Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-30-2005, 07:23 AM
Total Fan

Frodo Appreciation - He fought hard to keep his bling

Old thread

This has got to be the crappiest first post ever. I'll find some photos later. Pictures

Courtesy of www.bagendinn.com

And yes, I did just put Sam in because he's my favourite character

And I'm not sure about the title, I'm convinced there's something better you could do with bling...*le sigh* Sorry

Last edited by StrongPlacebo; 03-30-2005 at 01:20 PM
Old 03-30-2005, 06:14 PM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

hehe ... I think the title is cute.
Old 03-30-2005, 09:46 PM
Part-Time Fan

Plenty of good pics

Since frodo is what got me into elijah in the first place i'd say this is a pretty good place for me to start! i love frodo, i was brought up on lord of the rings and i have been a gandalf, frodo, pippin and gollum lover ever since i can remember. I never got into the whole elijah fandom on forums but i've been collecting pics forever and i have almost 5,000 now. Once i work out how to post them, i'll be able to find heaps for you, can anyone help me? haha
Old 03-31-2005, 03:39 AM
Total Fan

Thanks Chris

spontaneous violent love - 5, 000? FIVE THOUSAND?

Wow. That's a hell of a lot. Wow. I thought I hate a lot (I've got some figure over 1, 000)

But is that of Elijah, or Frodo? Mine's just Elijah...I decided I couldn't feasibly archive all the Frodo pictures on my computer without killing it dead.

Oh, and welcome to the Elijah board I'm Hannah. And I like your name I think Emma will like it too
Old 04-01-2005, 12:07 AM
Passionate Fan

spontaneous violent love (aka cas, hi cas! ) definately has over 5000, and they're a combo of Frodo/Lij

I've spent times at her house just going mental over them!
Old 04-01-2005, 02:27 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks for starting the new thread, Sand! The title is funneh!

Cas, how cool that Frodo got you into Elijah! For me, it was the other way around. I just had a vague idea of "LOTR" and when it was first announced that Elijah would be playing Frodo Baggins, the name weirded me out, but I knew that it would be such a large and important role.

Hey Nat, Chris and Hannah!

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 04-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

love the pics

wow 5000 elijah pic

There’s an innocence to Frodo and yet a kind of worldliness as well, but there’s so much that Frodo hasn’t experienced, being a hobbit in the Shire. He’s kind of closed off to the outside world and, you know, for me going to New Zealand for that length of time was like Frodo traveling throughout Middle-earth, essentially on his own, without his family, and I think there are parallels there for me, and I think at that age—you know, I was eighteen at the time. It was particularly poignant at the time of my life to kind of leave home and travel and basically give way to this experience, which was very much what Frodo had to do. So, no, I think that that’s a relative point. - Elijah Wood Brazilian Radio Interview, 2/02

emily

Old 04-01-2005, 10:14 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brekkon
Thanks for starting the new thread, Sand! The title is funneh!
*ahem* You're welcome

Emily - that really freaked me out, I didn't realise that was an Elijah quote, I thought it was you talking, it was only when I got about half-way through that I realised it was him

So, Cas and Nat, you know each other in RL? That's so cool, you have someone to squee with!

And you should definately show us some of those 5000 pics
Old 04-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongPlacebo
Thanks Chris

spontaneous violent love - 5, 000? FIVE THOUSAND?

Wow. That's a hell of a lot. Wow. I thought I hate a lot (I've got some figure over 1, 000)

But is that of Elijah, or Frodo? Mine's just Elijah...I decided I couldn't feasibly archive all the Frodo pictures on my computer without killing it dead.

Oh, and welcome to the Elijah board I'm Hannah. And I like your name I think Emma will like it too
how did you guess??? oh yeah let me see, its in my SIG!!! lol

hello Cas and Nat

and Emily do you know that quote off by heart?
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-01-2005, 06:01 PM
Passionate Fan

Yeah, Cas and I have been going to school with each other for 5 years. We were there to comfort each other all the way through the Elijah/Franka phase... haha!

And there has been lots of 'sqeeeee'ing going on every time we get new cutie pics!
Old 04-01-2005, 09:00 PM
Master Fan

I love that second picture. He's gripping his sword. I really would like a replica of Sting.
Old 04-02-2005, 03:24 AM
Total Fan

You could. They're hella expensive though

I'm only just learning that apparantly, a lot of my friends love Elijah too. And I didn't know! They don't tell me these things! Though, to be fair, I don't tell them either
Old 04-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hannah, anyone on here could one of your best friends in disguise!
Dom:"If he was a girl, I'd marry him today! I've been suggesting to Billy a sex change, but he really feels quite manly about things [Billy shouts, "I love women!"]. Yes, he's really passionate about women, as I am."
Billy:"Dom's an idiot."
Keeper Of Dom's Arms

Icon by zia319
Old 04-03-2005, 12:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

Emily, that's so sweet - the things that you've endured, that are similar to what Frodo went through.

Although this was a fantasy movie, of course the themes are very universal. What meant the most to me, what I relate to, is sticking close to family and friends.

A replica of Sting would be fg cool! Unfortunately in Australia, laws were brought in recently that banned replica swords...or something. I have a plastic Sting.

Hello...Anyone here know me???

"Drink this blood and we'll become immortal, baby..." ["Immortal" by The Rasmus]

Are YOU listening?

In an mmmbop I'm ...
Brek
Old 04-03-2005, 05:58 AM
Total Fan

In the back of Empire,they always have ads for replica Even Stars or Elven broaches and all sorts. iw ant them, but they're too expensive