Old 02-03-2003, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

Are they supposed to stand in line or something? [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 01:19 PM
Addicted Fan

no i like to surprise spank [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 02-13-2003, 10:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

Recently, I finally got ep 1 on vid. Saw it for the first time since it's original screening in Ireland. Gives me a different perspective on things to see it again after so long. Not just a different perspective on ep 1, but on the whole of Popular.

(Funny thing, I'd mistakenly remembered Sam as interviewing Brooke with a microphone in ep 1 -glad I got that sraightened out.)

I've previously mentioned that season 2 had Sam as less central. It also had a far less deft sense of humor. More importantly than the latter, the characters were written as less real and what happened to them came across less meaningful. It was impossible to feel as much for season 2 as for season 1.

I remember when I first saw ep 23, the first ep of season 2. "Majorly disappointed" is putting it mildly. "Horrified" would be more to the point. Sam was secondary and the quality and sense of true emotional intensity had dropped way down. Why did Popular get cancelled? Because season 2 wasn't Popular, not Popular as season 1 had defined it.

Ep 1, on the other hand, is the best of season 1, the best of Popular. Alive and energetic. Carly in it was
supremely alive and energetic, plus incredibly deft, glowing. Ep 1 now replaces ep 3 as my fave Popular episode.

[ 02-16-2003: Message edited sum1 ]
Old 02-20-2003, 12:05 AM
Part-Time Fan

Caged (locked in the Novak)
Queen B. (homecoming queen race)
Truth or Consequences (food fight)
Season 2 Christmas (Harrison wishes he was never born)

Well you were there, you saw how much it counts.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:54 AM
Elite Fan

The Christmas episodes of both seasons.
Old 02-27-2003, 01:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by underdawg:
<STRONG>Caged (locked in the Novak)
Queen B. (homecoming queen race)
Truth or Consequences (food fight)
Season 2 Christmas (Harrison wishes he was never born)</STRONG>
Caged was cool -talk to Sandi about it! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

Queen B and Truth or Consequences are from the earlier stuff. I love the earlir stuff. Particularly like Carly's graveside scene in Queen B.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:48 PM
Addicted Fan

Caged Ruled! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

i just recently watched "Queen B". Thats such a great scene...such emotion!
Old 02-27-2003, 04:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

oh, i could go on forever about Caged. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Some of my favorite moments (i'll post more later.. btw, these are from memory so if they're wrong I apologize):

Mary Cherry: Girls, it's time to kick some unpopular ass and take some prisoners!
Brooke: This feud has lasted over six months now, and I'm all outta talk.
Mary Cherry: Okay, I skipped fourth period, and got us girl-gang leather jackets. My personal tailor, Eduardo, stiched our names on the back, for style slash unity purposes.

Lily: You guys, stop fighting, we have more important things to discuss.. like oxygen deprivation.
Carmen: What? No, don't joke about that, I feel claustrophobic.
Lily: I'm not joking, by 6:00 we'll pretty much run out of O2 and suffocate.
Carmen: Oh - oh my god.
Sam (in the background) Carm, calm down. Lily!
Brooke: Guys, somebody's gonna come?
Mary Cherry: Oh my gawd, ya'll! This is just like that movie Alive, where, where rational people, abandoned in nature, go mad with hunger and eat each other like lust-crazed cannibals. And my blood-sugar's plummetin' by the minute.
Nicole: Well FYI kids, if I gotta munch-a-bunch on any of these birkenstock wearers I'm gonna need a lotta tabasco, which we don't have.
Mary Cherry (whips out a bottle of tabasco sauce from her purse): How you dooooing' Carm?

Old 02-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] ahh i gotta go find that episode!!
Old 02-27-2003, 11:00 PM
Part-Time Fan

