Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

"Written in the Stars" Episode discussion (Oct. 5th)

5.03 Written in the Stars
airdate: 10/5/04

Tuesday, Oct 5 - (8:00 - 9:00 pm ET)
"“Written In The Stars”" (TV-PG, D, L) (HDTV)
LUKE AND LORELAI GO PUBLIC –— After Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Luke (Scott Patterson) spend a romantic night together at Luke’s place, Lorelai, walks into the dinner early the next morning dressed in one of Luke’s flannel shirts, only to discover that the place is full of customers. Lorelai is a little offended when it appears that no one cares about their relationship, until it becomes a topic of heated discussion at the town meeting. Rory has an angry exchange with a haughty, rich student named Logan (Matt Czuchry, “Eight-Legged Freaks") after he is rude to her friend Marthy (guest star Wayne Wilcox). Paris (Liza Weil) holds a wake for her older lover Asher, who died over the summer. Kelly Bishop, Edward Herrmann, Keiko Agena, Jared Padalecki, Liz Torres and Sean Gunn also star. Amy Sherman-Palladino wrote the episode directed by Kenny Ortega.

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for tonight's episode. My tape is ready and my phone is being unplugged, last weekend my friends thought it would be funny to call me every 30 seconds during GG...let's just say I wasn't amused.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-06-2004, 01:52 AM
Master Fan

My grandmother called during the L/L Date and Sex...and my tape ran out, I'm so sad.

But anyway from what I saw, I think this episode is probably the best of the three we saw so far and it's because of the L/L but overall aspects. I thought Emily/Richard were hilarious. And I actually enjoyed the Rory/Paris storyline tonight. But I don't like the new guy.

I loved Luke in this episode. His sarcasm with Lorelai and his secret planning. He must have known he would have Lorelai in bed because he asked Caesar to open. That little devil. Oh, and how good did she look in that fannel shirt? Lauren's trainer is awesome!

Anyway, Jackson running for office?

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-06-2004, 03:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Tonights episode was unbelievable. I can't explain how awesome it was. ASP did a wonderful job of keeping Luke and Lorelai's characters in tact, with such a large event! The MMS/Date was AWESOME. I loved the horoscope thing. Made me wanna cry. And the POST MMS, sooo cute. I could DEF. get used to seeing them together like that.

I can't even count the endless 'awwwws' I took part in. But, there sure were a lot of them. I can't wait till I get home from school tmo, I swear, I'm watching that episode 38035 more times. I can't wait for next week's episode.

Lauren did a wonderful job tonight. I thought that her facial expression was SO good when Luke told her he was all in. She looked, speechless! That's a change!
Old 10-06-2004, 04:57 PM
Master Fan

Did ya'll see the utterly CLASSIC LorelaiPout in this episode? It's right after Luke tells Lorelai the dog was 150,000 years old and she says "You're lying." And Lauren does the best pout. So need a cap of that.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

i saw it *nods*

the ep was pretty good. I liked the Luke and Lorelai stuff but i have to say that i miss luke an lorelai kissing.. i mean ..they had sex ..they cuddled and obviously they are deeply in love ..but there was only one kiss.. the whole ep.. just one kiss

i loved luke in this ep.. what he did.. what he said .. everything was perfect.. i so loved the talk abotu the horoskop thing

and shirtless luke???

lorelai wearing only his flannel shirt .... hilarious.. the look on her face when she saw all this people in the diner .. i was laughing so hard

i liked the rory / marty stuff and also the paris / Rory stuff

@Cher .. sorry about the telephone call and that your tap run out

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-06-2004, 05:39 PM
Master Fan

She practically sucked on his nipple. Sorry, I'm catching up on TWOP right now and I'm growing weary of people being all bummed about them not shoving their tongues down each other's throats. I mean, we got them in bed...in 3 scenes...post sex in a TV version of naked. They kissed on the mouth, he kissed the top of her head, she kissed his chest 3 times. I'm usually the pessimist, but this is one of the times where I'm counting my blessings. I never thought we'd see as much as we did honestly. I was and kind of still am in shock over that. We don't see some kisses in the next couple of episodes, then yes, we protest. I'll be in charge of making signs.

You know what line reading I loved? Lauren's delivery of "You know, I bet she took that well, because she seems just delightful." Speaking about her loveable annoying self of course.

Oh, and also Lorelai raising her hand twice for the Gypsy/Andrew debate. So easy, and yet it totally cracked my ***** up.

Putting the jaunt in her step for Luke? Awesome. I'm really liking ASP right now.

Last edited by A. B. Normal; 10-06-2004 at 06:24 PM
Old 10-06-2004, 06:23 PM
Moderator Support Team

ok ok i resign you are right . but i dont want them to tongue each other .. i just want some sweet kisses ... the scenes between them were cute ..definitely .. and i was pleased to see that they at least showed them in bed.. but i want more cuddling scenes .. stolen kisses when nobody watches .. you know what i mean.. not this sexual tongue thing .. just .. like a real couple with holding hands .. kissing .. i hope that we can see that soon

Quote:
You know what line reading I loved? Lauren's delivery of "You know, I bet she took that well, because she seems just delightful." Speaking about her loveable annoying self of course

and about lorelai raising her hand twice ..that was so typical i was lmao

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-07-2004, 03:04 AM
Master Fan

I loved Luke's line to her about eating dinner (paraphrasing here) "You do realise we are going to dinner?" while she was eating the snakes and coconut kisses

Lauren nailed the return look when Luke said to Lorelai he's all in - it was the shocked, the shy then accepting it all look

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-07-2004, 05:07 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by A. B. Normal
You know what line reading I loved? Lauren's delivery of "You know, I bet she took that well, because she seems just delightful." Speaking about her loveable annoying self of course.

Putting the jaunt in her step for Luke? Awesome. I'm really liking ASP right now.
Her delivery during the entire horoscope story made my stomach ache was pure unadulterated laughter. We're talking classic egocentric Lorelai, adorable as can be. "Was it me, was it me?" "It was me." The line you mentioned above. "You wrote the menu, didn't you?" Just ALL of it, I loved all of it.

FlirtyLorelai rocks. The jaunt, the "he SO likes me." I'm serious, I think I died, went to heaven, came back, died again and went to heaven yet again during this episode.

This was top-echelon comedic acting by Lorelai.

Also, the face she gave Luke after he said "I'm all in," aww... Lauren was acting perfectly to a perfect ASP script.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

I have yet to see this episode.....
Old 10-08-2004, 04:02 AM
Part-Time Fan

alysonhannigancorner.com has some HDTV pictures from this episode, but linking the pictures is not allowed so you'll have to go look for yourselves.

It's time to look at love from both sides now.-LUKE & LORELAI
Old 10-08-2004, 12:51 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the heads-up heading over there now

Twitter: nlm78
Old 10-08-2004, 01:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by onetruething123
alysonhannigancorner.com has some HDTV pictures from this episode, but linking the pictures is not allowed so you'll have to go look for yourselves.
Awww. I wish there were more. Those were really nice pictures but I wanted some of L/L snuggling in the bed in the morning. I guess I'll just have to be patient.

By the way, I LOVED that purple shirt Rory was wearing. I just want to steal it and wear it and she can NEVER HAVE IT BACK