Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 10-16-2004, 07:20 PM
Moderator Support Team

Lauren Graham/Scott Patterson Appreciation Thread #2-cause she wants Scott to woo her

The thread title's pretty self explanatory. This is the thread to discuss, gossip, and generally squee about LG and SP. Be it as friends, something more, whatever, this is the thread to do it.

Disclaimer - This thread is harmless fun. We do not know if SP and LG are actually dating. This is not a thread to discuss LG or SP's personal lives, or their families. Just a thread for fun. Please be appropriate.

Notes
1. Please, no bashing the actors! This is an appreciation thread.
2. Don't gossip too much. Be appropriate. See disclaimer.
3. This isn't the Luke/Lorelai thread. There's an L/L thread on the GG board, go there if you want to talk about them.

Pictures!

What They've Said About Each Other

Scott: Right. It's.... it's daunting yeah, but you know, we are pretty much lead by Lauren Graham. You know, she is remarkable because we..... We don't really get much rehearsal at all.
Scott: Uh, so..... I remember last season we did a ten page scene that they handed us in the make-up trailer. And we had no chance to rehearse it or even look at it. We just has to go in and shoot it because it was a scene that was uh, rewritten.
Scott: Uh, and ya just kind of learn to do it. And they don't give you all the time in the world and you pretty much better get it, so we're getting better all the time at working under the gun.
Scott: Yeah, you don't know where uh, Lorelai ends and Lauren begins.
Scott: Uh, It's really true. She's the perfect actress for that role cause she is like that. I mean she does have that.... that manic energy and that super sharp intelligence and that wit. You know, she really is like that. Uh, but anyway, they give us as many takes as we need to get it perfect. Uh, last night we did it in two takes, um, some nights we do it in twenty. It just really depends on....on... You know sometimes the dialogue can get really tricky.
Scott: There are some real tongue twisters in there. And, you know, they're giving her reams of dialogue to do so it's amazing that she can even get through it and she does it so well. I think she has every...... every award she has coming to her, she deserves cause she's gonna get a lot of 'em. Full interview here

Much of the credit for how well these two click (and don't click) goes to Graham. Says Patterson, "She's better than the best actress I 've worked with." Full article here

LG: It’s happy. It’s the fifth year, it’s the longest I’ve ever had any job ever, like, of any kind, you know. So five years, that’s amazing, to me, for me, and my family. But its fun but now I have to start making out with people. You know, I’m making out now with, like, my long-time – where we were almost about to make out for five years and now we’re actually making out and it’s just very strange when you start making out with people when, like, they didn’t take you to dinner; they didn’t, like, you know; he didn’t have to, like, you know, really woo me at all. He just shows up and we - we make out.
E: So you’ve known this guy – he’s your past member?
LG: Yes, Scott Patterson, he’s in my cast and then we go from being like “Hey, what’s up?” *raises fist and punches the air like it’s someone’s arm* to like, you know, *make weird noise and motions like making out* it’s, like, weird. I don’t know why I was punching him before and I don’t know why this *repeats hand motions again from making visual* is how we’re making out, but that’s how it is.
E: Well, now I’m gonna watch it because, you know, *mimics Lauren’s make out hand motions* that. That sounds passionate. Um, but, you know, it is acting.
LG: Oh right.
E: You know, yeah.
LG: Yes, I know, but still, you get to know someone so well, you know, and it’s like, I mean, I don’t know, it’s a strange family there and suddenly…
E: Believe me, I get it, it’s just as weird as can be that you just make out with somebody. It’s “acting.” *Air quotes the word “acting”*
LG: Yeah, you know, like, no flowers or candy later, you know? It does make you feel kind of weird, like, “Ok, bye, see ya. Make out with you again tomorrow.”
E: Yeah.
LG: It’s weird.
-Lauren Graham on Ellen, September 2004

Old Thread

Happy posting!

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Last edited by Imzadi; 10-18-2004 at 11:38 AM
Old 10-16-2004, 07:23 PM
Supreme Fan

Yay, new thread! Thanks for starting it, Lorelai Obsessed!

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:26 PM
Moderator Support Team

no prob.. and you really dont like to call me Suz, huh?

hmm someone on the German thread mentioned Scott leaving GG .. thats so.. urgh.. if he would leave there would be almost nothing left

Sophie Devereaux is the finest actress you've ever seen, when she's breaking the law.

