Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Master Fan

It's Kind of a Funny Story ~ Looking Better Each Year

Opens 2011

Quote:
Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck, the filmmaking team responsible for Half Nelson and Sugar, just announced who will be starring in their next movie: It's Kind of a Funny Story. With filming expected to begin in December in New York City on the Focus Features production, Boden and Fleck revealed United States of Tara's Keir Gilchrist has landed the lead role. The Hangover's Zach Galifianakis, Emma Roberts, Viola Davis, Zoe Kravitz, Aasif Mandvi, Lauren Graham and Jim Gaffigan have also been cast in the comedy-drama.

Based on the novel by Ned Vizzini, the story follows Craig (Gilchrist), a 16 year old who checks himself into a mental health clinic because he's too stressed out to deal with life. Although he's just a teen, he's placed in the adult ward because the youth section is closed. There he finds a mentor in Bobby (Galifianakis) and a love interest in Noelle (Roberts).

Focus CEO James Schamus calls and Boden and Fleck two of the finest independent filmmakers working today. "The compassion they always show towards the characters in their movies will be particularly in evidence in this humane comedy, especially as performed by these wonderful actors," stated Schamus.
Keir Gilchrist, Zach Galifianakis and Lauren Graham Star in It's Kind of a Funny Story

Lauren will be playing the role of Lynn

Sides - thanks to Nadine
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Master Fan

How exciting!!! It has its own thread now. Thanks Shannon!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Elite Fan

Thanks for opening the new thread Shan.
icon: Permanent_99
Old 11-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Loyal Fan

Interesting!
Old 11-05-2009, 02:49 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Shannon!

I just got round to readig the side and I'm not sure what I think at the moment - I'll need to read the book also

Lauren's character does seem to have quite a small part judging by the sides but it does
Spoiler:

Also the description that Claire mentioned from the book seems to fit her perfectly

One thing that i'm not sure I like the sound of from reading this is that it seems to
Spoiler:
Old 11-05-2009, 03:32 AM
Master Fan

I skimmed through the sides, looking only for Lynn character and based on that there´s really nothing to discuss.lol There were like 3 sentences only.lol
I will read the whole sides after I read the book.

Claire-
Spoiler:

Old 11-05-2009, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Thanks for the thread
Sides will have to wait, though
Old 11-05-2009, 06:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Claire-
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I'm only going to heaven if it tastes like caramel
Old 11-05-2009, 07:32 AM
Total Fan

I didn't really read the sides. I looked specifically for Lynn character but there was no listing of her name....so I read Craig and Sara's and found a few lines for Lauren. It's hard to make out what type of role she'll have based on the sides alone. Probably get more of an idea of they character from the book.
Old 11-05-2009, 07:36 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
I didn't really read the sides. I looked specifically for Lynn character but there was no listing of her name....so I read Craig and Sara's and found a few lines for Lauren. It's hard to make out what type of role she'll have based on the sides alone. Probably get more of an idea of they character from the book.
Yeah, I haven't read the sides yet but just from the description of the book and movie it sounds like this is a really small part for Lauren. Couldn't be smaller than "Cloudy" though.

I'm waiting for the book to arrive at my library.

OT to Joy: I noticed your Phillies avi. I'm a Yanks fan and not rubbing it in or anything, but just wanted to say what a great team you have there- class act. Maybe we'll have a rematch next fall.
Old 11-05-2009, 09:29 AM
Part-Time Fan

Yay, a new movie! Thanks for the thread and the sides.
I got the book today as well, I'll start reading tonight I don't think Lauren's part is that big either, but the story sounds interesting.
Old 11-05-2009, 01:04 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Huh, I really don't have the nerve to read all this just to have 3 sentences or something for Lynn. Oh well, from what you're saying I can live^^
Old 11-05-2009, 03:49 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgfan (View Post)
OT to Joy: I noticed your Phillies avi. I'm a Yanks fan and not rubbing it in or anything, but just wanted to say what a great team you have there- class act. Maybe we'll have a rematch next fall.
Yes the Phil's are a great team and play with alot of heart. They'll be back next year. No doubts. But the Yanks just played better ball. So hats of to them (even if they are way overpaid)

So I ordered my book from the library. They didn't have a copy in but they're getting one from another local library so I should have it 2-3 days. I am sure the movie is centered mostly around Craig and his encounters in the hospital so I'm not expecting much from Lauren's part. But hopefully something 1/2 decent.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregirl82 (View Post)
So I ordered my book from the library. They didn't have a copy in but they're getting one from another local library so I should have it 2-3 days. I am sure the movie is centered mostly around Craig and his encounters in the hospital so I'm not expecting much from Lauren's part. But hopefully something 1/2 decent.
I got the book just a little while ago from the library. I've only read the first 3 chapters so far but I had to laugh when Craig talked about wanting to be a bicycle messenger. (I didn't put that in spoiler tags because I really don't think it's anything big or spoilerish).
Old 11-05-2009, 04:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Castle
Stana Katic

Quote:
I had to laugh when Craig talked about wanting to be a bicycle messenger
*giggles*