TON video interview.

Lycos Movies

interview with Movie Web

http://lightsout.movieweb.com/news/news.php?id=6988

some reviews

Quote:
'The Pacifier' is Diesel domesticated
By Mike Clark, USA TODAY
First, there was Dirty Dancing. Now there's Vin Diesel's latest, Dirty Diapers— or, if you prefer, Full Metal Nanny.

Whatever you want to call it, Disney's The Pacifier is low on Diesel fuel, though probably amusing enough if you're part of the intended demographic, which appears to be the age group that likes to stick fingers up noses. Harmless as it is, this is no pacifier for anyone much older.

If you didn't know this was a kids' movie, the perfunctory opening action sequence might throw you off. Diesel is introduced as a tough Navy S.E.A.L. we see blowing a helicopter out of the sky. Diesel takes a bullet, and the government scientist he's trying to rescue is killed.

A clashing segue takes us to suburban Washington, D.C., where our quickly recovered hero is ordered to care for the victim's five kids while their mother (Faith Ford) goes overseas for reasons having to do with a top-secret "program" Dad invented. Included are a baby (hence the onslaught of diaper jokes) and adolescents of both sexes. The daughter (Brittany Snow — great name) probably could be a different kind of trouble in a different kind of movie, but here, she is standard-issue pouty, the kind who says "That is so gross" and who is desperate to get to the mall for the sale on halter tops.

The children are rebels, but Diesel knocks them into shape — that is, when he's not wrecking the home's top floor battling martial-arts villains who have invaded and subduing the school's bully of a vice principal. This comes easier to him than the domestic stuff, which leads to one line of Diesel dialogue that kind of sums up the movie: "I don't do cookies."

Gilmore Girls' inherently likable Lauren Graham, who managed to be sweet in even Bad Santa, plays a high school principal who is too good to be true. Give credit as well to the middle child (Morgan York), who could be a newspaper columnist in the making. With dicey but penetrating concern, she looks Diesel in the eye and asks, "Why are your boobs so big?"
Quote:
Who'd have ever thought? Action star Vin Diesel makes a pretty funny Mr. Mom

01:00 AM EST on Friday, March 4, 2005

BY MICHAEL JANUSONIS
Journal Arts Writer

Vin Diesel, the action star of The Fast and the Furious and XXX, might be the last actor you'd expect to find playing a Mr. Mom-type character in a PG-rated Disney film.

But there Diesel is in The Pacifier, whose title sounds like he should be carrying an Uzi but is instead armed to the teeth with baby bottles and disposable diapers. Well, actually Diesel's Lt. Shane Wolfe does carry some heavy artillery, but the thrust of The Pacifier is about him giving the kids in his care respect and responsibility and them giving him a loving heart.

The Pacifier was directed by Adam Shankman, whose previous film was the Steve Martin-Queen Latifah high-voltage comedy Bringing Down the House, and who again has a more or less by-the-numbers script. But Shankman makes it a funny ride, with a little action thrown in and some surprisingly touching moments to boot. Who'd have thought?

Actually, The Pacifier opens with some rollicking action that includes underwater maneuvers, an exploding boat and roaring jet skis. It looks like something out of James Bond. After that, however, are Diesel's action-movie fans ever in for a shock.

Wolfe is assigned as a high-tech bodyguard to five children, who range in age from infancy to teenagehood. Their late father had developed a top-secret missile surveillance gizmo and the North Koreans want it. They believe it has been hidden somewhere in the house, which is why Wolfe moves in when the kids' mother is sent to Switzerland to find a key to the gizmo that's locked in a bank vault.

Things back home progress pretty fast when the live-in nanny, played at high tilt and with an East European accent by a very funny Carol Kane, quits and Wolfe must play nursemaid to the unruly kids and their control-freak duck who thinks he's an attack dog. Kane's Helga just couldn't take falling down the stairs one more time, events which are seen in several slapstick moments that are laugh-out-loud funny.

Soon the house has been rigged with an array of sophisticated protection devices and Wolfe has tried to turn the kids' suburban Maryland home into a boot camp. They're awakened loudly at 6 a.m. If they don't get up, Wolfe will toss over their mattresses.

He attaches tracking-device bracelets to all of them and when one gets flushed, he heads for the sewer in hot pursuit. Like most movies involving babies, there's a lot of fodder to be found in smelly diapers and baby messes.

But every now and again we're reminded that the threat to the kids is real when hooded Ninjas break in and terrorize them. This results in some Home Alone moments for the kids.

On the other hand, the rigid Wolfe begins melting under the influence of a real family. Soon he's singing and dancing the Panda Dance for the baby, consoling the eldest daughter (Brittany Snow of TV's American Dreams) on the difficult stage of life between teenager and adult, and encouraging the oldest boy (Max Thieriot) in his dream of starring in a school production of The Sound of Music. Even the 7-year-old daughter (Morgan York), who has a crush on Wolfe, and her little scout troop friends get a crash course in self defense.

