Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2021, 06:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Or they didn't even think about it all that much
Old 07-09-2021, 07:29 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It makes me so sad. I appreciate anyone who maps out everything.
Old 07-10-2021, 04:54 AM
Master Fan

Oh fascinating conversation here.....I love it when everything is mapped out also. Unfortunately I think with Roswell all the Sci fi stuff was an afterthought and I think the writers were making it up each week.

I’ve searched for clues in the show and unfortunately they are not there . Here in this thread because we all appreciate Tess I can safely say Tess WAS left behind by the other three (others will argue it was a minewarp that Max remembered seeing Tess in the pod ). We do not know for how long after though. So Nasedo is on the run, comes back to pods, only finds Tess, and.......doesn’t even look in Roswell for the others? The destiny book had pics of them as children and older teens so that would have been a big clue. We do know they were on the run together in other places and when they returned he knew who they were (box of pictures) so I don’t know... could have been written better.

Oh my goodness my Star Wars geek just thought of this..... could you imagine when Nasedo was dying in Max’s arms he said.....there is ....another.....shapeshifter....
Old 07-10-2021, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I feel like the writers didn't like committing to a time frame because they didn't want the audience poking holes in their story.
That might be it, but it just made their whole timeline one big hole
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-10-2021, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
because we all appreciate Tess I can safely say Tess WAS left behind by the other three (others will argue it was a minewarp that Max remembered seeing Tess in the pod
I can't believe this theory exists. Like....how do you explain the book then? Just another mindwarp with her face?
And Tess being able to mindwarp in the first place...are they saying she's an alien but isn't the fourth?

Quote:
That might be it, but it just made their whole timeline one big hole
Yep, not answering things doesn't stop people from asking the questions.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:39 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Yes you can tell the writing went to hell in season 2. Things that were cannon were cannon no more.

Tess to me had the most potential and was the most powerful one of them all. To make her evil didn't make any sense to me.

Ok as for Max I think he might of not forgotten Tess in the traditional sense but after not seeing someone for close to 18 years you would look a lot different as well. He just needed his memory refreshed.

Maybe the Pod Squad thought she had died in the pod and Max wanted to make sure but the others were ready to leave.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Old 07-11-2021, 08:31 AM
Master Fan

I think Max’s connection to Tess was the strongest which is what drew him to her in the pod and not wanting to leave.....Isabel and Michael just wanted to get out and probably didn’t understand because their bond was with each other. Although they do say Isabel cried for Michael when they left him in the home, I wish we knew if max missed Tess in the very beginning , maybe dreamt about her early on or something......

Then again did Katims even know in the pilot or first few episodes that he would introduce this fourth alien?? Or was it really an afterthought to bring her on just to shake things up between Max and Liz??
Old 07-11-2021, 11:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

My guess is the latter ^^^^ I think he just knew he wanted ML broken up by end of s1 for the cliffhanger effect, so he brought Tess on to do it.
If they knew from the Pilot she was coming, I bet we would've found out Max dreamt of some mysterious blonde girl when he was a kid. The writers should've said he did.
Old 07-11-2021, 03:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, I don't think they knew Tess exactly was coming, but right from the pilot they showed that there were other aliens out there (when Valenti showed Liz the pictures of dead people with silver handprints on them), so they were obviously going to appear at some point

& there's no way Max remembering Tess was a mindwarp, it was a memory that he had locked away - & maybe there was a reason for it. They were kids, when they were found by people, they seemed to lose all memories of the pods & they had no idea where they had come from, or that they were even aliens.

When Max's mom showed him that tape of him healing the pigeon, he said to Isabel that he didn't even know he had powers then, which makes me realize when they realized that they weren't like other people, & how the figured out that they were aliens & not kids with magic powers!
Old 07-11-2021, 07:19 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It wouldn't have been surprising if the powers didn't show up until...idk a year after hatching. Maybe it took a while for them to kick in.

And with the other aliens, maybe in the beginning the writers even thought they'd introduce aliens who were kinds sorta different to our gang and didn't think about making aliens who were exactly the same.
Old 07-12-2021, 01:04 AM
Elite Fan

It would make sense for the powers to take a while to kick in. They were basically new born when they hatched and all new borns have to learn things from the beginning.

It is such a shame that Tess was pretty clearly an afterthought, but it was funny how the original gang suspected her to be the killer from the photos that Liz saw!
| Icon by MyLastDayWithoutYou |
Old 07-12-2021, 11:18 AM
Fan Forum Legend

And them thinking she's a killer....why not just kill them outright if she's a murderer? Why did they think she was holding off?
Old 07-12-2021, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I don't think the way that they introduced Tess was all that bad, it was a good mislead imo, making people think that she was a villain, and then throwing in the 'no, she's just like Max & the others' - if she was a guy, fans would have loved the character. No matter how Tess was introduced, the majority of ML fans were gonna hate her
Old 07-12-2021, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

You are soooooo right about that. A lot of sexism was involved. And if it had been one girl in a love triangle with two guys, the audience would've preferred her with the "bad boy" aka Tess.
Old 07-12-2021, 07:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Roswell

Totally I hate the double standard.
Roswell Board~Celebrating 300,000 posts of Silver Handprints, Alien Blasts, & Tabasco Sause "OMG your the girl I didn't puke on"~Stephenie Meyer to me in reference to meeting her at the 2008 San Diego Comic Con~8/1/08
4/18/11~ the day I brushed shoulders with Robert Pattinson!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread