Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Evie
Oh, god..that ad is atrocious! He makes my skin crawl..I'd love to slap him upside the head with his Vanilla coke bottle.
"Why are people so unkind?"
Old 02-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlyM
Mullet Moron Sam annoys me. I hope Pablo kick his butt.

I like the show - just wish the auditions were done now.
same here!

The auditions are the worst part of these shows, I just want them to get right into it!
Old 02-10-2005, 07:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Yeah, you can't really get involved or attached to anyone until they start narrowing the field down after the initial auditions. Same thing with Idol.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 PM
Ultimate Fan

A few of the ones they let through last night were kinda dodgy IMO.

I did like that chick that sang "Natural Woman", so hopefully we'll get to see some more of her.

The one with the attitude was just embarassing herself. I did like her comeback about the pink shirt but other than that she was just carrying on like a 5 year old. Whenever I see someone get all offended like that, I just shake my head. Seriously, have they never watched Idol before? Are they honestly going in there expecting to have their butt kissed?
Old 02-14-2005, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

This show is a cheater I found out yesterday that my cousin...went to the Perth one and she had to sing for someone else first before seeing the Judges tsk tsk...
And they let most of the dumb ones who can't sing just for TV sake it's wrong...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:11 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kelly-
This show is a cheater I found out yesterday that my cousin...went to the Perth one and she had to sing for someone else first before seeing the Judges tsk tsk...
And they let most of the dumb ones who can't sing just for TV sake it's wrong...
so does Aussie Idol...

they audition people outside, and then send a variety of awesome/ok/bad people to audition in front of the judges...
Old 02-14-2005, 04:20 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hee! Daniel in costume (the first time around) was great! I didn't recognize him at all and I wish I had have taped it now so I could rewatch it with the knowledge

I'm liking this show a little better - Kate as well. She's just so different from Marcia and it's very refreshing (just like vanilla coke... Lordy, anyone else getting brainwashed or is it just me?).

The tantrum thrower last night was amusing for the pink shirt comment, I agree. But after that she was a horrible baby. Yeesh. I liked John's little spat, "Stupid little bitch", LOL. I didn't expect that to be aired, how funny!

The last group they had tonight were really good. I liked them.
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 02-14-2005, 10:56 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Jen -
so does Aussie Idol...

they audition people outside, and then send a variety of awesome/ok/bad people to audition in front of the judges...
Yeah, they've gotta cut down the numbers somehow. If they let everyone go through to perform for the judges then it'd take too long to get through them all. Kinda sucks coz I'm sure plenty of good singers miss out on a chance because they sent some nutter through instead. But that's just the way these shows work.

Carly, I didn't pick Dan the first time either.

I loved that short old guy who didn't get through and then acted all upset and was about to collapse onto the desk in tears....then Holden was like, "Are you playing us?" and the dude started laughing.

Well the more interesting stuff should start happening in next week's eps, now that the auditions are over.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:55 AM
Elite Fan

Did anybody else remember Shahde from Idol this year? (she was the one in the family group of 5 or 6 who they singled out) I was surprised that Mark didn't....
Old 02-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Dedicated Fan

I *thought* that girl looked familiar, Kylie! I remember her but I don't if that makes any sense. How far did she get during Idol?
Neighbours|Official Idol Geek™|Sidekick #194
Old 02-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think she got cut in the first round after the auditions

Somebody recognized her at the cosima forum as well, and they found that she has a solo album out already... released last year or something..
Old 02-15-2005, 04:58 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee

I loved that short old guy who didn't get through and then acted all upset and was about to collapse onto the desk in tears....then Holden was like, "Are you playing us?" and the dude started laughing.

r.
heh, that guy was funny

whats the format from now on ??
Old 02-15-2005, 06:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by p&j =true luv
and they found that she has a solo album out already... released last year or something..
If she's already got a solo album, then I wonder why her father was getting so ****ty about her going solo?

Quote:
whats the format from now on ??
Lockdown
Once the nationwide auditions are complete, each judge will discover which category they will be mentoring. It’s now war between the three judges! Each judge will secretly assemble a team of experts to help decide who has what it takes and who doesn’t. Vocal coaches, stylists and other industry professionals may all be called upon by the judges to give their finalists a competitive edge against contestants from the other two categories. The competition now becomes a battle of judge against judge. At the end of the two-day Lockdown, each judge will have to cut their acts down from approximately 30 contenders to just five.

Master Class
After making it through the rigours of Lockdown, the judges will each take their group of five contestants to a location of their choice for some intense one on one mentoring, and a taste of what their future lifestyle could be. At the end of Master Class, each judge will have to make the tough choice of eliminating a further two contestants, leaving just three finalists in each category to perform at the live arena shows.

Live Arena Performance Shows – Sunday nights
Only three acts from each category remain at this stage. Every Sunday night, each act will perform in front of a live audience and give everything they’ve got, hoping to reach the Grand Finale and a shot at a lucrative recording contract. The battle lines are now drawn - it’s artist versus artist, judge versus judge.

Live Arena Elimination Shows - Monday nights
After the Sunday night performance shows, the Australian public will have 24 hours to vote for their favourite act. On Monday nights, after the voting lines are closed, the two acts with the least number of votes will have to perform again, and then the three judges must decide who should go. This is where a new layer of drama unfolds, as the judges fight to keep their acts in the competition.

Grand Finale
In our Grand Finale, live from Melbourne, the remaining two acts do battle for the right to claim that they, above all others, have The X Factor. For the judges, it’s the ultimate report card, as their personal efforts to push their talented charges to the top, result in a share of the spotlight or personal defeat!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I knew AI did it too because my cousin went for that too it's pointless going for it if they're not letting you go ahead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phee
Kinda sucks coz I'm sure plenty of good singers miss out on a chance because they sent some nutter through instead. But that's just the way these shows work.
It does suck
Old 02-21-2005, 10:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

I can't believe Kate has still got that rapper dude with the rediculous fro. He can't sing to save his life! I didn't see if her boy toy Timmy got through, but he can't sing either and I can't believe he even got this far.

And what was with Mark keeping that Biatch duo instead of the other group, whatsthernames, Bopra? Now admitedly, Bopra probably weren't ever gonna win just because of their style, but they sing about a billion times better than Biatch. And I shouldn't be surprised, but it sucks that he hasn't given the beat boxers the boot yet.

Sometimes I wonder what the judges are on. At least John Reid seems to be making sensible choices so far. I love that he's still got the old guy there. That guy's a champ!