Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathiLGfan (View Post)
I'm in New York for Thanksgiving! It's going to be my frst Thanksgiving. And I'm already thankful that I can celebrate it
Fun! Are you going to check out the parade? Enjoy your first American Thanksgiving.
Old 11-20-2017, 12:39 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_strawberry_girl (View Post)
Fun! Are you going to check out the parade? Enjoy your first American Thanksgiving.
I'll definitely go to the Parade! How could I miss that?
Old 11-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Claire - I watched Alias Grace this weekend and quite enjoyed it. I still don't know what the truth was though, haha!
I'm glad you liked Alias Grace; I think part of the fun is not knowing!

Have a great Thanksgiving with your family, Christine! I agree, having a short week is lovely. (I wish it were even shorter, though.)

Kathi, wow, welcome to New York! Enjoy the parade and your first Thanksgiving!

My parents are in town for Thanksgiving so I had dinner with them and my uncle tonight, and it'll be family stuff all week (tomorrow night we're seeing The Band's Visit, which is a Broadway show that I love). My uncle always hosts Thanksgiving, and I think we have 34 people coming this year (crammed into his Manhattan apartment). It's my favorite holiday.
Old 11-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Master Fan

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating!
Old 11-23-2017, 11:07 PM
Master Fan

Happy Thanksgiving! I had a good day with family. Too much food, and now I'm sleepy. Hope everyone celebrating had a good holiday.
Old 11-24-2017, 05:09 AM
Loyal Fan

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving yesterday. I had the most amazing Day in my Life. The Parade was fantastic. I couldn't see everything because I am short and the Town was really full but it was such a amazing Day. My Friend Steve and His Daughter watched GG with me all night
Old 11-26-2017, 09:02 AM
Master Fan

I'm glad everyone had fun!

Thanksgiving celebrations lasted practically all week in my family, but today everything has calmed down, people have headed home, and I have to get ready for work tomorrow. I'm not enjoying this reality check! One thing I'm happy about is that I've finished all my Christmas shopping (I don't know how I was so on top of things this year), so that's one less thing to worry about. I hope Christmas gets here soon.
Old 11-27-2017, 06:22 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm glad everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving. We went to Mark's oldest brother's house as usual and had a nice day including a great meal. Our nephew and his wife were up from Nashville so we got to see our newest great niece. She is so small and beautiful.
Old 11-28-2017, 12:15 AM
Master Fan

That sounds fun Sarah.

I've got a concert on Wednesday (Claire, I'm FINALLY seeing The National. Third time I've had tickets to them, but first time I'm actually getting to go ).
Old 11-28-2017, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I've got a concert on Wednesday (Claire, I'm FINALLY seeing The National. Third time I've had tickets to them, but first time I'm actually getting to go ).
Yay! Fingers crossed everything goes well this time!
Old 11-28-2017, 10:17 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, I'm sure it will this time!
Old 12-05-2017, 10:49 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey Friends,

I'm back Home since a few Days. My Trip was wonderful! I had the most amazing Time in my Life...

My first week in LA was really cool because I've seen the most beautiful sky ever! I took alot of pictures. And my Friend said "it looks always like that, it's nothing special" and I was like "are you kidding?" Because I've never seen such a wonderful colour... it was purple and Pink mixed with wine red...

My other Goal was New York.... Thanksgiving! I already told you about the Parade. And sorry if I can't tell you everything but it still feels like a dream. Oh but I'll tell you something... We went to sooo many places and of course SoHo was a station too. I've tried to get a Coffee but the line was longer than Lorelai's to do list for the Dragon fly... so I decided to leave. And I turned around and boom... no not Lauren but I yes I ran into a Woman who was wearing a shirt with the print "let me be your Lorelai Gilmore" it was kind of magical and weird.. sadly I didn't see Lauren. But it still was a amazing trip.

And then we had a Tour.. what was pretty cool because I always imagined that I would buy any stuff of New York.. but no I didn't. I was too excited... true story hahaha I know that I could never say that I regret it to fly away and plan the Trip in a Week. But next time I will try to plan a "run into Lauren Graham" I know those things can't be planned but I will try to make a Lauren Graham trip next time. It was a good trip, really good. And sooo fun! Plus uptv has a bonus for the Gilmore Girls marathon! For making my trip very special
Old 12-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Master Fan

Glad you had a great time Kathi.

I've been to LA lots of times, and generally it's pretty, but too hot for me. I do love to go to Disneyland though, so I'll have to put up with California for that.

I've only been to NYC twice. The first time, it snowed (but I got to see Lauren in Guys & Dolls, so it was worth it). The second time, it was hot. I need to travel in the spring or fall. But I'd rather cold weather than hot.

That's why I tend to go to London a lot.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:21 AM
Obsessed Fan

Kathi, I'm really happy that you had such a great time, sounds like fun. Sorry you weren't able to see Lauren Graham, though. I caught several episodes of the UP GG marathon but wished I could have seen more. They did start all over again the next day with 5 episodes a night.

I've never been to NY but have been to LA several times to see my sister but that was a looong time ago. The fires there right now are keeping me worried. My sister is in Santa Monica and she keeps saying she is safe but I still worry.

We just got a total of 9 inches of snow and temps in the low 20s F with single digits wind chill and supposed to get more today. As of right now Christmas will be kinda quiet here this year which is fine with me. Will make our usual ham dinner with all the side dishes for just us, our kids and grandson. Haven't heard yet if the usual Christmas breakfast the Sunday before or after Christmas is going to happen. Like to get with Mark's family for it but we did just see them for Thanksgiving. I still have to buy a few things for my grandson, other than that I'm done with my gift shopping.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:12 PM
Master Fan

Sounds like a nice Christmas Sarah.

I'm traveling for Christmas this year.

On another note, I saw Star Wars last night. I quite liked it. I won't spoil anything. But if anyone's seen it, you'll know what I mean when I say I want an ice dog.

Last week I saw Lady Bird. That was great.