Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Elite Fan

Exactly, in the US they only see him as villain material..

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 12-31-2015, 08:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As an actress, I can honestly say typecasting sucks, and it's annoying how people are constantly trying to fit you into a certain mold. I agree that, while a lot of actors could play different types of characters, most of them aren't given a real chance to. However, it's a side of the industry that I have come to make some peace with. It just comes a moment where yes, you'll obviously keep trying your hardest to prove yourself to be more than the stereotype they're trying to build around you, but at the same time you have to learn when and how you need to sell your perceived image. At least Mads got a good deal out of it, seeing as villains are so much fun to play, and often get a lot of exposure. Imagine if he was always cast as a rapist or the creepy one-liner guy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I don't mind the typecasting if it means we'll get to see him in more stuff. General audiences probably won't realize all he's capable of but we know. And who knows, these villain roles might be the stepping stone for something bigger and better in the future.
Old 01-01-2016, 02:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

Back when i was still reading those magazines about famous people (pink magazines as we call them here in Portugal), i´ve noticed that. I mean, how you said that sometimes the actors are not given a chance. I´ve read a lot of interviews where some actors and actresses talked about how much they wanted to play different roles. So yes, many times is not even the actors choice. One of the things that i always wonder about when it comes to acting was the looks. Like what if an actress says No if she has to chance hair color or even cut her hair? It must be a hard choice but like you said, it something that someone who chooses this profession must accept. I am also glad that at least Mads likes the roles he gets to play and has fun . It would be worse if he was doing something he hate it.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-01-2016, 02:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Saying no to a haircut/color sounds extremely shallow to me though. Actors are canvas as well, we must learn to lend our bodies to the characters, so if I see an actor freaking out over such a mundane thing like a haircut, I immediately side eye their commitment. Gaining/losing weight is another thing though, as it can take a real tool on your health. Some actors do crazy sht when it comes to that, like Christian Bale did for The Machinist.

I also wonder how it feels when casting calls have stuff such as "the ugly friend" or actors are picked to play characters where the focus is on their physical flaws. Of course there's a lot more to life than being beautiful but that sort of thing must do a number on one's self esteem.
Old 01-02-2016, 01:50 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

It´s pretty much like being a model, right? I used to watch ANTM and i remember one model that cried when they starte cutting her hair. But it´s like you said, when people choose these kind of professions they must also accept what comes with them. I only saw a few scenes of The Machinist because it gave me the chills everytime i looked at Bale´s character.

My guess is that they have to be very though. Lucky ones who decide they want to be actors are get a chance on their first time. Because it must be hard to hear a No a lot of times. Maybe that´s why they are able to stand those kind of roles.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-03-2016, 07:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wouldn't compare it to being a model because acting requires actual talent. I know this is an arrogant statement to make, but there have been so many model-turned-actors lately and at least 80% of them don't have the chops to back it up. People have this backward notion that being an actor is the same as being a celebrity, and tons of untalented idiots are getting chances simply because of their looks (e.g half of The CW cast), when in reality you have to study to improve your craft. When talented people like Mads get good opportunities is always a pleasure to watch.
Old 01-03-2016, 02:03 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I don´t think that´s an arrogant statement, is actually the truth. Being an actor (at least this is view on the subject), have to know the scripts, put emotions on the scenes/acting, get up at 5 am or even work until 5 am. As you said before, some depending on the kind of character may have to gain or lose weight. Some have to do little research about their kind of character (drug addict or drug dealer for example). It´s not just pose for a picture and look pretty. Well this is what a real actor should be. Not someone who just looks pretty on screen.

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-03-2016, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think it's arrogant in the sense that it implies that it takes no talent to be a model but I'd be lying if I said I take modelling seriously. I shouldn't be throwing stones though since I've gotten a lot of sht for being an actress. Oh well, life.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:52 AM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

I imagine how the life of an actress must hard. I know i wouldn´t be able to do it but is mostly because i´m too shy .

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-10-2016, 07:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's definitely not easy but I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Old 01-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

It´s wonderful when we work in what we love .

ultra-vaporous

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Elite Fan

It is

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 01-13-2016, 12:28 PM
Moderator Support Team

Moderator of ...
Stranger Things

‘The Door’ Germany Premiere (x)
lady-wilwarin

BRICS
Prayers for 🇷🇺 🙏🕯️
🇵🇸 🕊️#stopIsraelgenocide
Old 01-15-2016, 04:52 AM
Elite Fan

Any news on his new movies? He has 2 big movies coming

Old 01-15-2016, 06:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Not that I know of but my main source is usually ONTD.