Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2018, 02:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

At this point, I feel we all just need to move forward and if someone is having an issue with something that is occurring in the thread, please send a PM to either myself or Jessica (very close talking) and we will deal with your concerns privately rather than in the thread.

This is the final note on the subject, please continue to post your comments/opinions on the show itself so we can all move forward. IF this continues, we may have to resort to closing the thread and that is not something any of us want at all.

In other BB news!

Quote:
During tonight's broadcast show the rules for the country fair HoH competition were repeated. However the rules were stated that you need to keep at least 1 foot on the disc at all times.. It's clear that Tyler should have been disqualified and the second person out of the competition (before Sam) when his feet were completely off the disc for 1/2 a revolution at 11:03PM BBT while he tried to regain his balance. Haleigh actually won the competition according to the rules.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Hmm, if those were the rules and BB didn’t catch it, then that sucks for Haleigh. I’m really surprised BB didn’t catch it. But then again, maybe I shouldn’t be because they didn’t catch Swaggy touching his surfboard in the first comp, either.

It’s not as easy as just handing down HOH to second place in an endurance comp, because if Tyler was off, then perhaps someone like Brett may have held on longer. Or Kaycee. Maybe Haleigh doesn’t try as hard because she feels like Brett would keep her safe. I don’t know. Too many variables. It’s just impossible to say that the fall-off order would be the exact same.

It sucks, but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done at this point since noms and Veto have already happened. It’s like a missed call in a football game: If you don’t catch it prior to the next play being run, it’s too late to backtrack. I think the only way they could do it is to have a “reset twist” week, but that was a pretty lame twist in BB16. Although then they could have 2 double evictions, which we know they love. They could also give whomever is evicted this week runner-up prize money. I know that’s what they have done in Survivor seasons where there have been competition errors.

I followed the rules link, and I guess I’m kind of confused on if those were explicitly stated rules or if they were just saying in the DR that they’d be out if their feet slipped off. I don’t know. But holding on above the platform with no feet would actually be harder, so . . . I don’t know, I saw someone posting on Reddit about the “spirit of the rule” and how, if the way you held on makes it harder, then that’s harder than letting your feet dangle below, so as long as it’s something that didn’t make it easier, it’s less of a controversy. If that was indeed a fully articulated rule, then someone should have caught that, because the players are all in the moment trying not to fall. It’s not up to any of them to referee when they’re in the middle of competing.

In other news, I also heard that the more recent JC N-word instance was actually him saying “Snickers” because they were talking about candy, but his accent kind of made it hard to understand. Don’t know if that’s true or not, but there you go.
ICON
Old 09-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If it was really something people were arguing over in the house, then there should be a new HOH between Tyler and Haleigh IMO, but its up to BB to catch it during, and they didn't.

Quote:
It sucks, but I don’t think there’s anything that can be done at this point since noms and Veto have already happened
I agree. Unless called out at the time, I think it's too late.

Quote:
But holding on above the platform with no feet would actually be harder, so
I thought that as well, he was holding all his body weight.

I also felt like the having one foot on the disc at all times was more so they couldn't sit on it.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah, I mean, I guess I don’t know how specific the rules were. Was it more like “keep your feet on it so you don’t sit your butt on it” or “keep your feet on it or else.”

I remember in BB16 when they proclaimed Cody the new HOH but then reviewed the tape and gave it to Devon right afterward, but that was an HOH comp with a clear-cut finish. The problem with an endurance HOH comp is that there is no finish. So like I said, there are too many variables at play in who would be second, third, etc. based on who might still be up there at the time and who might have already fallen. It’s a lot more complicated than a start/finish comp.

I think BB is just gonna have to own up to this and admit they screwed up. Survivor has done it. (They could “ensure” that whomever gets evicted this week gets America’s Favorite Houseguest, too.)
ICON
Old 09-03-2018, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It doesn't even seem like the houseguests themselves are even aware of this snafu, it's more the live feed watchers who reviewed tape and saw it.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:35 PM
Fan Forum Star

Haleigh did better than you "thought" Seriously? Haleigh is a great competitor. She won the hacker. She won the HOH. She SHOULD HAVE WON the last HOH because Tyler cheated and had both feet off of his platform which is strictly in the rules. She was robbed of that win. She would have probably won OTEV if Rockstar hadnt given Tyler the answer. He also cheated there by leaving his pad after he was already locked in. But regardless, she was 3rd. She's been at the top in multiple competitions. So to say you are surprised is just blasphemy because shes a hell of a better competitor than some of the people there.

And i dont care if someone doesnt like my negative comments. Im not personally attacking anyone here and I can say what i want about the show and the contestants. Like Millie said, if you dont agree with what I am saying then simply dont comment on it, its that simple. If you are dragging yourself into drama, thats not on me.

Quote:
I don’t think anyone’s trying to censor anyone’s opinion here
Thats exactly what you are doing and now you are harping on me for writing long paragraphs? Seriously? Why dont you just stop reading my posts all together April. Why dont you do that if it bothers you so much.

Quote:
(funny since we never agreed last year, except wanting Paul to lose)
I know. But Thank God you agree with me because I thought I was going insane in here with all the Tyler love.

