Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-30-2009, 06:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Real World/Road Rules Challenge: The Duel 2 [Weds. at 10pm/9c on MTV] #2

New thread

We'll that challenge was quite entertaining Poor Katie & Eric. They didn't even get to attempt the puzzle. If Evan doesn't want to go into the Duel, he needs to try harder and win. If not, he needs to realize he's just as vulnerable for the Duel as everyone else who didn't win.

Looks like next week is where we see the Tori & Brad drama.

Last edited by Aaron2005; 04-30-2009 at 07:26 PM
Old 04-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Loyal Fan

I know he should stop complaining and just kick ass and takes names and stop being a little baby about it. This is the duel. You're gonna have to duel. Deal with it!!
Old 04-30-2009, 10:13 PM
Master Fan

Shall be interesting
Old 04-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Supreme Fan

I really can't stand Evan's holier than thou attitude!!! He is terrible
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 PM
Loyal Fan

Seriously. He hasn't even been around that long soo.. he should stop trying to take control.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 AM
Elite Fan

I don't see how Evan is trying to take control, honestly? He had an alliance with Paula, but she kind of went against her word with him. So, if I were him...I would have done the same thing too and not voted for her. He's a smart, strong player, and he's proved twice now that he deserves to be there.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by **SuperGirl** (View Post)
I don't see how Evan is trying to take control, honestly? He had an alliance with Paula, but she kind of went against her word with him. So, if I were him...I would have done the same thing too and not voted for her. He's a smart, strong player, and he's proved twice now that he deserves to be there.
THIS

I think Evan has proven not once but twice that he is a strong competitor and it seems people are hating on him for that. Remember how Evan was saying everyone kept coming to him for advice or what ever. I never understood that btw lol but I dont see Evan trying to take control either. I think people are just seeing things really. And was that Paula laughing with Evan? She is so wishy washy lol

I'm sad to see Katie go though. She is pure entertainment to me. Rachel and Jen are ummm....yeah lol

Britni and Landon are scary people should start gunning for those 2 but I'm so proud of them because its Britni's first and Landon has only been in 2 other challenges. I'm seriously rooting for those 2 and Brad/Tori and Evan now.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:22 AM
Supreme Fan

From my understanding, Evan is trying to work both sides of the house. He is trig to manipulate the house. He wants to be with the "strong alliance", but still try and cut deals with the other half of the house to ensure his safety, and because he is a little paranoid.

I'm not saying that is a bad strategy, just don't get caught. He is telling both sides that they are his #1 alliance, which is why he always picked last in the "strong alliance" (Landon, Mark, Brad, MJ) and being called out by the other half (Davis, Nehemiah) because no one believes him.

Also, I can't stand Evan for the fact that he assumes he is better than everyone and thinks he has EARNED the right to not be called into the Duel. The whole point of the duel is to call in whomever you want. whether you think you can beat them, want to try and take out a "strong competitor" or as Evan would say "buy your own plane ticket home" It's their prerogative on who they want to call in, and he is being a little B**** about everything.

I also hate how he keeps saying when he gets a physical duel he is going to send someone to the hospital. I'd like to see him send MJ, Landon, Brad or Easy to the hospital. (I think Evan and Mark might be an even match up)
Old 05-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
he assumes he is better than everyone and thinks he has EARNED the right to not be called into the Duel. The whole point of the duel is to call in whomever you want. whether you think you can beat them, want to try and take out a "strong competitor" or as Evan would say "buy your own plane ticket home" It's their prerogative on who they want to call in, and he is being a little B**** about everything.
this is exactly what i was going to say. it's not that i'm "hating" on him, but if you're going to be called into the duel then do it.
how is he not taking control? the first episode he wrote out a list of the people to call and who would call who.
I would be considering him a strong player as well if he wasn't playing both sides.
It's a good thing that he is proving that he should be there but the fact is, he's complaining that he even has to...
Old 05-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Addicted Fan

^IA. I don't really have problem with Evan except for the fact that he seems to think that no one should dare call him into the Duel. No one has "earned" the right to not be called in unless they win the challenge.

The person that really annoys me though is Dunbar. I didn't like how he was all "Nehemiah's weird" "I want to get rid of him". I think he has that "How dare someone call me in" attitude as well and he definitely hasn't proven himself in any challenge. Last season, he miraculously got a key and got into the inner circle based on nothing. And I find it ironic that last week Nehemiah saved Paula (for no reason) thinking she had his back and this week (of course) she has the choice between Dunbar and him and she picks Dunbar. Someone really needs to get rid of him.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Well, if they other players want to talk about respect, then they really don't have any room to talk. Because I remember last season (or maybe it was the one before it), Ryan was whinning that all the guys kept calling him in because he was "weaker". Sure, they have the right to do it. But these guys aren't calling Evan in because they think they can beat him. It's personal.

Evan isn't playing all sides, he's made it clear to everyone who he is loyal to, and has kept no secret about it. Hense the whole issue with him having a problem with Paula picking Dunbar.

On a side note, I was sad to see Katie go. It will be interesting to see who Eric will pick now.

Join the John Mayer campaign!
Old 05-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Supreme Fan

Paula said herself that Evan was trying to play both sides!

It isn't personal either!!!! Davis and Nehemiah stated that they wanted to take out a strong player. Some people have different reasons to pull people into the duel. Like I said earlier, "whether you think you can beat them, want to try and take out a "strong competitor" or as Evan would say "buy your own plane ticket home" It's their prerogative on who they want to call in"

If you have someone, like Davis or Nehemiah, who are considered weak players, what better way to prove yourself than by taking out a strong player, and Evan is one of he "strongest" players. He talks a lot and to a lot of different people. He is also physically strong, and clearly doesn't do well under pressure Therefore, he would be a good option for going after a strong competitor.
Old 05-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Elite Fan

IDK...my beef with Evan is that he thinks he's entitled...I just want to see someone humble and different to win...like Ruthie, or MJ (though I don't like him, he has a new born baby he can really use that money for). I hate how it's the same damn mofos all the time.
It’s the grandest gesture anyone has ever made for me in my life.

Last edited by Beautiful Blur; 05-01-2009 at 07:01 PM
Old 05-02-2009, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

But if people are coming after you wouldn't you want people to be intimiating to you? IDK I just dont see how Evan is being all mighty. Compared to Johnny from the island especially. IMO I'd gloat a bit if 2 people decided they wanted to take me out and I end up winning both times

Did you see the preview of Evan and Diem? LMAO How stupid is she to say "You're going to the dual." I don't blame him for dropping her because he might as well rest his arms
Old 05-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Addicted Fan

^But the difference is Evan was being douchey and conniving before people were coming after him. But personally I don't blame Evan. I think both Davis and Nehemiah were dumb for thinking that taking out Evan would make a statement. Taking out Brad or Landon or MJ or ANY OF THE GUYS THAT GET CALLED IN THE BEGINNING would be a statement. Evan's always middle of the pack.