Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2015, 08:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
We can dream. Plus, there's always fan fiction.
There is, I just gotta make sure it's not a slash fic.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2015, 02:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Probably a good idea to avoid those.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
Probably a good idea to avoid those.

Sadly that's what you find when you look for fics with these two. lol
Fans don't care about the friendship in the fics.
Old 10-26-2015, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I guess they want the freedom of letting their imaginations run wild!
Old 01-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Bizarro

Not my favourite of season openers, but it does have Clark accept his destiny once more, although that doesn't last long. That scene with him and the Martian Manhunter towards the end is what should have begun what this season should have been about. If I were completely honest, I think Lana should have stayed dead, even if the way she 'went' was still pretty sad. I mean, think about it. The fact that Lana was actually alive (having faked her own death by using a Luthorcorp clone of herself) and returned to Smallville, Clark decided to stay homebound at the farm with her for yet another year. I guess I don't blame them for trying to make their relationship work once more now that she knows everything about him, but it just means a 7th year of a rollercoaster relationship that we all know will never work. (I guess I also don't blame Clark for being reluctant to leave the farm, it was his family home for many years). I know Clana had masses of chemistry over the years, but for a relationship that was really only meant to form Clark's high school years, it just went on and on, and on to the point where I just got sick and tired of it. Mind you, if they did have Lana stay dead, Clark would have needed time to grieve, which would have probably resulted with similar scenarios of grief when Jonathan died. Not to mention, Chloe would lose one of her best friends.

Season 7 was rocked with the writers strike, which was why only 20 episodes were written, thus being the shortest season of the series. Because of this, I think things must have been rushed, and there are some real writing problems. That's not to say there weren't problems with the writing in previous seasons, but S7 is generally considered the weakest season along with S6. Plus, S7 also saw some of the lowest ratings of the show so far.

But I digress. Here's how things should have been this season. Because the show couldn't let Lana go, they have her return to Smallville, but only BRIEFLY. Just to let Clark and Chloe know she is alive. She'd stay for seven episodes at the most, but eventually leaves of her own accord realising she's keeping Clark from following his destiny. Not because she HAS to leave him. And certainly not because she's wearing a power suit imbued with Kryptonite (ugh, S8 don't even get me started on that. Clark doesn't get over her until S9. SEASON 9!!!!!!!!!).

Ugh, I digress again. I should be talking about this episode….love the Clark/Bizarro fights again. Can never handle Chloe dying, and when she reawakens at the morgue. Love the Chlark scenes in this episode. I almost forgot Lex hands himself in. And the ending sequence, with Kelly Clarkson's Sober playing, is actually one of my favourite sequences. Chloe burning her death certificate. Lex taken to his cell, then takes out a photo of him and Lana, to Shanghai, where Lana walks amongst the crowds, (disguised in a blonde wig) back to her apartment where she takes off the wig and opens the window and looks out, to Clark looking out in the barn and finally to where we properly meet Kara Kent/Supergirl, flying off at the end. It's a great sequence to end the episode.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Of course my favorite thing about the Bizzaro episodes was the Bizarro/Lois scene, and then the moment when Clark found out Chloe "died". That scene was so powerful to me because Lana's "death" almost tore him apart but he was still standing strong but when he found out about Chloe's, it was like his whole world tore apart... it's just how much could one person deal with in one day? So well acted by Tom Welling.

I agree with you on the Clark/Lana relationship, the relationship truly brought the show down in the end. I was recently chatting with a fan and they said they quit after Season 7 because they couldn't watch it anymore and it's quite understandable.
I just disliked that the writers was so obsessed with Clana at the expense of Clark's character....
Old 01-08-2016, 03:26 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh, the Bizarro/Lois scene was pretty funny, especially when she went to smack him.
That just goes to show how much more Chloe actually meant to Clark. Hearing of Lana's 'death' made him angry and in denial. but hearing of Chloe's made his whole world fall apart, like you said. Tom was fab in that scene.

