Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-28-2004, 01:48 AM
Ultimate Fan

In the Clamor and the Clangor : Episode 411

My thoughts on the episode coming soon to a computer monitor near you! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

junkie | LG fanlisting | My babies | Life's a Bitch

The Seeress of the High Desert
Old 01-28-2004, 03:43 PM
Elite Fan

Well, this was definitely one of the better episodes in a long time. I think. Hard to tell after only watching it once, but it was really good. I think it's cause it had more drama and subtle humor, as opposed to the "trying to desperately to make us laugh ALL THE TIME" kind of humor they've been doing for a while.

But of course there were some annoying scenes. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

The funeral. Totally not necessary at all. Who was that dude anyway? And why was Rory crying in such a dramatic manner? She couldn't care less about him. Why was Lorelai talking so ****ing loudly? Actually, why were they talking at all? Who cares. It was boring as hell and not funny. While we're on Stan and his bells. Good Lord. Thank God Luke and Lorelai took care of those in the end.

The band is so boring. What's with all this "that's rock'n'roll" talk they do all the time? So lame.

So great that we got more Lane! I'm so happy about that.

Loooove Lorelai's winterclothes. Totally my style. Jeans and sweaters, almost all I wear the whole winter through, heh.

Heh with Lane's group. Hee with the book/CD thing.

Okay, so the Lorelai/Luke storyline. Btw, so great to see them together again. Sighs.

I get why she was hurt that he didn't tell her he had moved. I mean, you tell your friends **** like that. I love it when they fight, though. Love it. It's so intense and they're yelling at each other and all the tension and it's so good. And Lauren and Scott are so good in those scenes. I don't have better and more thought through things to say about that. It's just fab.

Cute how Lorelai really can't get over the Luke issue. Her brain is completely focused on that. Aw.

And then he comes to do the snow. And what a great fight that turned out to be as well. Wow.

Ohh, the night they break the bells. Lose the hat, Lorelai. Not good. Heh at her breaking in. The card-breaking in is so old, though. It doesn't even work that way. The gym joke was kinda funny, though. The scene in the church was so incredibly sweet. And awwww when she admitted she didn't want him to move. I was begging for a hot and desperate kiss in there, but no such luck. The look on her face when she said "I care" and that whole exchange there at the end. She almost started crying, it seemed. My God she cares a lot about him. Maybe even love him.

Poor Lane. No gig. That's all I care about where the band is concerned. Okay, it was a little cool when they fought at the end, but that's it.

I totally want Lorelai's blue lobster top. :giggle:

Aw at the Laundry dude. Poor Rory, everyone heard that. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

The Lane/MamaLane scene was so great. Finally she told her how things were. Lane is so grown now. It was beautiful to watch the whole scene. She was wearing Lorelai's sweater. :giggle: Also in those shoes, she's almost as tall as Rory. And the scenes with Rory there at the end was really good too. Keiko does emotional scenes really well.

Sweet with Lorelai and Rory at the end. But what on earth was Lorelai wearing? Christ.

Ohh, what a great ending.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:16 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was going to post last night.. I was, I was up late, rewatching the episode and burning cds.. I'm in the process of cleaning out my hard drive! So much to say, wow, we really got an eyeful of Luke and Lorelai's feelings for each other. Progress is going nicely. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Oh, where do I start?

It's funny how neither Lorelai nor Luke can 'sleep' with their partners.

Ok, I totally understand Lorelai's side in this. If my best friend moved and didn't bother to tell me, give me her new number, address.. I'd be crushed and would start quesioning our friendship also. I mean, what other things has Luke been hiding.. as much as Lorelai jokes around, she does take friendship seriously and she takes her friendship with Luke seriously. As for Lorelai not telling Luke about Jason.. that isn't really the same thing. Moving to another county is pretty big.. and Lorelai didn't have a clue or a new number or anything! When my best friend, who I don't get to see or talk to as much as I'd like, took a trip to Canada with her husband, she called me just to let me know that she'll be gone for a week. Luke did nothing, in fact, if Lorelai didn't push Luke to tell her what's up, Lorelai would still be in the dark about moving. It's bad enough that Luke moved, but he said he moved three weeks ago.. three weeks and no word to your best friend! That had to hurt. As for Jason, he's a warm body to keep Lorelai company. Yes, they like each other, but they aren't serious... as of right now, it's not some life-changing thing. You usually keep new boyfriends under wraps anyway until you know how it's going to work out.. she just started seeing Jason. If she's been seeing him for a few months and didn't tell Luke, then I'd say she's being hypocritical about not knowing stuff. Except for last week's episode where Jason came to the DragonFly, if we never saw any Lorelai/Jason scenes, you wouldn't know Lorelai was seeing someone. The only ones that know Lorelai is seeing someon is Rory, Sookie/Jackson, and Michel.

