" veteran Gillian Anderson is a great Nora, vulnerable but not brittle, yielding but not spineless -- a loving wife, mother and friend who herself suffers most from the boundaries she feels she has to impose on her husband, children and friends. She is beautiful, her upper-class Edwardian accent almost perfect, her tears genuine (I could see the mascara run from my seat in the Circle), and her departure heart-rending.

It might have been better to leave well enough alone, but this superb cast make the minor flaws of this new version seem insignificant.
There's a new GI Joe TV Spot out, but there's only a brief glimpse of Chris. Have you got Perfect Parents yet?
Old 06-20-2009, 02:10 AM
Addicted Fan

Good review Guess it will be quiet with Chris doing theatre until the middle of July I read a wonderful story about someone and their son getting to meet Chris and he was so lovely with them

I have got Perfect Parents but have not got round to watching it yet.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread