Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2007, 05:42 AM
Elite Fan

Hrm, somewhere i remember reading that he was directing as well.....I'll have to find that. *dives back into the internet*

I can see how that would work. I can't wait to see Smaug.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-29-2007, 03:19 PM
Total Fan

Sir Ian McKellan got another award:
Quote:
Sir Ian McKellen, a top Shakespearean actor who gained worldwide fame with film roles such as the wizard Gandalf in the "Lord of the Rings" trilogy, was made a Companion of Honour under Britain's ancient and complex system of honorary titles.

The government said he was being recognized for his "outstanding achievements as an actor and also for his work in championing the causes of diversity."

The actor, a founder member of gay rights group Stonewall, stepped into a debate in Singapore about decriminalizing homosexual acts when he visited the city state in July.
eta: Guillermo del Toro addresses rumors about his directing 'The Hobbit' | Movie Biz, The Hobbit | Hollywood Insider | EW.com

Last edited by dukesmom; 12-30-2007 at 11:42 PM
Old 12-31-2007, 06:10 AM
Elite Fan

You know, I love Guillermo....but the Hobbit isn't his cup of tea....just not. It would be bad.

Hazza for Sir McKellan.
Vampires don't "sparkle" in the sun: they screech in horror, burst into flame and wither to ash.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:30 AM
Elite Fan

Why do you say that Jerry?

BTW, I just finished the Lord of the Rings (extended versions) trilogy marathon. 10am to just after 10pm.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Soz
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Crichton (View Post)
BTW, I just finished the Lord of the Rings (extended versions) trilogy marathon. 10am to just after 10pm.
I just watched them again too, but I didn't do it all in one day. It makes me want to read the books again, but I just can't do that right now- my life is way too stressed out now for me to give LOTR the proper attention it deserves. I'm thinking of getting the audio books and putting them on my new iPod though.

That's great news about The Hobbit movie(s).
Old 01-02-2008, 05:54 AM
Elite Fan

Del Toro's vision is a bit too freakish for Tolkien I think. He's got wonderful visuals, but I think they'd be a bit too twisted to fit into the world. Maybe too gritty.

I'm feeling left out now, I guess I'll have to rewatch them all.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:53 AM
Elite Fan

I think some of the movies he made would suit The Hobbit.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 AM
Elite Fan

Like which one?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Does Lord of the Rings have a board?
Old 01-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Elite Fan

Well, HellBoy does kind of suit it.

There used to be a LotR board on , but it was closed ages ago... We did have a 'special voting poll' the other week where we had the option to vote it or something else as obscure to get a board. But that poll is only opened up twice a year... Only 42 people voted in that poll - TOTAL! I mean, for the dozen different choices. Remember this around June this year when the next special poll comes up again and VOTE for LotR, plus try and get others like-minded to vote for it and at-least realize that this special poll exists.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:36 AM
Master Fan

There is a campaign thread for Lord of the Rings on the Request board.

35 people have voted for LOTR. One being me. But it looks like Twilight will be getting the special board this time around. I really hope we stand a chance the next time around. I want a board for LOTR so badly!

I had a LOTR marathon about a month ago. I watched them all with the commentary on. There are 4 sets of commentaries on the special edition discs. I've now listened to them all. I'll probably have another marathon this month too.

I'm so excited that we're going to get the Hobbit! Well actually 2 more movies. Since they'll be doing a 2 part version of the Hobbit, plus there will be stuff from the Silmarillion in it too to tie the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings together.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Elite Fan

I voted LotR a week ago.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:20 AM
Elite Fan

A friend of mine and I discussed them del Toro thing, and I think the thing is that Middle Earth isn't scary enough for him. He needs to do a Clive Barker kind of thing.
Old 01-13-2008, 08:11 AM
Total Fan

Here is Karl Urban's take on Peter Jackson/The Hobbit that was in a longer interview over at tvguide.com
Quote:
TVGuide.com: What did you think about the recent news that Peter Jackson is going ahead and producing the Lord of the Rings prequel, The Hobbit?
Urban: Oh, I think that it's really fantastic that New Line and Peter were able to put aside their differences and that Peter is going to once again bring Middle Earth to the big screen.

TVGuide.com: A lot of our readers have said they can't imagine The Hobbit in anyone else's hands.
Urban: Well, he did such an overwhelmingly fantastic job with that trilogy, it's hard to conceive of anybody laying their fingerprints on it.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for that tidbit. I've been hoping for more news on this, but it's been very quiet.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread