Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-25-2004, 04:07 PM
Moderator Manager

when are you graduating?

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 09-26-2004, 03:19 AM
Elite Fan

Well I had been aiming for this December, but I have so much other stuff going on in my life that I decided to back off on the course load, so this spring it's looking like.

"Naya's my girl." - Heather Morris

|| Naya Rivera and Heather Morris Board Campaigns||Live Journal||Tumblr||
Old 09-26-2004, 01:15 PM
Moderator Manager

that's good then! and then the real world beckons.

Old 09-27-2004, 01:53 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh, don't say that! The real world scares me

Old 09-27-2004, 09:34 AM
Moderator Manager

nah. its scary the first 6 months. but you'll get used to it.

Old 09-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Elite Fan

I don't know about six months, that seems awfully fast

Old 09-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by L i N d $ @ y
jens: welcome back! were you able to watch the beijing quali?

cas: i hate math! not really my subject back in college. but i passed all my management classes and struggled with accounting & law.
Hi there Lindsay
Yeah I saw only the lap of that last driver. "I really wonder who he was." That guy was first long time offtrack then very slow ontrack. Wasnt that; Yes, Omg! he was Michael!

Cas: At friday we have a examination paper in math and I have so much to learn. I feel slowly like .

Yeah the real world scares sometimes and thats why I went back to school! Question is how long.

I was yesterday in Colleteral and wow Tom was bad as cool!
Old 09-28-2004, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

New discussion topic: Roswell

One of my favorite shows. People say it was totally messed up by the end. I disagree. Some things could have been managed better, but I like all three seasons.

Favorite characters: Michael and then Liz. Also particularly like Sean and Jesse. I like Alex and Jim a lot and I like (with some mixed feelings) Max, Maria and Kyle. I dislike Isabel and loathe Tess. Michael's dupe, Rath, was dead cool.

Ships: I can find fault with any of the ships, but I like Max/Liz, Michael/Maria and Liz/Sean (I actually think Sean would have been better for Liz than Max, had she given him a real chance and quit obsessing about spaceboy). I abominate Max/Tess.

Episodes: There are plenty good ones, but some that come to mind offhand are Summer of '47, The End of the World, Meet the Dupes (Rath!), The Departure.

Brendan Fehr made Michael both the most alien and the most human of the aliens. Brendan's a bloody brilliant actor. Complete with his own super-distinctive style. Shiri gave Liz deep humanity, making her very easy to identify with, and a quiet solid strength. Those two actors were absolutely crucial to the depth and quality of the show.
Old 09-29-2004, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

And see, I was the opposite, I couldn't stand the third season. I hated Jesse with a fiery passion, especially after they married him and Isabel off. They kill Alex, who was a perfect fit for Isabel, and then bring Jesse on to replace him. Ugh.

Old 09-29-2004, 02:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally posted by Casandra
And see, I was the opposite, I couldn't stand the third season. I hated Jesse with a fiery passion, especially after they married him and Isabel off. They kill Alex, who was a perfect fit for Isabel, and then bring Jesse on to replace him. Ugh.
Alex's death wasn't Jesse's fault. People hating Jesse because he wasn't Alex doesn't make sense to me. And Jesse should be taken as a character in his own right, not just as relevant to his relationship with Isabel. And I don't think either Alex or Jesse were a perfect fit for Isabel. I think somebody'd have to have something wrong with them to be a perfect for Isabel. No wonder she was so into Kivar...
Old 09-29-2004, 04:01 PM
Fan Forum Star

Never seen Roswell, except for a couple of snippets. In some kind of diner, as I recall.

I did like how in the opening credits, they had the names of the actors playing the aliens morph from alien script.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:30 AM
Elite Fan

Well I didn't exactly BLAME Jesse for Alex's death. I just didn't like how they brought him in to replace Alex. I just didn't feel he fit with the rest of the cast well. Don't know why exactly. But I'm not a fan of him on CSO Miami either.

Old 10-01-2004, 03:34 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Well I didn't exactly BLAME Jesse for Alex's death. I just didn't like how they brought him in to replace Alex. I just didn't feel he fit with the rest of the cast well. Don't know why exactly. But I'm not a fan of him on CSO Miami either.
They didn't bring him in to replace Alex. They brought him in to be Isabel's love interest. And in season 2, she'd only begun to really be involved with Alex just before he got killed, she spent much of the season being into Sorensen. Was Isabel supposed to remain forever uninvolved after Alex's death, just because she used to be sorta-involved with him?

And I think Adam Rodriguez fit fine with the rest of the cast. Better than Katherine Hiegl and Emile DeRavin, anyway. Far as I'm concerned, those two failed to give their characters sufficient depth of sympathetic humanity (even Tess was supposed to have some) and the show would have been significantly better with other actresses in the parts. Adam, while not given a lot to do on Roswell, always gives a human feel to his characters, even if it's sometimes on the quiet subtle side. Reminds me of Seth Green's portrayal of Oz. As for CSI Miami, I find Adam the most easy to relate to cast member out of either CSI show. I'm very glad he was brought into Roswell and I wish he'd been given more to do on the show.
Old 10-01-2004, 04:18 AM
Elite Fan

Ahh, but Alex and Isabel were together at the end of the first season. And then when the pod squad went on the run after they killed the FBI special agent they broke up with all their SO's. The reconciliation happened in Season 2

Anyway, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because I for one have been quite the fan of Kate Heigl for a while now

Old 10-01-2004, 05:04 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ahh, but Alex and Isabel were together at the end of the first season. And then when the pod squad went on the run after they killed the FBI special agent they broke up with all their SO's. The reconciliation happened in Season 2

Anyway, I guess we're just going to have to agree to disagree, because I for one have been quite the fan of Kate Heigl for a while now
Isabel never let Alex be too involved with her until later season 2. And even if she had, it wouldn't be relevant. Point is, Jesse's season 3 was preceded by a season in which Isabel was involved more with somebody OTHER than Alex than with Alex (Isabel's involvement with Sorensen). So it's hardly a simple case of Jesse replacing Alex. And like I said, was Isabel supposed to remain single for the rest of her life (after Alex's death) just because of her involvement with Alex? I think it was perfectly reasonable for her to hook up with somebody else in season 3. I think your issue should be more with Alex being killed (which is the fault of the writers/showrunners and Tess) than with Jesse. Frankly, I think Jesse effectively gets scapegoated for Alex being killed and gone from the show.

Anyway, personally I'm interested in Jesse as a character in his own right. I much rather he weren't involved with Isabel at all and was linked to the group for other reasons, because I don't think Isabel (as portrayed by Heigl) was good enough for him.

As for Katherine Heigl fandom, well, I have to admit, I haven't ever seen a performance of hers I haven't disliked.

Last edited by sum1; 10-01-2004 at 05:11 AM