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-16-2004, 07:30 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed
no prob.. and you really dont like to call me Suz, huh?
Oh, no, I just wasn't sure if you wanted me to! Lol, I'll call you Suz from now on.

SP can't leave the show. And I refuse to believe that he ever will.

RORY: What'd I miss?
EMILY: I was just admiring your mother's life.
RORY: Oh, I do that daily.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:33 PM
Moderator Support Team

i mentioned it on the last thread but i guess you didnt read it .. and lorelai obsessed is so .. well not personal so Suz is better

i dont think he´ll leave the show.. he is a part from GG he lauren and Alexis .. if he would leave .. ..i really dont wanna think about it

hehe i just remembered the look lauren had while watching on Scotts tattoo.. hilarious

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-16-2004, 09:59 PM
Absolute Fan

Lauren wants him sooo bad... even if its just her subconsience talking!

If he left the show I would be so mad! Some guy said he was leaving for a whole season and a half, but he also said Dean was going to die so maybe he's just some wacko with a computer and likes to scare Luke lovers like myself... I hope he is anyway lol I don't wanna lose Luke!!

L/S support #1 ~ L/L supporter #20 ~ WYMM Supporters #48 ~ ILY supporter #94

Old 10-17-2004, 12:48 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hmmm, Scott leaving.... thinking.....

Well there was that comment in episode 3 that if he and Lorelai break up he will leave town (yeah Ri-ight), and we do know Lorelai has that 3-4 month thing that she does (not this time sistah). I doubt that he would leave a hit show, unless he was offered a show of his own (doubt that happened). To sum up ... nope, I don't see that happening, unless Lauren and Amy wanted him gone.
Old 10-17-2004, 07:22 AM
Loyal Fan

Heya Everyone. New thread Nice work Suz !
MMS Supporter #39,ILY Supporter #47,PDA Supporter #10, WYMM Supporter #13,LL Supporter #6.

Twilight is Love
Icon by *kaat*
Old 10-17-2004, 07:26 AM
Master Fan

Thanks Suz for the new thread!

I really can't imagine what would have to happen for Scott to be reason enough to leave the show...I mean he loves working on it and he said so himself. Unless he and Lauren agreed on not dating as long as their working together and he doesn't want to wait anymore

KiwiKid I can't imagine Lauren wanting Scott gone *lol*

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 10-17-2004, 08:25 AM
Absolute Fan

Yeah it would be sooo weird without him there! Did you all know that Luke was originally supposed to be a woman, ASP wrote it so that it was an old lady who ran the diner - I'm so glad it's Luke instead tho. Can't even imagine anyone else taking his place!

Last edited by Java_Angel86; 10-17-2004 at 11:06 AM
Old 10-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Moderator Support Team

youre welcome Eva and Emma

@ Java_angel86 i dont wanna loose luke either .. and i dont think the rumour is true... see that some other person also told that dean is gonna die

@ Kiwikid yseah i know that Lorelai has this 3 - 4 months thingy but i agree with you.. not this time ..not after 8 years of waiting .. not after ... well its luke and lorelai were talking about

and i dont think that amy would write him off the show .. i think she would rather end the show .. cause without scott... nooo

Quote:
I really can't imagine what would have to happen for Scott to be reason enough to leave the show...I mean he loves working on it and he said so himself. Unless he and Lauren agreed on not dating as long as their working together and he doesn't want to wait anymore
@ Evaok that sounds interesting but even then ui dont want him to leave the show .. hey we waited 5 years for those two to get together on screen .. now he can wait

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorelai Obsessed
hey we waited 5 years for those two to get together on screen .. now he can wait
that's mean but true...now I have a brain full of stories how those two are trying not to date each other while playing a couple..god I'm weird *g*

RIP Gilmore Girls. RIP Veronica Mars.
Old 10-17-2004, 11:53 AM
Moderator Support Team

werid? not more than the rest of us.. lol you wanna write a fic about how they try not to date? i would appreciate it

LEVERAGE campaign

Old 10-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Absolute Fan

I've actually just started the other day to write a Lauren/Scott fic, I'm not sure how it's gonna go but I'll post it when I do the first chapter. It's so much harder than normal L/L fics.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:55 PM
Moderator Support Team

uh i´d love to read it .. so please post the link if you post it onn ff-net or something like that

LEVERAGE campaign