Along the way there are several run-ins with the school's insensitive tough-guy wrestling coach and vice principal (Brad Garrett) and a happier meeting with the understanding principal (Lauren Graham) who realizes what Wolfe is up against.

Ninjas. Rodgers and Hammerstein tunes. Changing diapers. Diesel clearly is trying a new path.

***1/2
thanks to Alexis and Nadine for the links and reviews

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 03-05-2005 at 05:31 AM
Old 03-05-2005, 05:33 AM
Master Fan

Whoops we did go a bit psychotic in the other thread

http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2...U16ZZ6BY1TC9WU

That's the link for the audio interview which you've included above - but it's the 9mb mp3 in case you don't want to listen to it online and want to download it

Twitter: nlm78
Old 03-05-2005, 05:56 AM
Moderator Support Team

ok thanks for the link honey so we have an audio version now and a video version? sorry I´m not really awake yet so the link you posted is a mp3 audio file right?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 03-05-2005, 06:00 AM
Passionate Fan

Thanks for all the new media and info Nadine and Alexis!
Old 03-05-2005, 07:50 AM
Loyal Fan

Thanks for the video and audio. I uploaded them to my servers:

Video interview (3:50, 2.33MB)
Audio interview (16:24, 9.27MB)
Old 03-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks y'all!!!
It nice to have the clips!!
but is it just me, or is lauren not so funny in this interview? She looks so uncomfortable..

bye

Lorelai: Well, all I can say is that you're lucky I’m back in your life 'cause clearly you were a loss without me. I mean it's a miracle you're still alive. Right?
Luke: You bet!

L/S Supporter's List #20
Purple Ribbon Supporter #31
Old 03-05-2005, 12:21 PM
Extreme Fan

thank you sooo much for the video canopus!
Old 03-05-2005, 01:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks y'all for video and the audio interview which is one of the best thing we've gotten out of all this Pacifier press. Even when Lauren's been interviewing for days, her voice diminishing, and probed with similar questions at every junket, she still manages to be frank and funny and entertaining.

Old 03-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks so much for the interviews Canopus! You're the best!
L/L ILY#99 L/LWYMM#69LL"I Do"#65
Keeper of: the kiss in 5.10 LL dancing in 5.13

My fanfiction
Old 03-05-2005, 01:31 PM
New Fan

Time?

Trying to decide if it's worth it to plop down some money on this film cause I'm not sure I would like it/consider seeing it if not for Lauren...I'm thinking of taking a couple of my neices (whom I'm sure would love it), but first I want to know how often Lauren pops up in the film (and for how long--10 mins, 30 mins, 3 mins, etc). Is it just a little role like in Sweet November or is she a significant character throughout? Thanks!

(And while I'm delurking...I really appreciate all the time that everybody on this thread/board to bring news/commentary to my computer screen...thanks so much!)
Old 03-05-2005, 02:40 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzy27
Is it just a little role like in Sweet November or is she a significant character throughout? Thanks!
It's bigger than her role in Sweet November definitely. She's in at least 6 or 7 scenes. Kids will love it, I'd say go for it!
Old 03-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayzy27
Trying to decide if it's worth it to plop down some money on this film cause I'm not sure I would like it/consider seeing it if not for Lauren...I'm thinking of taking a couple of my neices (whom I'm sure would love it), but first I want to know how often Lauren pops up in the film (and for how long--10 mins, 30 mins, 3 mins, etc). Is it just a little role like in Sweet November or is she a significant character throughout? Thanks!

(And while I'm delurking...I really appreciate all the time that everybody on this thread/board to bring news/commentary to my computer screen...thanks so much!)
it's definitely worth going to see it... lauren's role is much bigger than they make it seem on the previews. her character is pretty significant in the outcome of the movie! i went with people ages 24, 10, and 7... and we all enjoyed it. such a cute movie
Old 03-05-2005, 04:18 PM
Dedicated Fan

I just got back from the Movies. OMG Lauren was amazing in it. She totaly Kickes some major butt and the Kiss so sweet. I am defintely going to buy this DVD when it comes out. It was a cute movie. Defantly a fav.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

I went to see it this afternoon with my nieces, and I enjoyed it. It's not some huge Oscar-winning flick, but it's a cute little family movie - and I'm kind of a sucker for those. My nieces loved it, and the theater crowd seemed to enjoy it a lot, too. And some of the scenes were touching - I think I got teary-eyed like 4 times. What? Can't help it, I'm super-emotional.

Lauren was awesome - she was in it more than I was expecting, which was very cool. Such a nice, likeable character, and she looked great. I loved her stunt scene at the end. Such a multi-talented women.

When we got home, my nieces were explaining the movie plot to their mom and they kept saying stuff like, "And then Lorelai showed up and got the guy..." and "...then at the end Shane the babysitter kissed Lorelai." Hee. They're cute.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Canopus thanks for uploading them to your server!

Okay in a bit of a shock at the box office, and it'll be interesting to see if it can maintain it for the next two days - but against Box Office Analysts Predictions, The Pacifier actually beat out Be Cool on Friday and made around $8.8 million *eek!*

Twitter: nlm78