Communications Team Manager
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

American Idol Season 13 Top 11 Performances and Results: Songs from the Cinema

American Idol Season 13 Top 11 Performances and Results

Theme: Songs from the Cinema
Performances -> March 12 | Results -> March 13 2013

The Results show will feature Harry Connick Jr. and Mali.

JOIN our Communications Team.
| ray

Last edited by dancing in the rain; 03-13-2014 at 12:07 AM
Old 03-12-2014, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Star

TFTT!
Can`t wait to hear the songs! Hope they sing some I know.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-12-2014, 04:21 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

YW!

I hope so too or at least good ones that suit their style and vocal abilities.

| ray
Old 03-12-2014, 01:45 PM
Extreme Fan

Looking forward to the performances!

That's a nice pic of the Top 11
Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Hope my favourites did well And yeah, I'm liking the pictures they do each week.

| ray
Old 03-13-2014, 09:17 AM
Extreme Fan

Jena rocked! There's no way she should be anywhere near the b3 this week. I don't think CJ will be near the b3 either. He picked the perfect song for himself and did really well with it.
I also thought Caleb did really well and it was good to see him do something different.
MK improved a lot this week so maybe she will avoid b3.
I thought Ben and Majesty had kinda rough performances and could be b3. I'm also afraid there's a chance Jess may be in b3. I love her voice and liked the beginning of her performance but it went downhill once the band entered. I hope she's safe cause I don't think the judges would use the save on her.
The 'auditions' were funny
Old 03-14-2014, 03:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`m a little surprised about the fact that someone got eleminated where I didn`t really expected it.
And I maybe don`t read the comments on Facebook anymore. If those people would know what a bad singer won the Idol show in my country in Season 8 three years ago they would stop complaining

And now back to American Idol and the motto.

I loved: Jessica, Jena, Caleb (he sang a wonderful version of that song!) and CJ(he really surprised me positive with his voice!)
I liked: Dexter (loved the song but he can do better like last week) , Sam, Alex and Malaya

No one sang bad. I´ve heard worse singers(in my country not the USA).

Yeah the "auditions" where funny
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 03-14-2014, 08:29 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah598 (View Post)
Jena rocked! There's no way she should be anywhere near the b3 this week. I don't think CJ will be near the b3 either. He picked the perfect song for himself and did really well with it.
I also thought Caleb did really well and it was good to see him do something different.
MK improved a lot this week so maybe she will avoid b3.
I thought Ben and Majesty had kinda rough performances and could be b3. I'm also afraid there's a chance Jess may be in b3. I love her voice and liked the beginning of her performance but it went downhill once the band entered. I hope she's safe cause I don't think the judges would use the save on her.
The 'auditions' were funny
Agree 100 percent

Caleb just blew me away...really showed he could step out of the hard rock line and do it well.

I admit I had never heard the song Alex did, so I went out and listened to the original version. His version was so much better...really like his style.

MK in alot of ways is a diamond in the rough......if she could just let go I think she would become more of a force.

J(eeeee)na did an awesome job on her song.....I really liked it.

CJ has really been doing better and better.....I hope he sticks around.

Dexter.....very bad song choice IMO.....the judges were right....if your going to do a song like that which has been done over and over and in so many ways, you got to bring something new to it.....he failed I think.

Ben was the right choice to let go. He didn't impress me at all this week.
Old 03-14-2014, 06:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
I loved: Jessica, Jena, Caleb (he sang a wonderful version of that song!) and CJ(he really surprised me positive with his voice!)

Yeah the "auditions" where funny
I'm really not a big fan of CJ but I have to give him credit when it's due Probably his best performance.

There were some pretty funny lines from the auditions Jessica - "If Jack Black and Meatloaf had a baby it would be Caleb"

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohawk (View Post)
Agree 100 percent

Caleb just blew me away...really showed he could step out of the hard rock line and do it well.

I admit I had never heard the song Alex did, so I went out and listened to the original version. His version was so much better...really like his style.

MK in alot of ways is a diamond in the rough......if she could just let go I think she would become more of a force.

J(eeeee)na did an awesome job on her song.....I really liked it.

CJ has really been doing better and better.....I hope he sticks around.

Dexter.....very bad song choice IMO.....the judges were right....if your going to do a song like that which has been done over and over and in so many ways, you got to bring something new to it.....he failed I think.

Ben was the right choice to let go. He didn't impress me at all this week.
Agree, that's what we've been waiting for Caleb to do and he nailed it I thought Alex did really well too. I hope Alex and Caleb are the last two guys left.

Yeah, Dexter kind of went back to his old ways after doing pretty well the previous week. The Roll Tide in the middle of the song was kinda cheesy.

Agree about Ben, I think his song choice (Haley Reinhart's song on the Idol stage) did him in.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
There were some pretty funny lines from the auditions Jessica - "If Jack Black and Meatloaf had a baby it would be Caleb"
Yeah that was awesome
Old 03-15-2014, 07:59 PM
Extreme Fan

They did a good job with those video clips

Alex on MK - I create an extra hour of the day just so I can chill longer
Old 03-16-2014, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
They did a good job with those video clips

Alex on MK - I create an extra hour of the day just so I can chill longer
Thats amusing
Old 03-16-2014, 12:21 PM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

I agree with most of what you guys said

Favourites of the night were Jena, Alex and Caleb. I loved that Caleb did Skyfall, it wasn't his usual Rock song but it still showcased his great vocals and it was really enjoyable. Jena's choice was perfect and she sang the heck out of that song. I always find Alex's musical choices to be great and they make the songs so good.

I was glad Sam tried to change things up and while it didn't work as well for him as it did for Caleb, I think he's on the right track. Was surprised that two guys were in the B3 ... good sign I'm hoping.

Sarah, I agree that Jena and CJ did enough not to end up in the B3 and I'm glad Jena actually didn't. I'm the same about CJ, was never a fan but I thought he did really well this week, song choice and performance.

Betty, I can definitely understand how non-American Idol contestants make you feel sometimes

Brad, I actually never heard the original version of "Falling Slowly" but it's been done twice before on Idol, Kris Allen in S8 and a duet between Lee DeWyze and Crystal Bowersox in S9. And while I absolutely loved both those versions, I think Alex's is my favourite so far

| ray
Old 03-16-2014, 05:14 PM
Extreme Fan

^ ^ It was good to see Sam try something different I think he's just a little uncomfortable yet on stage at times so his performance came across as a little awkward. It looks like the limited voting has made things a little different with the results this year so far.

I'm glad Jena wasn't in the b3 either, it would have been ridiculous if she had been.

So they will still have the Idol tour this year. I hope they have them in smaller venues so they don't end up having to cancel some again.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:35 AM
Graphics Team

Moderator of ...
Communications Team

Yeah he's comfortable with the guitar, doing the slower songs so this was new territory for him. But it was nice to see him take a chance with it

That's what I was hoping with the new voting system and it seems it's working out.

I'm definitely hoping they know what they're doing with the tour this year because last year was ridiculous.

Forgot to mention that the performances on Results night were great. Harry was entertaining as always and that piano playing is insane. I really enjoyed Mali, the guy's really talented.

| ray