Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-15-2016, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
Val, Happy Birthday, I hope it's going well! Being full of cake and food sounds like a good sign!
Thank you so much!! It's been a fun day and weekend. The big Alpini (elite mountain warfare military corps, some info here if you're curious) reunion was in my hometown this year, so about 500,000 people came to small little Asti to party for 4 days. It was crazy but a lot of fun. And I've been very spoiled with presents too.

It's spring here too! It feels wonderful. I very much do not miss Michigan climate when I think of the temperatures.

Quote:
Val, I think you have seen more of it than I have lol, any good tips?
Ha! I liked the Northern parts, Gaylord and the Tahquamenon Falls in the UP. I know Sleeping Bear Dunes are also amazing but I haven't been that.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 05-26-2016, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

Hi all! What's everyone been up to?

I'm taking my kids (all 70-something of them) to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well!
Old 05-26-2016, 11:57 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CohenGal (View Post)
I'm taking my kids (all 70-something of them) to the Bronx Zoo tomorrow. Fingers crossed it goes well!
You are not going to be alone right??

I´m looking forward to Sudnay, we are going for a day trip with our friends. We finally found a date that suit to all of us. I hope the weather will be good.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:47 AM
Elite Fan

That sounds nice, Katka. Where are you guys going?
Claire, that sounds... terrifying. Good luck!
Old 05-27-2016, 12:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
That sounds nice, Katka. Where are you guys going?
We are going to one lake, not swim in it but walk around it

Old 05-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Master Fan

I'm back!

I'm exhausted but still in one piece. I'm still catching up. I'll post more later.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:44 AM
Master Fan

Welcome back, Christine! I hope you had a good time!

The kids and I survived the trip to the zoo. I was absolutely exhausted and then had to go usher so by the end of the day I was ready to collapse, but it wasn't a bad day.

Katka, enjoy your trip to the lake!
Old 05-28-2016, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Welcome back, Christine!! Hope you had fun!
Claire, that must have been an exhausting day, but I'm glad it all went ok and no kid walked into a lion's cave or something.
Katka, share some pics when you're done! I hope the weather is good.
I'm finishing my thesis. There's so much to do lately...
Old 05-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

Val, thanks for the tips. I agree, northern Michigan is the best. I don't think that I have ever been to Gaylord but I have been to Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes (pre kids) and Tahquamenon falls (just the lower falls) about 18 yrs later. Was thinking about going to Whitefish Point in the UP and stay at a B&B that I have read about. Was thinking, too, about going to Frankenmuth again but it has become so commercial. It used to be a small town with small town like stores. Zenders and the Bavarian Inn restaurants were there and every year we would switch which one we would go to. I guess I will have to look at a map and figure it out.
Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you had a great day.
Ulgh, it has been in the mid 80s and humid most of the week and I have been dying. I really don't want to close up the house again, we just got it opened up not to long ago but may have to put on the AC. The weather reports were saying that we would have rain from last Wed thru to Tues but we haven't seen more then a couple of quick showers. So am not looking forward to what Summer will actually be.

Claire, so glad that the day at the zoo was fun and with no problems. Hope you had some other adults to help you our. Heck, I don't think I would have taken my 23 brownies anywhere without atleast one adult to every 3 or 4 kids. Fortunately the moms loved all of the trips I had planned so just about every kid had a parent with them. Then they were 6 - 8 year olds.

Katka, enjoy your day at the lake. Hope you have great weather.

Christine, welcome back. Hope you had a lot of fun.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:42 PM
Elite Fan

Sarah, I've heard it's been hot in Michigan! I was in Frankenmuth only once and it was pouring like crazy, so I wasn't impressed. Even thoigh we had fun at Bronner's.

The big Italian bike race, Giro d'Italia, ended in Torino this year, so we went to see part of the race. I had seen it before, but it was fun. I love living in a big city.
Old 05-30-2016, 09:16 PM
Master Fan

I had so much fun.