I believe Luke didn't tell Lorelai, because the fact is he hasn't really moved in with Nicole. And he knows this. It's been three weeks that he's had an apartment with Nicole and he hasn't been sleeping over there.. yet coming home to the diner every night! Lorelai is right, he's just a rude guest that eats Nicole's food and leaves. Telling Lorelai would have to make it a reality.. that he did indeed get an apartment and has to move into the apartment. It's always been said that Luke knows that Lorelai has feelings for him, just refuses to acknowledge them. He told her about the marriage, bad enough, Lorelai found out for herself that Nicole was back and she and Luke were trying to make the marriage work, and now Lorelai hears about the apartment.. Luke is panicking, if Lorelai feels their friendship is changing or that Luke is moving away from her in the sense of him beeing attached and living his life away from Lorelai, Luke is afraid he'll lose Lorelai and Lorelai, herself, will move on and drop the 'feelings' she has for him.

Hence the fight when he was shoveling her walk. I think Luke intentionally went over to apologize.. he was shoveling her walk.. the shovel was in her garage. That is the sign of guilt. But then, he's also guilty of his feeling for Lorelai when he's attached to Nicole. As he kept shoveling, his guilt and frustrations were building up that when she finally came out of the house, he blew up. Even though he put her in her place, the rant was more about him being confused and frustrated with how he feels about her and not so much about her being mad over the move. He knew he should have told her. He's mad that Lorelai found out about him moving 'cause he wants nothing to change between them.. which is behind the many times he kept repeating, "Nothing has changed", to her. He really believes that. He felt guilty and defensive with Lorelai 'cause he likes her and is unhappy with his situation with Nicole.

I love how Lorelai came to Luke and asked if he wanted to help her break the bells. Lorelai never minded the bells, she actually liked them. Earlier when Rory was getting annoyed with them, Lorelai defended the bells. Then when Luke was ranting about how big of an annoyance the bells were, Lorelai was the one telling him to lighten up since it's not so bad. Luke's argument during him shoveling struck something in Lorelai.. so she went out to help Luke. I doubt her intentions when she left the house after speaking with Rory was to break the bells, especially since they didn't bother her. The apartment has never looked so lived in for the past 4 years I've been watching this show! The look on Lorelai's face, the revelation on Lorelai's face, was priceless. She summed up the whole situation about Luke and the moving from looking around his apartment. In a way, I think Luke had Lorelai find out this way deliberately. For one, if he truly wanted to hide the move, he would have hidden the paint samples when Lorelai came into the diner.. he didn't and he knew she would question him. Second, he didn't mind and even seemed happy, that Lorelai came up to his apartment and see that his apartment was still the same that nothing has changed. On some level he knew all this would make Lorelai tell him what she thought about his situation and in some way, give him some solid insight or advice. Even though Luke hates that, Lorelai is the only person who he can truly talk to and listens to his problems. He can't go to Nicole about this, how can he tell his wife that he doesn't want to move in with her? So he goes to his best friend, making sure the topic is brought up without him actually bringing it up. Of course, later he gets mad with her questioning about his move because he doesn't want to face the reality of it.

Hee, I knew Lorelai had to have joined the gym after having Rory! Did you see how smitten Luke is when he was looking at Lorelai while she was opening the church doors with her gym card! I like how Luke is catching all the 'dirty!' before Lorelai even says it now. Luke was right, that dirty! was too easy. And Luke broke the bells before.. classic! I like getting more into Luke's past.. he's such a loner that it's interesting to get to know more about him. Luke was pushing for Lorelai to admit her feelings big time. First with trying to get her to admit her jealousy of Nicole and the fact that another woman is inhis life. And the look on Lorelai's face when he was telling her.. she's definately attracted to this guy. Luke knows how Lorelai feels about him. He was pushing for her to admit it. I think some of his frustrations comes from having this crush on her for so long, knowing she also has feelings for him but them not getting anywhere. He wants the truth on why she cares so much and why she doesn't want him to move. Doesn't matter that they were interrupted by the reverend.. Luke knows why Lorelai cares, it was written all over her face, her whole expression, coupled with her freak out about him moving just screamed out that she loves him. Now that Luke got the 'truth', when he finds out about Jason, the blow is going to be big. I can see what Luke would be thinking, "You have feelings for me but you're sleeping with him?! Oh, yeah, I'm married!" Question is, how long is Luke going to keep up this fiasco with Nicole, knowing how Lorelai feels and knowing how he feels? Lorelai is right, Luke isn't acting like a husband, it's a whole other situation. He doesn't sleep at 'his' apartment, he goes home to the diner and spends his time with Lorelai.

