Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2021, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It’s like people loving Damon and Elena from TVD. He was the Tess (sort of) and got the girl in the end.
Old 07-13-2021, 12:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Oh definitely, if they had brought in a bad boy for Liz, I expect he would have been a lot more popular & people would have shipped them... I mean, imagine if they brought in an alien enemy for Max, so someone who had as much power for him, and a rivalry with him - that I doubt Max would do so well in - then have him take a shining to Liz, & have him 'change' for her, people would have eaten that up!
Old 07-13-2021, 05:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh man, now you're making me wish that had happened. I know Sean was supposed to be a "bad boy" But he was human and not a real threat. But someone who was a real threat to Max AND had fab chemistry with Liz? Yes, audiences would've ate that up. There was already people shipping Liz with Zan, and I'd say he was a little more of a bad boy.
Old 07-14-2021, 08:17 AM
Elite Fan

Ah, that sounds amazing! I would have loved to see Liz getting some action outside of Max. Sean was such a weak character, that it doesn't really count. Would have loved to see Liz and Zan have interactions!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-14-2021, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Legend

It's like the writers made Sean a weak character / competition because they didn't want to put effort into it....just like they didn't want to put effort into Kivar.

Tess/Zan needed interaction also.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I don't think they put much effort into Sean at all, I think he was only there because Shiri asked for someone else to come along for Liz, so they did the minimum that they had to
Old 07-14-2021, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Makes you wonder what they would've done if Shiri hadn't asked. OR if they decided to make it another alien instead of a human who came along.
Old 07-16-2021, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think they would have bothered doing anything
Old 07-16-2021, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Just a whole lot of moping and whining would've been written.

I also find that the only way audiences will be down with a female character's eye wandering is if the "other guy" actor is super, super hot. It doesn't work the other way around, like a guy's eye wandering to another female, no matter how pretty the "other woman" is. But if an actor is the audience will be on board with him getting the girl.
Old 07-17-2021, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, that's definitely a part of the misogyny that pops up in fandom too

Old 07-17-2021, 12:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

How did Max think Nasedo was using Tess' body to get to him? That's some power. And why would Nasedo want to turn Max on?

Oh, these excuses he comes up with

Last edited by LilMouse; 07-17-2021 at 04:54 PM
Old 07-17-2021, 01:32 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

You bring us some excellent points. Oh man I never thought of that. Then again he did pose as agent Pierce and got with Congress Vanessa Whitager!

Oh man the things we don't know about Nascado. He had his way with the ladies.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Then again he did pose as agent Pierce and got with Congress Vanessa Whitager!
True....but at least Vanessa was of age. Nasedo going after Max is pedophilia

Pierce was an attractive guy, so I could understand why Nasedo looking like Pierce got himself a girlfriend
Old 07-18-2021, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Max! That is such an awkward thing to say! I wonder how silly he felt later on, after finding out the truth
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-18-2021, 07:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, I bet he felt pretty stupid about that - he was so attracted to her, he had to try & convince himself that it was some alien power even though that still didn't make sense!