Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Passionate Fan

Just wanted to drop in and say this show really is all kinds of awesome!

When I first heard about this show being in production last year I wasn't sure what to expect. On the one hand, I was excited that another Canadian-based genre show was being made. Even better that it had financing from BBC America. On the other hand the series was going to be about ....clones!
Gotta be honest here, I hate plots that involve clones, identical twins, dopplegangers(earth/alien/alternate universe) , shapeshifters etc. I've always viewed those type of plots as being really cheap, gimmicky and unoriginal. Who knew that the plot device wasn't the problem, but rather the writing and execution. Orphan Black is probably the first show that I feel has done this plot device right. The writing is sharp, witty and fast moving. And really...Tatiana Maslany is simply brilliant in all those roles.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 05-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescoobygang (View Post)
Just wanted to drop in and say this show really is all kinds of awesome!

When I first heard about this show being in production last year I wasn't sure what to expect. On the one hand, I was excited that another Canadian-based genre show was being made. Even better that it had financing from BBC America. On the other hand the series was going to be about ....clones!
Gotta be honest here, I hate plots that involve clones, identical twins, dopplegangers(earth/alien/alternate universe) , shapeshifters etc. I've always viewed those type of plots as being really cheap, gimmicky and unoriginal. Who knew that the plot device wasn't the problem, but rather the writing and execution. Orphan Black is probably the first show that I feel has done this plot device right. The writing is sharp, witty and fast moving. And really...Tatiana Maslany is simply brilliant in all those roles.
Wow, this is such a great post!

When I originally saw the ads for the show, I thought, yeah, this looks okay. I'm not much of a scifi fan myself, so I wasn't really sure that I'd like it. But then I watched episodes 101 and 102 back to back and was completely blown away. Tatiana is freaking AMAZING at playing all of the clones and the show is fast-paced without feeling rushed, gives up answers while still bringing up questions, etc, etc. They've just done such a good job of it.

Quote:
Oh I hadn't heard of this before, is it good?
Yes, it's amazing!

Quote:
Just watched the pilot, and loved it. Definitely my sort of show. Can't wait to see more.
Awesome! Love seeing more fans in here.

And just so everyone knows, there's the campaign thread over here: http://www.fanforum.com/f50/orphan-b...aign-63094145/
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-23-2013, 06:42 PM
Passionate Fan

I can't believe there's only 2 more episodes left. Despite all the action that's been crammed in so far, there's so much more that needs exploring.

I'm still not clear on exactly who Dr. Leekie is and how much he is involved with the original clone project. His "neolution" movement seems really sketchy. Who knows what other genetic modifications he's been exploring. I could definitely see more of his "experiments" showing up in Season 2.

Looks like Helena will be covered more in the remaining episodes. Talk about a crazy and sad character. She reminds me of the Silas character in The Da Vinci Code.

I hope eventually they will address the terminal health problem Katja(German clone) had before her murder. Was her illness a genetic defect? If so, do all of them have it?
Old 05-25-2013, 09:35 PM
Master Fan

This really is a great show. I really enjoyed the episode tonight. I still can't believe that Sarah and Helena are really sisters. I never would have guessed that. I lliterally love all the characters. I can't believe that there are only two more episodes either.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 05-25-2013, 11:34 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I'm still not clear on exactly who Dr. Leekie is and how much he is involved with the original clone project.
Well, now we know that Dr Leekie is just another small-ish player in this big clone project. I don't think he was involved with the original clone project at all, he was just brought in later. I feel like maybe he does work for ~them~ and that's how he's been able to do so much at Dyad, because they're supplying him with big resources.

Quote:
Talk about a crazy and sad character.
Helena is a very tragic character, yeah.

Quote:
I hope eventually they will address the terminal health problem Katja(German clone) had before her murder. Was her illness a genetic defect? If so, do all of them have it?
In the promo for the finale they show Cosima coughing up blood, just like Katja was, so maybe now we'll find out more about that. I thought Cosima said in tonight's episode that the illness wasn't genetic, but I'm going to have to re-watch that. Maybe the clones DO have some kind of genetic defect, just one only the creators know about. Delphine DOES have her doctorate in immunology, so maybe she knows something about it?
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by five items (View Post)

In the promo for the finale they show Cosima coughing up blood, just like Katja was, so maybe now we'll find out more about that.
she was? Must have missed that part. I saw Sarah getting busted by the cops in the preview. My guess is they will end the season with her arrest. I doubt any charges against her will stick though. Leekie & the mystery woman obviously have a lot invested in this project, and the last thing they need is one of their clones ending up on the front page news. I can see them using their influence to get the charges dropped.

And so what's the deal with Kira? That was a nasty car accident...and yet she's fine? Hello, superhuman healing power anyone?

Love the way the writers insert humor into every episode. The intervention scenes with Allison & Felix were comic gold.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
I can see them using their influence to get the charges dropped.
Me too. I'm sure whatever organization they work for is fairly powerful and influential. They'll keep Sarah from being charged and prevent the whole business from getting out to the public in one fell swoop.

Quote:
Hello, superhuman healing power anyone?
Yeah, her cells obviously have some kind of accelerated regenerative properties.
S T A R D U S T
Old 05-31-2013, 02:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

What did they arrest her for anyway? I guess theft, but the whole thing seems off.
Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

Finaleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee nightttttttttt!
nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-02-2013, 06:56 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay-La (View Post)
What did they arrest her for anyway? I guess theft, but the whole thing seems off.
Impersonating law enforcement is a crime, I believe.
S T A R D U S T
Old 06-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Master Fan

spring 2014

VISIT ORPHAN BLACK
manu [twitter]
Old 06-05-2013, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Heartstopper

nick ♥ charlie
jordan ○ icon
Old 06-09-2013, 04:20 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 324B21 (View Post)
spring 2014
This.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:30 PM
Moderator Support Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar (View Post)
This.
Omfg bb, I love your icon, it's perfect.
S T A R D U S T
Closed Thread   Post New Thread