Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

OT Thread #212 - Can it be summer now??

Old Thread

icon: Permanent_99
Old 01-21-2013, 11:34 AM
Master Fan

I neeeddddd summer! Especially on this 'Blue Monday' as they call today. The most depressing day of the year. I can feel why it's this day lol.

Plus I'm cold and I hate the cold!

Val, I might do a roadtrip through Italy this summer

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 01-21-2013, 11:44 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Denise- (View Post)
Val, I might do a roadtrip through Italy this summer
Seriously?? Then you need to stop in Turin!!!
Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeposh (View Post)
Seriously?? Then you need to stop in Turin!!!
If we go, we'll definitely! We've been talking about our summer holidays and wanna do something different (not the US) this time. And we both love Italy so that's what we've been talking about! Or we might just book a ticket to Vegas Nothing's decided yet, but we're at least talking about Italy!

Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

I don't want summer yet, I love this winter weather, sure it could be warmer than it is now but you just put more layers on.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
I don't want summer yet, I love this winter weather, sure it could be warmer than it is now but you just put more layers on.
Why more layers? It makes you look so not fashionable lol. I love spring clothes. I already bought some new ones, so now I just need the spring weather!

Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why more layers? It makes you look so not fashionable lol. I love spring clothes. I already bought some new ones, so now I just need the spring weather!
Dude lol, it's -10°C outside, I don't go for over top fashion when it's that cold.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Master Fan

You guys are funny.
I want summer, not because of the weather or clothes but only because it means I don't have to work. And Denise, a road trip through Italy sounds awesome!
Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrygraham (View Post)
Dude lol, it's -10°C outside, I don't go for over top fashion when it's that cold.
I care about fashion, summer or winter lol.

Val, what do you know about fibromyalgia? I think I have it. The doctor is making me have a bloodtest, but she's testing for vitamine D and thyroid. But if I read the description of fibromyalgia on wikipedia it sort of fits. Always having muscle pains in some spots, gets worse during inactivity, gets worse in the winter (not really having it in summer, so another reason to love summer!) and I'm really really tired. I know I shouldn't google my symptoms, but the doctor isn't really getting me anywhere.. The thing I really don't like is that it says there's no medicine for it, that it's a chronic disease.. Let's hope it's something else, but I think the bloodtest will show up with nothing.. I do not have any symptoms that point to a thyroid disease or anything.. Just curious to hear what you think about it. Always nice having a doctor around

Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I love fall fashion. I hate the summer because I always hate how much I have to SHOW. I'd rather be nicely covered up in a sweater, jeans, boots and a scarf. Maybe this summer will be the summer I finally lose these damn extra 10 pounds.
Sarah
Old 01-21-2013, 01:36 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I want summer, not because of the weather or clothes but only because it means I don't have to work.
pfff, teachers lol be lucky you're in the US, our kids (and teachers) only have 6 weeks summer vacation
Old 01-21-2013, 01:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Val, what do you know about fibromyalgia? I think I have it. The doctor is making me have a bloodtest, but she's testing for vitamine D and thyroid. But if I read the description of fibromyalgia on wikipedia it sort of fits. Always having muscle pains in some spots, gets worse during inactivity, gets worse in the winter (not really having it in summer, so another reason to love summer!) and I'm really really tired. I know I shouldn't google my symptoms, but the doctor isn't really getting me anywhere.. The thing I really don't like is that it says there's no medicine for it, that it's a chronic disease.. Let's hope it's something else, but I think the bloodtest will show up with nothing.. I do not have any symptoms that point to a thyroid disease or anything.. Just curious to hear what you think about it. Always nice having a doctor around
Fibromyalgia is still kind of an undefined disease, there are no definite blood tests to rule that out. Thyroid testing is definitely a good idea, and vitamin D too. If those are negative, you should do a full autoimmune panel, to rule out autoimmune diseases. Let me know how it goes...

I generally like all seasons, and I'm happy I live somewhere that actually has seasons. But after a while I get tired of the freezing cold and I start dreaming of spring and summer.
Old 01-22-2013, 10:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

I generally like spring and fall the best. Summers are too hot any more for me and winters are too gray and cold and I am not much of a fan of snow anymore. They said on the news last night that it was going down to -6 F (still don't have C down yet) with a wind chill of -12 F and the high today was only going to be 12 F. Haven't stuck my nose outside yet to check, I don't even want to open the door to get the mail.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:20 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Fibromyalgia is still kind of an undefined disease, there are no definite blood tests to rule that out. Thyroid testing is definitely a good idea, and vitamin D too. If those are negative, you should do a full autoimmune panel, to rule out autoimmune diseases. Let me know how it goes...
Hmmm... Let's see what the bloodresults are first.. Will have them somewhere next week I guess..

The people from Russia were over at work today. We had to give presentations to them, but they were so rude. They were just talking in russian to each other, while we were talking to them and just kept on laughing, while there was nothing to laugh. And it annoyed me that I didn't know what they were talking about or laughing about, because they were interrupting us in russian.

Tomorrow I'll have visitors from the UK, luckily I'll be able to understand them if they talk to each other

Old 01-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Hmmm... Let's see what the bloodresults are first.. Will have them somewhere next week I guess..
Keep me updated, if you want.