And Nicole! Is this woman blind or some kind of dumb? Hello! Luke is wearing this big blinking red, neon sign that says, "Hey, I don't want to commit to you! It's never going to happen!" What woman in her right mind would not think soemthing is wrong when her 'husband', after three weeks, won't move in with her.. hasn't made a dent in his apartment to bring his stuff over, will not sleep over with her, and just pops in when it's convenient for him? Why the hell would she let herself be treated like this? Luke doesn't love her.. he's pining over his best friend! You can't tell me that Nicole isn't feeling the cold coming from Luke.. it has to feel like freaking blizzard! Will Nicole confront Luke about his commitment issues? Man, if I don't see Nicole confront Luke in the near future, then it'll just prove what an idiot she is. Luke says he's her husband, 'cause legally, he is.. but he doesn't feel that way and he certainly doesn't see her the way he does about Lorelai.

I do feel for Luke in some ways. But he did this to himself. I know he doesn't want to hurt Nicole, but the longer he keeps this up, the more Nicole is going to be hurt and the harder it's going to be to break this off. He should have said no to Nicole the first time she came in and wanted to work things out. He may not be cheating physically on Nicole, but mentally and emotionally.. Luke's been dishonest the whole time.

On Lane.. [img]smilies/clap.gif[/img] she stood up to her mom! I feel sorry for Mrs. Kim, but then again, I don't. I understand why Lane kept everything from her mom.. if everything Lane says will be met by criticism, insults, argument and nagging, then why tell her mom anything. It's not worth it and there's no point. Mrs. Kim loves her daughter, but it's about time to find out her daughter isn't a puppet. At first I was thinking how cool it would be if Lane moved in with Lorelai.. but the more I thought about it, the more I don't care for the idea. I mean, Lorelai's dealing with empty nest syndrome won't help if she 'adopts' another. Plus, I want to see growth in Lorelai's relationships with Jason and Luke and that's not going to happen if Lane is living with her.

I don't mind seeing Jess next week. Yep, I said that! The only thing I want to see is his reaction to Luke being married and his scenes with Luke.. and of course, a special surprise at the end! [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

The funeral scene didn't bother me.. though Kevin kept asking who died! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I even liked the hats.. on Lorelai. My only thing is, I was watching this and then when everyone got up out of their seats and the only thing that was going through my mind was, "Um, Lorelai's dress is short! She's looking a bit hot for a funeral!". But maybe that's just me!

Old 01-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Total Fan

Lorelai is really sorting her feelings out about Luke. But he is a married man, so no matter how much she finally comes to terms with, it's all up to him. He has to either commit to Nicole and the marriage or move on with the divorce. The indecision is killing them both.

Other people are going to start picking up on the changes in Lorelai's feelings. And Luke had to have seen/heard something in that church. Those L&L looks were not only for being caught for the vandalism....
Old 02-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Loyal Fan

I made some screencaps.
Old 02-01-2004, 01:07 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Canopus:
<STRONG>I made some screencaps.</STRONG>
Love em.
Old 02-01-2004, 02:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Thank you! You're the best! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 02-01-2004, 12:04 PM
Master Fan

I forgot me thoughts on this episode because I'm so tired right now but I do remember the horrible fashion sense:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who found that hate and shirt hideous?

-*- Journal || LG Media Alerts -*-
Old 02-01-2004, 12:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Over at the Lorelai thread, we came up with some theories on that shirt.. Lauren lost a bet is our favorite!

I was talking to my friend who works as a costumer on tv shows down in L.A., she said they may have done it on purpose. Rory said Lorelai sounded distracted. This could have been a way of showing Lorelai's distraction and not caring or paying attention to what she wears.. it's a long shot!

Also, the costumer goes through the script and picks out the outfit for each scene.. I wonder what her reasons were for picking this shirt out?!