Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

Considering Closing the Hayden Board

Hi all,

We have been having a difficult couple of months. Looking at the post count numbers we have gone below the minimum requirement of 15 posts a day 4 times since the beginning of May.
This last week we just made it with an average of 15.32 a day.

Val and I have been talking and considering that maybe it is time to close Hayden's Board.

Please comment below with your thoughts.

Stephanie and Val
Old 07-03-2011, 01:25 PM
Master Fan

Hi all too!

This decision that we are considering was very difficult for us to make, but maybe it's the right thing to do at this time (considering the low post count that has not improved during the last months).

What do you think about this?

Thanks again.

icon credit: guilderferns
Old 07-03-2011, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

NO!!!!!!!! Don't do it. I swear I'll post like in 12 different threads a day. Maybe it's just a temporary dry spell. As soon as Hayden is in another film, posting will pick up. Oh my god, please don't close this Board.
Old 07-04-2011, 05:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Well, sadly this dry spell will kill us if we don't do something. And Hayden not being in any upcoming films is no help.

I feel what we really need are more dedicated posters. Even if a healthy number of posters come every day, or every other day to post, that would help a lot to keep the count above 15.

We are especially going to need it for mid to end of July when both me and Val will be away on vacation. *bites nails*
Old 07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrItAll (View Post)
Well, sadly this dry spell will kill us if we don't do something. And Hayden not being in any upcoming films is no help.

I feel what we really need are more dedicated posters. Even if a healthy number of posters come every day, or every other day to post, that would help a lot to keep the count above 15.

We are especially going to need it for mid to end of July when both me and Val will be away on vacation. *bites nails*
I have been a dedicated poster ever since I joined in May. I post here everyday. Couldn't yesterday because I was away for the 4th. I promise I'll post everyday. I do as it is, but just saying.
Old 07-05-2011, 06:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

You have been very dedicated and it makes me so happy and appreciative. I wish there were 10 more posters like you. Then we wouldn't be in this situation.

And I know it was a holiday weekend, but there aren't many people in this thread
46 views and only 5 posts?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Extreme Fan

You can't recruit any old posters? I'm sure back in the golden age of ROTS there must have been a ton of people here.
Old 07-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh nooo! Saddened to read that you're thinking of closing down this board!

I love this place, I'd hate to see it get closed. I only wish I had more time to post more often.

I do hope the board will still be around for a good long while. I'm always interested to see what project Hayden will do next and then come here to discuss it with all you lovely folks.

icon: Spike it up
Old 07-06-2011, 05:35 AM
Senior Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center
Star Trek

Val & Stephanie. I know it's really hard to discuss the possibility of closing. When a board is just meeting the traffic minimums, and you've done everything you can think of to spur interest, it's frustating. Maybe making people aware of the present situation will be enough to renew interest, prompt people to commit to visiting regularly and help the board turn the corner. Or maybe people will agree that it's time to revert to a single thread at the general Male Celebs board. Basically, it's up to all of you whether you want to keep the board an active and viable part of Fan Forum.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
When a board is just meeting the traffic minimums, and you've done everything you can think of to spur interest, it's frustating.
And so stressful. I have seriously lost sleep over it. I keep thinking when I return from vacation I'll come back to a closed board.

And then it just stresses me and depresses me more when I don't see more people coming to this thread.

I suppose I could PM old posters, but that will have to wait till after my vacation. I leave next week and have so much to do.
Old 07-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Master Fan

Sheiva, thanks for being a dedicated fan We really appreciate it, but as Steph said, I wish there were at least 10 more posters like you to keep this board more alive

The idea about 'recruiting' is good, thanks for suggesting it!

Szilvia, thanks too I wish this board was like years ago.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm going to try posting here whenever I'm on, especially with Steph going on vacation soon. Hopefully it'll help.

icon: Spike it up
Old 07-07-2011, 01:58 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh no, I'm sad to find about this. This board has been such a huge part of my history at and it would be awful to see it close.

But I do understand that it's hard to keep a board going if you don't have a lot of posters or new stuff to talk about. I wish I could help more but with work and stuff I hardly have time to post outside my own board. So my visits here have become very sporadic... I'm sorry.

I always admire mods who come to a right decision for the board after having carefully considred all the factors. So, whatever you guys decide, I'll support you.
Old 07-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Master Fan

Thanks Laura

By te way, I'm going away starting this Monday... so the board will need some help

Old 07-07-2011, 12:12 PM
Fan Forum Star

I will be around posting how long are you away for Val?