Brooke: Sam, it seems to me that the boys are afraid of us cause we're menstruating, and thus, in their sexist little eyes, we couldn't possibly have a rational calm lunch hour.
Sam: Well, then we're just gonna have to prove them wrong, right?
Brooke: Yes we will. (Brooke notices Sam is wearing a bracelet of hers) Is that my bracelet?
Sam: Oh (tries to hide it)
Brooke: That's my bracelet Sam, that's my favorite bracelet, my *mother* gave me that bracelet, you didn't ask me if you could wear that bracelet!
Sugar: Dear mother of god, please let this end.
Sam: Brooke just chill out, okay.. it was in the drawer, I put it on, it's no big deal.
Brooke: No wonder you stole it, it is after all the exact same color of the hula skirt of your dreams, right Sammy? Uh huh.
Sam: You read my diary?!
Brooke: Yup.
Sam: So much for boundaries, huh Brooke?! Unbelievable! Ummm, Brooke... if you could "make it" with any of the Backstreet Boys, who would it be?
Brooke: Ugh, you had no right to rifle through my secrets.
Nicole: Ugh, what'd she do now?
Brooke: Stole my diary.
Sam: She stole my diary!
Lily: Nice fur, Mary Cherry. You freak.
Mary Cherry: Yeah, uh.. lil Lily? I'd be glad to stop wearing anally-electrocuted mink if only you'd be so kind as to skin your legs and present them to me, as a gift.
Nicole: Yeah, uh speaking of grooming Carm, there's this new invention, it's called leave-in conditioner, just a small dallup on your palm, rub it in, it's real simple hun.

Old 02-28-2003, 01:18 AM
Addicted Fan

[img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] this is all from memory??
Old 02-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandi_aka_Pezzy:
<STRONG> [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] this is all from memory??</STRONG>
haha, yeah.. i kno right. i've watched this episode so many times, i can probably recite the entire thing out loud. it's the best episode ever of Popular. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

so on to some more quotes:

(Sam spots Mary Cherry spelling out the word 'Help' with tampons on the floor of the Novak)

Sam: Mary Cherry, what the hell are you doing?
Mary Cherry: Ya'll it's our only hope. If a government spy plane, with x-ray spy vision should fly overhead and see our plea they might come save us. Otherwise, *we're gonna die in here!*
Lily: The only thing we're gonna die from is boredom.
Carmen: Well, is anyone up for a game of Truth or Dare? (side note from me: duh, Carm.. lol)
Nicole: Oooh, how bout just truth. I mean I forgot, I've got a secret burning a hole in my pocket... six secrets to be exact.
Lily: You stole the Hester Prynne secret slips?? Nicole that's totally out of line!
Mary Cherry: Oh shut up complainer! This is a reason to go on livin'!
Nicole: Anybody game? I mean, as long as we're gonna die in here we might as well go to the grave with a clear conscience.

Nicole: Okay, the secrets are, in order: They call me quack, I've questioned my sexuality, I did it again, I made out with Josh Ford, I'm dating Josh Ford and uh, last but not least.. I went shopping with Gwyneth.
Brooke: Wait, two people here are involved with Josh.. since when?
Sam: What do you care, frigid one, you dumped him?

Nicole: Uh huh, if that's true cupcake then why would Josh lock you in here today? For once in your life, you're right Carmen. You are unworthy. Josh would *never* go out with anyone like you. Okay, she made that up. Now, on to my secret, no big surprise here.. I went shopping with Gwyneth.
Mary Cherry: It's not fair! Everyone else's secrets are so much sexier than mine.
Carmen: Nicole.. you, pathetic little liar. Gwyneth is not your secret... I know what your secret is.
Nicole: I repeat.. I went shopping with Gwyneth. I saw her at Jimmy Choo's and we fought over the last slingbacks and I said, 'take it hun, I saw Hush last night and just consider this a gesture of pity.'
Carmen: It's you I pity. Josh talks to me.. member? He tells me his hopes, and mistakes.. so the way I see it is.. you've got two options, hun. Either you spill... or I'm gonna do it for you.
Nicole: Okay, I slept with Josh.
*SHOCK* lol

Brooke: How could you do this to me, you're supposed to be my *best friend*?
Nicole: You wanna know the truth?
Brooke: Yeah, yeah I do, come on, bring it on *backstabber*
Nicole: I did it because I am tired of being *second place* in your sweeptakes sweep all the time. I did it because for once it didn't have to be all about Brookie! I'm not gonna apologize for steppin' outta your shadow! And you know what else? It was gooood.
Brooke: You BITCH!
(fighting ensues)

anyway, that's all i can do for now.. have to get back to class. (math, it sucks and i hate it, lol) later.

Old 03-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Extreme Fan

The one when all the girls stuck in the bathroom ... That ep was hilarious [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

They got a really fancy bathroom there [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]...
Old 03-01-2003, 09:21 PM
Addicted Fan

yup..thats Caged [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

yeah i wish the bathroom in my highschool was like that! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

[ 03-01-2003: Message edited Sandi_aka_Pezzy ]
Old 03-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Another Caged fan! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]