The episode was horrible. First of all, Scottie spinning out of control SUCKED. Like absolutely sucked. He would have done well if that hadn’t of happened.

I AM SO PROUD OF MY BB HALEIGH FOR GETTING AS FAR AS SHE DID. She got hit so fricking hard by that pie when Tyler was barely tapped. Man, watching that live was so disappointing. Her winning HOH was my last hope. I’m very upset. And F Sam for being such a horrible person. I cant stand her. Her unnecessary hate for Haleigh is so annoying. I LOVED when Haleigh passive aggressively was like "YEAH TYLER, LETS GO TYLER" to make fun of her because it was just annoying.

BTW Tyler shouldn't have won that. His feet were off the dang platform! Fricking CBS rigging everything for this dude, I swear.

Tyler nominating Haleigh and Scottie…
PRETENDS TO BE SHOCKED.

Not shocked at all. Sure it makes sense for his game but little does he know that Scottie actually likes him a lot and wants to work with him. He’d be smarter sending Haleigh home at this point but I think they all see Scottie as a threat. Wish Scottie got a week of safety but I’d rather see him go than see Haleigh go.

Again, Tyler sucks as a player too because Haleigh asked him to be honest with her prior to the nominations and he kept saying he didn’t know what he was going to do. She was frustrated afterwards that he didn’t just tell her the truth. Then he tells Scottie he is a pawn too... Such poor jury management. So so poor. Tyler, why are you doing this unnecessary stuff? And his DR’s are getting super cocky and its really driving me insane. I cant stand his annoying voice in those. He's really starting to get onto my hate list.

I’m glad they aired the Kayceee stuff so we can learn more about her. I may be forced to root for her after Haleigh goes. She needs to start winning some more comps and I definitely will. She has the best jury management of L6 thus far.

TOO MUCH EFFING JC. Way too much. He does all this disgusting stuff and people are pissed off and they refuse to kick him off the show, which is one thing, but then on top of that, they give him a great edit? WHY? Why are they doing this? Its so annoying and frustrating. God I cant wait for the day he sees the block, I am living for it.

Tyler and Angela are getting sloppy. Angela spent the whole night with Tyler, they kissed and JC and Brett now both know they are 100% in a showmance and are talking of targeting Angela/Kaycee after Haleigh. Love it.

Last edited by Alexa; 09-03-2018 at 04:53 PM
Old 09-03-2018, 04:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
First of all, Scottie spinning out of control SUCKED.
That was so weird, it was like someone took his rope and spun it for him!

I do wonder if the house will flip the vote and vote out Haleigh because she is a strong competitor.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm still pisseda bout this:

The rules state one foot has to be on the platform. Kaycee said it in the dR and past contestants said it during the same competition. Even Tyler said on the feeds he should have lost and JC agreed it was in the rules.

In BBCAN when Emmett cheated, the next day he got his HOH stripped from him. CBS should at the very least let Scottie and Haleigh stay safe and still do a "double" elimination and get rid of 2 people on Thursday.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well if BB caught it before everything likes noms happened I'm sure they would have changed it, but it's up to BB.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I thought they just couldn’t sit down (which is how Kaycee got out), but I wasn’t paying that close attention, so I might have missed the exact rules.

That sucks that it wasn’t caught before, but like Millie said, noms and Veto have already been played, so... Tyler can’t play in the HOH next week, but maybe they could have it where he can’t play again the next week, or play in the next Veto, if he’s not nominated. Sometimes, they just let these things go, if they don’t catch them at the time. It’s happened on Survivor before, and sometimes, you just have to let things go...

LAST TIME I AM GOING TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT THIS: Let’s please stop the bashing & negative comments toward each other. If you don’t like something in a post, please just pass by it. If you’re able to discuss part of a post civilly, please feel free to comment on it. Again, WE ALL HAVE OUR OWN OPINIONS, WHICH ARE NEITHER RIGHT NOR WRONG! People are going to agree or disagree with you. NOBODY IS WRONG! Let’s just move on from this now, please? Thanks, everyone!

Aaron Tveit is Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
Old 09-03-2018, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I thought they just couldn’t sit down (which is how Kaycee got out), but I wasn’t paying that close attention, so I might have missed the exact rules.
That's my understanding, I felt the foot on disc was more about not sitting on your butt!

Thanks for the added note Jessica. I think we're past it now and just enjoy Big Brother and share your thoughts/opinions respectfully like we always have.

SPOILER CONTAINS INFO ON WHO ARE THE HAVE-NOTS
Spoiler:
Old 09-03-2018, 06:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

I hope JC gets targeted soon/gets put on the block. Is he the only one left who hasn’t been on the block?

Old 09-03-2018, 06:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I would love to see him back doored if not this week then next I mean JC has not and will likely not win anything!
Old 09-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Carrie Underwood

Hopefully, he won’t convince/persuade someone to not put him up like he did with Sam when she almost put him on the block...

Old 09-03-2018, 06:35 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think they see JC as the swing vote, because in the past they always tried to make it look like it was Scottie that flipped when it was JC.