Yeah, I don't blame them for quitting the show after season 7, but then S8 was MILES better, even if we did have to endure Lana's return once more and the whole power suit story. Clark starts working at the Daily Planet, he and Lois start to feelings towards each other, the introduction of Tess Mercer...the first half of S8 was great...I guess it did go downhill in the second half. Yeah, the writers really sacrificed Clark's character in favour of their obsession with Clana.

(I hope you don't mind that I deleted your double post)
Old 01-08-2016, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh I don't mind if you deleted my double post, I didn't even know I double post. error as always

Or I do know I dp and I typed dp error. lol

Anyway back to the discussion, I agree with you but it makes me upset that some people will never get to see some of the great episodes season 8, 9 and 10 had because of Season 7 just being a mess... I'm trying to get this person to watch it but she did say eventually so we'll see.

For me, Season 7 had a decent first episode to make me intrigued because it felt like we was going to see Clark finally grow up, have a great family relationship with Kara, move on from Lana while also getting more scenes between Clois... once it hit 7x03, the season went downhill for me and I think it's the first season where I didn't watch the entire episode's of a lot of episodes which is why anytime I re-watch Season 7, it's so new to me.

Of any season, Season 7 is the one I watched least although there are some standout episodes and moments [7x16, 7x18].

That scene when Clark found out Chloe was dead, it was like his who world fell apart and it did show a bit, how much Chloe did grow to mean to him. He always cared deeply for Chloe [Season 1-3] but when they got to know each other even more and she sort of became his one true confident, the love and appreciation Clark felt towards Chloe was [to me] even stronger than his love for Lana even if Clark probably didn't feel that way, but self-consciously he did. With Lana's, he couldn't accept her death and as you said, he was a bit in denial but when he heard of Chloe's death, it seemed like it was the end of everything. Have to be great to be a Chlark fan at that moment.

Agreed with Season 8, if we can erase the Lana arc and Doomsday season finale, pretty great season.
Old 01-09-2016, 03:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Double posted me a lot yesterday.

Yeah, once you have stuck with a show for so long, it seems silly to give up at that point. I would never have given up on the show. I love the cast too much. Yeah, S7 started off fine, it easily went downhill after the first few episodes. Which brings me to my next review.

Kara

I actually always enjoy this episode, from Clark meeting Kara, to Lois given a job at the Daily Planet by new editor Grant Gabriel (although he has been so rude to poor Chloe - saying her work isn't what it was when she started…Chloe's just had a lot on her plate recently), even to Lex finding Lana and the story of how she faked her own death, with nice flashbacks. She couldn't kill him, but I don't think that's because she didn't want to there and then, it's because she's not a killer. Of all that Lex did to her….and he admits it….he's trying to redeem himself by giving her a grovelling apology and offers to get her life back in Smallville…

One thing. When Clark is at the fortress speaking to Jor-El, he says about meeting Kara, and Jor-El says he knew nothing of her arrival….so when Clark asks about his training, Jor-El tells him to watch over Kara, as she may prove a threat - Jor-El must have made that one up quickly since he said he knew nothing about Kara arriving on Earth. I liked how Clark taught Kara how to use her super hearing power, it makes sense she wouldn't have discovered all her powers yet but knows how to fly.
Old 01-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I felt bad for Chloe during the episode. I loved that beginning scene between Lois and Clark... for some reason, during that scene I felt like Lois was starting to really have romantic feelings for Clark, just judging by how she reacted to him leaving.

In general, they both loved having each other around even if they couldn't admit it at the time.

I loved that scene of Clark teaching Kara the superhearing as well. At least he taught her something.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

I felt bad for Chloe too. Yeah, I thought that too, I think Lois was definitely going to miss having him around.

I like how Clark and Kara both taught each other how to tap into their powers.

Fierce

Not a brilliant episode, but I did like the relationship between Clark and Kara, with Clark trying to teach her how to fit in and control her abilities, namely her heat vision. It's funny how he uses a watermelon to teach her, when Kara blew it up with her heat vision it kinda reminded me of Piper vanquishing watermelon in Charmed. Lana returns, firstly only to see Clark, who is shocked yet happy to see she's alive. Nice that we got to see a little of Shelby there. I think my favourite scene has to be when Lana meets Kara, Kara in her underwear practising for the Miss Sweetcorn pageant. Clark was so funny when he ordered Kara to get dressed. I actually liked the conversation Clana had afterwards, with Lana telling him he has to let Kara find that balance of fitting in the way his parents did.

