Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2016, 02:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

I've been doing that with Alias ... watched all of the first season and started the second in 2 nights.

New! Benedict Cumberbatch Forum

~Sherry | avi by ~ Jis_Bon ~
Old 02-18-2016, 04:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Love me some marathons some times. Cuddled up on the couch, hot POT of coffee... Warm blanket...
Old 02-18-2016, 12:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I just did it again last night till 6am!
Old 02-25-2016, 11:12 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ I've been doing that a lot lately!
Old 03-12-2016, 02:03 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi everyone, I'm a huge Lord of the Rings fan My favourite characters are Aragorn and Arwen (individually and as a couple)
Here's a little gifset to brighten your day (not mine, click X for the source)

X

I'm very lucky that my favourite theatre has LOTR marathons twice a year and I personally marathon all three movies about once a month I love them so much!

Harry Potter ~ The Lord of the Rings ~ Costume Dramas ~ Disney ~
Old 03-12-2016, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

welcome to the thread, Ruby.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

Welcome to the SF/F board, Ruby, and thanks for the lovely gifset! Arwen & Aragorn were my favorites, too.

Sadly, the main LotR board at closed last year; but I hope you'll be a frequent visitor here. Do you like any other SF/F movies, series or books?

Old 03-12-2016, 10:54 AM
Part-Time Fan

Oh yes, I am! I'm primarily a Harry Potter fan. I also love Narnia (I prefer the films) and I'm a huge Disney fan. One of the little-known fantasy movies I always recommend to people who don't know much in the genre is Stardust, based on the Neil Gaiman book. I read a lot of fantasy and one of my goals this year is to read more science fiction My favourite fantasy writers are Juliet Marillier, Sharon Shinn, Shannon Hale, Philip Pullman, Megan Whalen Turner, Kristin Cashore. I read a book by Brandon Sanderson recently and absolutely loved it. What are your favourite fantasy authors?

I remember the LOTR board. How sad that it closed! When I came back to FF recently I couldn't quite believe it was gone.

Old 03-12-2016, 05:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Is it ok to call you Ruby? All 3 of your names are red!

The LotR board had a great run but The Hobbit trilogy just didn't generate as much interest as was hoped for.

Your list is very impressive! You're a Reader! Do you visit the Books thread?

My favorite SF/F books are by Anne McCaffrey, especially her "Dragonriders of Pern" series.
From time to time, there is talk of making a movie or tv series of them, but the Dragons would be very difficult to do effectively. They and their riders converse mentally.

And then I'm a huge fan of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series. I prefer the books, although I do watch Game of Thrones as well.

Old 03-13-2016, 12:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

Haha yes, Ruby is fine! My real name's Emma but there are so many here :p

I didn't really enjoy the Hobbit, which is a great shame as I thought it had gorgeous cinematography (Middle Earth always looks so incredibly impressive) and it was wonderful to see some favourite characters coming back (Gandalf and Galadriel especially) and the music was superb. I might give it yet another try some day, especially as some of my friends are hardcore fans (and they're going to HobbitCon in Germany in a few days I believe). What did you think of the movies?

I should definitely have a look at the book thread! I use Goodreads the most when it comes to discussing books - have you got an account there?

I have yet to read McCaffrey though she's been on my list for ages. With dragons, I love the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik and apparently Peter Jackson's going to adapt the books. It's going to be a challenge for sure, though they don't use telepathy (I can only imagine representing that!)

Last edited by Ruby Rose Scarlett; 03-13-2016 at 09:42 AM
Old 03-13-2016, 06:39 AM
Elite Fan

I'll call you Emma easier to remember..

I love Arwen and Aragorn together and individually
My only wish is that this had more women and the few we see never interact

There's one thing in this world that makes me feel more alive. And that's you. 🌹 We're together. This is what living feels like.
Old 03-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

The Sherlock forum was closed today and I'm feeling sad. It seems odd to have only 2 boards under my icon.

Welcome, Emma!

My favorite of the Hobbit trilogy was Desolation of Smaug, by far. I mean, Benedict Cumberbatch x Dragon, what could be better?
The third one seemed to drag on forever and hey, you've seen one Middle-Earth battle, you've seen them all.

No, I don't have a Goodreads account. One of the members from the Sherlock board, called Karom, uses that site a lot.
I don't really have much time for reading lately.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

I didn't realise the board was closing, and so suddenly! I mean you just got another moderator like a month ago? What happened?
Old 03-13-2016, 09:45 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey Rita -
Benedict got a board, so Sherlock alone became a little redundant. Pari signed on as co-mod knowing our days were probably numbered.
I have to take a leave of absence from for the month of May or more, so I wanted to go ahead and get it settled. I would've gladly stepped down, but no one seemed interested in saving the board.

Old 03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by val ღ (View Post)
My only wish is that this had more women and the few we see never interact
Oooo I agree with you here. I feel like Galadriel and Arwen should have had a scene together at some point, I mean isn't Galadriel her grandmother? Eowyn mentions Arwen (though not by name) and Galadriel also mentions Arwen but that's about it. In movies were male friendship is pretty much the main character, it really was a shame.

Lutesse, I'm really sorry about the Sherlock board closing! The show is so popular, it seems very odd! I'm a casual viewer (meaning I don't partake of fandom activities, I just watch the show). What happened? I guess you'll all talk on Benedict's forum now?

Closed Thread   Post New Thread