"Talking As Fast As I Can" book thread #1

Talking As Fast As I Can
by Lauren Graham

Random House Books page
Release day: November 29th, 2016
Order here
What is the book about?
Quote:
In her first work of nonfiction, the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood recounts her experiences on Gilmore Girls—the first and second time—and shares stories about life, love, and working in Hollywood. This collection of essays is written in the intimate, hilarious, and down-to earth voice that made her novel, Someday Someday Maybe, a New York Times bestseller.
Quote:
“This book contains some stories from my life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years, and what it was like to be asked to play one of my favorite characters again. You probably think I’m talking about my incredible achievement as Dolly in Hello, Dolly! as a Langley High School junior, a performance my dad called “you’re so much taller than the other kids.” But no! I’m talking about Lorelai Gilmore, who, back in 2008, I wasn’t sure I’d ever see again. Also included: tales of living on a houseboat, meeting guys at awards shows, and that time I was asked to be a butt model. A hint: all three made me seasick.”—Lauren Graham
Appearances

Lauren Graham in Conversation with Michael Ausiello - Thursday, Dec 1, 2016, 7:30 pm, NYC
Join us as the beloved star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, Lauren Graham, discusses her first work of nonfiction, Talking As Fast As I Can.
In addition to recounting her experiences on Gilmore Girls, the first and second time, she’ll share stories about her life: the awkward growing up years, the confusing dating years, the fulfilling working years and what led to playing Lorelai Gilmore again in the new Netflix revival. Talking As Fast As I Can is written in the hilarious and down-to earth voice that made Graham’s first novel, Someday Someday Maybe, a New York Times bestseller.
Each individual ticket comes with a pre-signed copy of Talking As Fast As I Can.
Sold out.

Union Square Barnes & Noble Lauren Graham Author Event - Friday, Dec 2, 2016, 7:00pm, NYC

sixth&i - Wednesday, Dec 7, 7:30pm, Washington, D.C.
The Nation’s Capital will exude the charm of Stars Hollow when Graham, the star of Gilmore Girls and Parenthood, stops by to share her first work of nonfiction, Talking As Fast As I Can.
This program does not include a book signing. All books will be pre-signed by the author.
Sold out.

Last edited by CohenGal; 11-04-2016 at 01:03 PM
Old 08-05-2016, 04:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Thanks for the thread! Love the cover so much. She also confirmed that she's doing a book tour too which is exciting!
"There's an expression in the casting business: 'God does not give with both hands.' Meaning, he doesn't give looks plus talent plus comedy. But in her case, he definitely did. It's tough to find someone that pretty who's that funny and has got all the goods." -Mark Hirschfeld
Old 08-05-2016, 04:08 PM
Master Fan

Pre-ordered last week.

This comes out when I'm on vacation, so I'll be able to get the e-book when I'm there to read on the plane ride home.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:45 AM
Extreme Fan

I can`t wait to hold this pretty book in my hands..
Old 08-06-2016, 12:47 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

I so love the cover

I pre-ordered it in May

It sounds interesting. I can't wait to get to read about her life.

Book tour! I believe the chances for a Europe one are minimal, so I hope you all get to go

Last edited by Copop; 08-07-2016 at 05:54 AM
Old 08-06-2016, 08:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Love the cover. Very Lauren. Reminds me of her earlier photoshoots.
Old 08-06-2016, 09:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Nathan Fillion

I want this book NOW! I adore the cover and am so excited for the end of November!!!

Old 08-07-2016, 12:20 PM
Loyal Fan

Yes!!!!!!!! Tanks for the thread!! Love the cover! It Looks soooo LG
Old 08-07-2016, 12:50 PM
Master Fan

I hope they release information for the book tour soon!
Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
I hope they release information for the book tour soon!
Me too. And I'm hoping for a Seattle (or even Portland or Vancouver) date. She said for sure LA and NY which make sense, just hope the rest of the US gets some love too. And even outside the US.
Old 08-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Loyal Fan

Yes I'm pretty excited about her Booktour too. I can't joy but it's always fun to read the Fan Tweets
Old 08-08-2016, 03:01 PM
Elite Fan

I am SO excited for this. It looks amazing.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 08-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Obsessed Fan

I, too, am very excited for this book though I still am wondering if the companion book to Someday, Someday Maybe will ever be published.

Love the cover. It is really awesome.

Already pre ordered my copy. Is there going to be an audio book and if so will Lauren do it?
Old 08-09-2016, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahJ5941 (View Post)
Already pre ordered my copy. Is there going to be an audio book and if so will Lauren do it?
There's one listed on Amazon for pre-order. And it notes Lauren as "Author, Reader" so I assume so.
Old 08-11-2016, 09:15 AM
Obsessed Fan

That is great, thanks. I will have to have my daughter pre-order it, too. I keep thinking that I should just have her pick them up when they are released (she works at B&N) so I can get them sooner but they are cheaper when pre-ordered. Love getting her discount, too Though with Someday Someday Maybe it cost me more because I didn't want to wait because there was a problem with the shipment so I bought it from the store then kept the one I had ordered when it finally did arrive. The audio arrived before the book. Then I ended up buying the paper back and then called one of the stores in NY where she signed some books and bought one of them. Yep, 2 hard covers, 2 paper backs and 1 audio.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 08-11-2016 at 09:21 AM