Nice to see Jimmy back, not quite sure why Kara was so suddenly attracted to him though…glad Chimmy go back to where they left things, though Chloe is obviously struggling to tell him the fact that she is a 'meteor freak' herself when he goes on about the meteor freaks. The weather girls were just another ho-hum rehash of more meteor freaks - not the best.

At first, I didn't understand how Lex found Kara and knew she was the one who saved him in the dam, all he had to go by was that drawing he did. But then, when Lex came to see Lana at the farm, he mentioned he knew about Clark's cousin visiting. I guess he just put two and two together…he is pretty much on Clark's secret now. Also, there's a huge sense of deja vu when Lex tells her he knows she saved his life, ripped his car roof open and wants her to tell him the truth…."Twice I've been pulled back from the brink of death, and both times it was by a member of the Kent family." Lex has never been one to let go when one has saved his life, (I can understand wanting to say thank you) but why not just be thankful he's alive and has had so many chances to boot? I'm sorry, but this is just like the Pilot all over again…..well sort of, but obviously Kara denies everything and once again Lex will never be told the truth and has to find out all by himself, which makes him more obsessed with it.

So Lana wants to start afresh with Clark, once more. Eh…..
Old 01-10-2016, 12:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That's an episode I probably watched once... and probably didn't watch all of it because of how upset it made me. I loved Kara in the episode though and I think she just wanted Clark's approval... I think.
Old 01-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Yeah, I think she wanted Clark's approval too.

Cure

One of my favourite episodes of S7! This is my first time re-watching this episode since watching Lois and Clark, so it was pretty weird seeing Dean Cain play the villain. I just saw it as Clark vs Clark! I only wish Lois was in this episode. Curtis Knox was exceptionally creepy. I like that his initials are CK. Very fitting. I liked how they bought back a meteor freak from S1, Sasha Woodman, the one who controlled bees, to be cured by Knox but then killed later. Poor Sasha. Chloe is desperate to be cured of her meteor power and researches Knox and makes an appointment. That scene when Clark tries to stop her, asks her about the side affects and she mentions potential memory loss, "you're going to forget me" awww.

I like the scene where Martian Manhunter appears and grabs Kara by the neck and warns her to stay away from Kal-El. They struggle until Clark steps between them. Kara claims Martian Manhunter forced her family from their home, but Clark tells her that he and Jor-El were close friends. Kara warns Clark to watch his back and speeds away angrily. Lana watches the whole scene in wonder, (I loved how she presumed that Martian Manhunter was from Krypton only to be shocked when Clark tells her he's actually from Mars ) then politely excuses herself. I actually really liked Lana here. For a moment. The Martian Manhunter explains to Clark that Kara is dangerous, but Clark is reluctant to believe this because Kara is the only Kryptonian family he has. The Martian reveals that Kara's father Zor-El tried to assassinate Jor-El. He instructs Clark to find Kara's crystal before she does, or everything he loves will be destroyed. Kara is in the loft listening to their whole conversation.

The best scene is when Clark saves Chloe from Knox where he and Knox fight it out. Clark vs. Clark. The last scene with Chloe and Jimmy was really sad, I didn't like seeing them break up again.
Old 01-11-2016, 09:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well I agree with you on the Cure episode... I watched it only once.. and not even all the episode. I think it's with most of the season 7 episodes. During your season 7 reviews, I might come off very repetitive. lol I just watched the season the least.

Love your review!

I loved that beginning scene in the kitchen between Manhunter, Kara, and Clark and how Lana felt out of place.
Old 01-12-2016, 03:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Oh, you need to watch all of it! One of the better episodes, for sure. I might come off repetitive myself, so don't worry about that.

I loved that scene too.
Reply   Post New Thread