Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-14-2011, 04:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I don't know if I would have seen the movie without Lauren in it.

Personally I think Sarah is more like Sue that Lorelai was. Lorelai was too good most of the time, apart from the whole 16 and pregnant thing LOL

Sarah on the other hand has been a bad girl and I hope we learn more about her past on PH. Sue is even worse and I really love that Lorelai played something different and I hope we get to see Lauren in movie roles that are different, maybe not doing Santa in the front seat of a car again though
Old 12-14-2011, 04:37 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)

I love that in my local supermarket they are selling all the Family Christmas movies, Home Alone, Santa Claus the movie etc and mixed in with them is, Bad Santa. Don't think the people that work there have ever seen this movie! lol
I was in HMV today and i noticed this too, i always wonder if people who have no idea what its about would just randomly pick it up for a family movie since it was only £3.

Personally i love this movie, its so funny. I was actually shown it way to young, my mum like covered my eyes! hahahaha But now i obviously get it more, and BBT is brilliant in it. Oh and duh, so is Lauren, i especially love her "like ya anyway" line

Havent watched this yet this year, going to save it for Christmas Eve

Emma: "We could change our identities, and go to Tallahassee"
Old 12-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelRambles (View Post)
I was in HMV today and i noticed this too, i always wonder if people who have no idea what its about would just randomly pick it up for a family movie since it was only £3.

Personally i love this movie, its so funny. I was actually shown it way to young, my mum like covered my eyes! hahahaha But now i obviously get it more, and BBT is brilliant in it. Oh and duh, so is Lauren, i especially love her "like ya anyway" line

Havent watched this yet this year, going to save it for Christmas Eve
I love that line, it's my fav too! Her character says it so innocently and sweet, yet this girl is so not! HAHA

and you would like to think, that as soon as Santa starts swearing, people would realise this is not your typical family holiday movie!!! LOL
Old 12-15-2011, 07:58 AM
Ultimate Fan

I've only seen Lauren's scenes - never intrigued me as a whole movie.
I find she plays her character as very sweet and loving, not the usual sexy angle usually taken by other actresses. But, maybe that's just my perception...
And as for the infamous car scene - she's definitely humping a BBT/Santa doll, right?

Sign Petition For More Gilmore Girls
Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
And as for the infamous car scene - she's definitely humping a BBT/Santa doll, right?
I'm sure its BBT and not a doll or stand in (how do you get that job )

I still remember Lauren talking about dry humping a chair at the audition
Old 12-16-2011, 11:17 AM
Obsessed Fan

I have already seen this movie three times since Thanksgiving. It is on the Comedy channel which has commercials and also cuts out all of the f***s, the hot tub scene and all but the very end of the car scene. I was shocked one night when I was watching it at around midnight, they actually showed it all including the f***s.

I still cringe with the car scene because it IS Lauren but for some reason the scene on the floor where BBT has the strap to her panties in his mouth gets to me even more.

My husband won't even watch the move, one because he doesn't like BBT and two mainly because he really like Lauren and doesn't what to see her like that. It is funny and yet cute.
Old 12-16-2011, 11:46 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I'm sure its BBT and not a doll or stand in (how do you get that job )
looks a doll to me
Old 12-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Obsessed Fan

It doesn't look like BBT but I seem to remember that Lauren said that she did the scene with him. If so, I am thinking that they had to have done something to lower the seat to make room. It does look more like a doll of some sort to me, though.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:22 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Add it to the questions to ask Lauren if you ever met her in the street, should be a nice ice breaker
Old 12-16-2011, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

She said that jumping BBT was better than jumping the chair, so who knows.lol but yeah, you can´t really see the "person".

Old 12-24-2011, 02:22 AM
Master Fan

This site reposted Lauren´s interview about Bad Santa from 2003.

Flashback - Interview: Lauren Graham on "Bad Santa" - The Moveable Fest

Old 12-24-2011, 03:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thanks for the link,

it's a pity the scene used for that pic of them in bed was cut and not even included as an outtake.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:45 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1993 (View Post)
Thanks for the link,

it's a pity the scene used for that pic of them in bed was cut and not even included as an outtake.
If the car and hot tub scene are anything to go by, I don't think I could have taken a bedroom scene! LOL I have to shut my eyes at that point!
Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Obsessed Fan

They have shown it a few more times on the comedy channel with all of the cuts, but last night (or I should say this morning at 1am) they showed it without the cuts other than during the car scene, they cut out all of Lauren's ********** Santa's. Really strange because they kept in all of BBT's F***s and when they came back from commercials they gave a heads up that it was R rated.

In the Hollywoods Top Ten Cinema Santas poll, Bad Santa is #6.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kizzy81 (View Post)
If the car and hot tub scene are anything to go by, I don't think I could have taken a bedroom scene! LOL I have to shut my eyes at that point!
good point.

I do wonder if Lauren had a no nudity clause in her contract 'cause we didn't see anything that wouldn't be at home on network TV.

I remember when it first came out how they were calling it a cult classic, not quite sure if it's there yet, not seen it on TV here this year. I'll check the guides again...

ETA - it's on tonight on network TV at 10:30pm! For those in Australia check your guides for channel Nine. Don't know if it will be edited.