Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-06-2004, 09:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Photobucket is finally up again. You can see some small screen caps of the interview here

Something else, interesting I noticed about that interview had to do with Lauren's body language. For one, she was sitting really close to Scott. But, even more convincingly, she had her legs crossed towards him. And as Cher said in Clueless, if anyone remembers, "Legs crossed towards each other. It's an unequivocal sex-invite."

Also
Quote:
Originally posted by motylik20
I had the feeling when BB asked bout Luke and Lorelai that Lauren started talking fast so that Scott couldn't say anything. I have no idea what he could say that could bother her, but anyway. And then she realised that apart from the fact that she didn't want him to respond she had no idea what to say. Looked adorable as hell. *lol*
I thought that was kind of odd too. I didn't really process it when I first saw it, but I did have this nonspecific reaction to it. Like it seemed a little strange how fast she latched onto the topic even though it seemed more like Brooke was addressing Scott.

She was definately giving off some signals that she was into him. I wonder if she realizes how obvious she's being.

Last edited by Ender's_Jane; 10-06-2004 at 09:47 PM
Old 10-06-2004, 11:44 PM
Supreme Fan

Lol, in that cap, it's like, SP should be saying, "It's this big". His legs are open, too.

Word on the crossed legs towards him thing! Her body language speaks volumes.

Ender's Jane, what you said upthread made a lot of sense, but I'm not going to believe that they're together until I hear it confirmed from one of them. Although, I thought that the L/L kiss in bed was a little awkward/reserved, too. Also, it seemed like LG sort of jumped away from it really quickly. Afraid it'd get too hot, Lauren?

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-07-2004, 12:05 AM
Banned

I could imagine it being hard for her if she had this weird feelings for him and he had a girlfriend. Well, I don't know if he still has that girlfriend, or even if it WAS his girlfriend on those pictures I saw somewhere... But if he's still with her, then Lauren really would want to keep it not that hot... you know like, that she wouldn't be hurt if he doesn't feel the same way, when its just acting for him...

But maybe we're really putting too much into this. Maybe she's actually just amused that its so weird kissing him and she'll get used to it.

But then again... She's an actress! For gods sake she's used to kiss other actors and she did kiss Scott before (In that dream Lorelai had about her and Luke being married, having twins...) why would she make such a big deal out of it if she doesn't feel anything for him?
Old 10-07-2004, 12:08 AM
New Fan

great thread!!!

can I say.. CUTE COUPLE!!!

u guys forgot to mention something: when ASP said Luke and Lor werent meant to be together until she saw the chemistry between Lauren and Scott...

we need to make up a word.u know..like bennifer..lol
maybe Laurtt ?? i dunno!!
Old 10-07-2004, 12:11 AM
Banned

What about Lott ? Sounds like hot... which it is...

I heard that Luke were supposed to be a woman! Seriously!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:55 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally posted by Squeegy
Believe me, there are worse interviewer than BB. A couple of them are on German TV

The first time I watched the special I was watching GG on TV and couldn't really concentrate on what they said so when Scott were talking about Jared and Milo I understood "My Lauren" And I was like "Oh my god, what did he say???" and re-watched it... but well... wishful thinking I guess.....
lol which german interviewer do you mean? i cant think of any

i finally saw the special and it was great .. i loved to hear lauren talking so fast that scott didnt get the chance to answer.. i loved this look when she watched his tatoo .. and yes she did .. and she was checking him out

and i dont like BB .. dont get me wrong .. but .. hmm i simple dont like her

hehe i loved scott talking about that there are jared and milo who are the hearthrobs and not him cause he is too old

"My Lauren?" lol thats really wishful thinking i guess

Quote:
Ender's_Jane
thanks for the caps

Quote:
u guys forgot to mention something: when ASP said Luke and Lor werent meant to be together until she saw the chemistry between Lauren and Scott...

we need to make up a word.u know..like bennifer..lol
maybe Laurtt ?? i dunno!!
well APS saw it before we did .. and now lauren and scott need to see it

a word for them .. a couple name?

uh i go with verena about lott .. or what about Scoren?

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-07-2004, 08:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
lol which german interviewer do you mean? i cant think of any
Just to name one... What about Frauke Ludowig... this blonde, stupid, boring.... ugh... i don't know any other fitting words, she's just really really bad. But I know a lot more... These stupid girls on MTV and VIVA for example... awful....

Well okay, the word...
Either a bennifer thing (Scoren sounds good too) or something like JJ,BB, Lit.... you know... something that they have in common, or something like that...

But unfortunately... I don't know anything that would fit...
Old 10-07-2004, 09:03 AM
Moderator Support Team

hmm the more i say "scoren" the more I like it.. or like you said we find a word which fits them .. hmm how about

silent lovers

or hmmm i dunno

uh yeah frauke is horrible.. also is Nina ruge.. this woman makes me wanna puke all the time

uh you know what i like to see lauren on TV total lol

hmm i´m still thinking about a name for our dream couple

brosis just kidding

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-07-2004, 09:40 AM
Banned

Oh man... don't even get me started on Nina Ruge.... *ugh*

I would rather see Lauren on Harald Schmidt... sooo sad that he's not on screen anymore... I don't like Anke... but whatever...
I wouldn't wanna see her on TV Total, b/c I just HATED Stefan for talking about toilet paper the WHOLE TIME when Michelle Branch was there. That was the worse interview I've ever seen, although I love Michelle and she was great though...

silent lovers sounds cute, too
Or secret lovers, or unconscious lovers....