I followed my favorite band around the Southwest and California. I saw 7 shows in 10 days, then flew home and saw 1 more, and I have one more tomorrow.

I flew to Phoenix, stayed 2 days, then drove with a friend to El Paso, drove back to Phoneix the next day, spent the night in Phoenix, drove to Las Vegas the next day, then drove to San Diego the next day, then drove to Hollywood the day after that. Finally I had a break and stayed in Hollywood for 4 nights. After that I drove to Mountain View, CA, which is just south of San Francisco. Spent 2 nights there, and then flew home to Seattle. It was so exhausting, but so worth it.

And luckily my friend drove for the first few legs, and I only had to drive from San Diego to Northern CA.

I got to spend some great time with friends from all over the world, and see some awesome concerts. Hung out with a few current and former members of the band. Had a few late drunken nights. Saw some random celebrities. It was all so much fun and I'm glad I went on this vacation.
Old 05-31-2016, 04:05 AM
Master Fan

That's such an awesome adventure, Christine! It's really cool that you got to see your favorite band while exploring the west and hanging out with a great group of friends.

Val, the Giro d'Italia must have been fun to see!

Sarah, chaperoning a group of 6-8 year olds sounds difficult; I don't know if I could handle the little ones! We have to have a 10:1 ratio on trips, which helps.
It's really hot here too. I've been waiting for summer to arrive, but I wasn't ready for this heat.
Old 05-31-2016, 01:55 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chants (View Post)
I had so much fun.

I followed my favorite band around the Southwest and California. I saw 7 shows in 10 days, then flew home and saw 1 more, and I have one more tomorrow.

I flew to Phoenix, stayed 2 days, then drove with a friend to El Paso, drove back to Phoneix the next day, spent the night in Phoenix, drove to Las Vegas the next day, then drove to San Diego the next day, then drove to Hollywood the day after that. Finally I had a break and stayed in Hollywood for 4 nights. After that I drove to Mountain View, CA, which is just south of San Francisco. Spent 2 nights there, and then flew home to Seattle. It was so exhausting, but so worth it.

And luckily my friend drove for the first few legs, and I only had to drive from San Diego to Northern CA.

I got to spend some great time with friends from all over the world, and see some awesome concerts. Hung out with a few current and former members of the band. Had a few late drunken nights. Saw some random celebrities. It was all so much fun and I'm glad I went on this vacation.
Christine, that sounds amazing!! What a great trip!
It's rainy and yucky here. I know it's 18 days to the wedding, but I'm getting worried about the weather. Nothing I can do about it...
Old 05-31-2016, 08:55 PM
Obsessed Fan

Val, that sucks that it rained the day you went to Frankenmuth. I love going to Bronners but sadly I k toeep getting lost and end up going in circles thus missing a lot of it. I almost wish it was smaller like it used to be lol. It is a LITTLE cooler but a lot less humid so it was really nice today. WOW only 18 days now, how exciting. I hope you have beautiful weather. When I got married it had rained in the morning but then it got sunny and beautiful.

Christine, that sounds like an awesome vacation in so many ways.

Claire,. It was a lot of fun taking them all over the place. One of the moms worked at the airport (this was early 90s) and was some how able to get us into the VIP room and onto a plain the day we had a tour of the airport. It was awesome watching them that day.

Mark and I went on a spending spree and bought a new fridge, a stove and a built in dishwasher (we are finally remodeling our kitchen). Then after going out for lunch we went to get new phones and got two pads for free. It was a pretty good day and a lot of fun.

Last edited by SarahJ5941; 05-31-2016 at 09:15 PM
Old 06-02-2016, 12:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Mark and I went on a spending spree and bought a new fridge, a stove and a built in dishwasher (we are finally remodeling our kitchen). Then after going out for lunch we went to get new phones and got two pads for free. It was a pretty good day and a lot of fun.
That sounds like fun!! Enjoy your new toys! I often dream of when we'll change apartments and have the place for a dishwasher. Hashtag desperatehousewife