Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2007, 06:44 AM
Elite Fan

Did you get the same feeling from it as I did? It was much more Doctor Who-ish than Torchwood.

When I saw the episode it says in the voice over at the end that it will be airing 'later this year'.
Camibra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Part-Time Fan

I have to say that as much as I love the actress my mainproblem with the Sarah Jane investigates is that I have listend to all audiobooks.

And now everytime I see the kiddies I want to hush them away so that Josh and Nat can return.

LOved Torchwood. Sure there were a few weak episodes. But it really ended with just the right bang to keep me hanging on the edge of my seat.
Old 02-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Music (View Post)
I have to say that as much as I love the actress my mainproblem with the Sarah Jane investigates is that I have listend to all audiobooks.

And now everytime I see the kiddies I want to hush them away so that Josh and Nat can return.
The Big Finish Sarah Jane Smith audios? How are they? I've heard many of their Doctor Who audio plays, but other than the Dalek Empire series I haven't tried any of the non-Doctor audios.
Raonaild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raonaild (View Post)
The Big Finish Sarah Jane Smith audios? How are they? I've heard many of their Doctor Who audio plays, but other than the Dalek Empire series I haven't tried any of the non-Doctor audios.
I haven't heard many of the Doctor Who Audio books. But the Sarah Jane Books are im my option very welldone.There actually were suprises throughout the books. And the charackters were In my option nicely unique.

The only downside I have to warn you about is that it has a pretty open end. And not in a way where you can assum what happens next.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
Did you get the same feeling from it as I did? It was much more Doctor Who-ish than Torchwood.

When I saw the episode it says in the voice over at the end that it will be airing 'later this year'.
So they are picked up by the BBC?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Loyal Fan

Torchwood Invades Canada!

That's right. CBC unveiled their 2007-2008 TV schedule and we Canucks are finally getting Torchwood. I read in the Montreal Gazetee and when I looked it up online I could only find a small mention. I'll keep everyone posted when more information is available.

Here's a link to the Globe and Mail: globeandmail.com: CBC's 'new direction': more drama, reality TV

Here's another link with CBC's schedule. CBC Fall schedule...so far! - Viewers.ca Discussion Forums
robinepowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Elite Fan

Are any of you people planning to vote for Doctor Who in the requests this month? This month there is no Torchwood in there to choose from so Doctor Who is the other choice available.
Old 06-04-2007, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

And Jack would approve.

I must say I love Aussie TW trailer. Captain Jack on Ten (network). The slasher side of me is having the time of my life.
Although - they gave away the surprise of the first episode in the trailer, not very smart.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:41 AM
Elite Fan

Oh that is Ozzie tv for ya, they do that ALL the time - why I never watch it any more. I acquire my episodes elsewhere...
Old 06-04-2007, 07:23 PM
Loyal Fan

CBC's Fall Schedule is now complete:

http://www.falltvpreview.com/schedules/CBC.pdf
robinepowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:20 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah you just have to love how ch10 gives away story plots in the previews.

Its gonna be weird with adds in it and i hope they don't put it on too early so they don't have to cut anything out.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
The Kender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:49 AM
Elite Fan

Oh, you just know that they will cut heaps out of it...
Old 06-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Obsessed Fan

It starts on ch10 on Monday 18th at 9.30.

Misha's Minion
My LJ Kender's Twitter
The Kender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

You mean cut sex&violence out? But what will stay then, episodes would be half an hour long.

Does anyone know if there's John Barrowman thread here at FF somewhere? I checked Male Celebs board but couldn't find it.
Old 06-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't noticed any John Barrowman thread anywhere, then again, I hadn't looked during my travels.

CH9 did that with Smallville and FarScape, they edited out so much sex/violence from those two shows an average 42 mins episode became a 35 min episode... I do not miss those days where I relied on Aussie free tv.
Reply   Post New Thread