I found a picture on gettyimages.com that fits Scotts pic. from the special

Edit: I can't make the picture work...

Last edited by Squeegy; 10-07-2004 at 10:15 AM
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 AM
Extreme Fan

nice pic =) they look so great together... looks like they could have fun and laugh together and talk through the nights and stuff. dont wanna think about that love makin part ^^ ...

**Icon made by Suz**
Old 10-07-2004, 12:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by * Kay *
Ender's Jane, what you said upthread made a lot of sense, but I'm not going to believe that they're together until I hear it confirmed from one of them. Although, I thought that the L/L kiss in bed was a little awkward/reserved, too. Also, it seemed like LG sort of jumped away from it really quickly. Afraid it'd get too hot, Lauren?
Actually I don't think they're together. My theory is that, for one, she has a huge crush on him and that it very likely goes the other way. Though she seems to be more affected by it on the whole. Which makes it entirely cute. And, for two, that I think they might later end up together.
It seems more like it's something happening in the early stages. You know, when you are just a little too obviously flirty and embarrassed around your crush.

I think she's totally afraid to get too hot. Thus the whole thing about actors and chemistry. If you don't have any feelings for someone it might be a little strange to be kissing them all day long, but if you do, however, it might be a LOT strange.

It seemed like, in the Ellen interview, she lingered just a little too long on the subject of how "wierd" it was and how he didn't even have to woo her or bring her flowers. Like she would have really liked it if he did. It was almost angsty the way she said it.

So cute!
The funny thing is, last season, when I was watching the finale, I had just finished watching all of the season 1 DVDs on that exact day, and so, fresh off a Max and Lorelai high with all the passionate making out, I was kind of disappointed with the kiss at the inn.
It felt like someone had put little "X"s on the floor of the set and told them to stand there and kiss each other. It was sweet but it didn't seem to be all that sweeping. At the time, it made me really sad because I was afraid it wasn't going to work.
And now, speculating as I am as to why that might have been the case, I don't care any more. They can be as awkward as they want--the real life story (if it is, in fact, true) makes it interesting.

The funny thing is, I LOVED the preceeding episode and their dance together and now that I look at it, it seems to me that that waltz embodies everything that could be really going on with Scott and Lauren. It seemed very authentic at the time--and now I think I get why.

I think this

is how it really is.

The stiff arms; the nervous,embarrassed giggling; afraid to look him in the eyes for too long; but slowly sinking into a timid but more comfortable, enjoyable embrace. I bet that scene was 10% scripted and 90% dumb luck, catching real life on tape.

*Screen cap credit Quintessence

Last edited by Ender's_Jane; 10-07-2004 at 12:24 PM
Old 10-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Moderator Support Team

@ Verena .. hmm i dont like anke either ..thank god she´ll be kicked off soon

he talked about toilett paper with michelle? are ya serious?

well Lauran on Harald schmitt would be great ..maybe there will be a reunion when anke is gone that would be great

but i desperately wanna see lauran in German TV

welcome to this thread carmen :I if i havent alredy welcomed you

@Enders Jane .. i dont think they are together .. i agree with you about the crush thing.. its too cute how they act around each other

thanks for the caps.. i so love the dance

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-07-2004, 01:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

Something else about the Ellen interview. I downloaded a bunch of screen caps from it because Lauren always makes the cutest faces in interviews, and there were a lot, in this one. But the one I liked the best, that I right now have as my wallpaper, is this one:

Credit Quintessence

The wierd thing is, that I just went back and rewatched the video to see if I could find any more hidden meanings and I noticed that when Ellen tried to say something to the effect that--sure it's wierd but it's just acting--type of thing, Lauren didn't let it go. She looped back around with this kind of nervous voice about how its like a family and so on. I hit pause right after she said that because I noticed she made this thoughtful, wistful kind of face for just a second. As if she was considering, for a moment, what she thought about him. And a split second later I realized that it was exactly the same moment as the screen capture that I have as my wallpaper. No wonder I thought it was so sweet.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Master Fan

You all crack me up. I wish I could have seen the special.

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 10-07-2004, 02:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
well Lauran on Harald schmitt would be great ..maybe there will be a reunion when anke is gone that would be great
I hope so... I never really believed that he's gone for good. He's probably coming back with his show. I'd love to be able to watch it again every night, I really missed it...
And I think he would be the only german host who really could handle her.

And yes, Stefan talked about toilet paper with Michelle... He asked her if its right that she doesn't like german toilet paper b/c its rough and thick or something like that. And he just didn't let it go, everytime she wanted to change the topic he came up with the toilet paper again. He even gave her german toilet paper!! That was sooo awful... ugh... I was embarrassed for him and our country that day... She was probably thinking that we're completely nuts... talking about toilet paper all the time....

Ender's_Jane I love your theory....