Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2015, 03:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Agree with every word there.

Kilgrave has been nothing but annoying to me so far, it's too cartoonish the way he goes around bossing people for his amusement, it doesn't really convey the psycho-able-to-do-anything perspective to me.

With Fisk I literally get chills if he so much stares at someone for a few seconds too much.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastainღ (View Post)
Agree with every word there.

Kilgrave has been nothing but annoying to me so far, it's too cartoonish the way he goes around bossing people for his amusement, it doesn't really convey the psycho-able-to-do-anything perspective to me.

With Fisk I literally get chills if he so much stares at someone for a few seconds too much.
Oh God yes. I still remember that scene where Ben finds him in his house, I was like why are you even talking to him? You must call the police or throw him out! He's creepy as hell, I'm surprised Vanessa feels comfortable around him lol. It helps that Vincent was creepy as hell in Full Metal Jacket too - I'd actually seen that movie a few days before I started DD, I thought it was a very fitting casting when I saw him as Fisk.
Old 11-29-2015, 03:30 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And YES! My heart was beating so fast when Fisk was at Ben's office, I just kept telling myself 'ok, this is a warning, he's gonna scare the sht out of Ben or try to buy him off' but deep down I just knew Ben was definitely a goner.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Speaking of Villains, I've seen lots of people saying Kilgrave is way better than the Kingpin, and I'm halfway through Jessica Jones thinking WHERE? Nope, not a chance. Maybe it's David Tennant's charisma that's blinding people, but Kilgrave is downright annoying and pretty much a caricature.

In the matter of best villain, Fisk takes the prize.

His ill intent speech alone is better than all of Kilgrave's scenes I've seen so far.
I'm in the minority here because I do like Kilgrave more than Kingpin as a villain. I guess Kingpin is the more effective villain because he's large scale in his ambitions but imo, Kilgrave is more terrifying.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 11-30-2015, 01:35 AM
Master Fan

I'm pretty scared by both, with Kilgrave it's more subtle because if you don't know who he is you don't fear him for a second and besides he doesn't even need to touch you. I'd often think while watching that we were lucky he wasn't after world domination or anything like it. At the same time the fact that his desires were quite petty and childish made you loathe him. But he was great to watch, as hateful as he was. David was outstanding.

Joining anyone who wants Fisk in season 2. But I also don't want him in it? my heart still aches for Elena and Ben!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd be fine with him showing up just around the end, hopefully all cleaned up and more powerful than ever, to pose a new threat for DD on Season 3.
Old 12-01-2015, 11:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I like that idea.

Quote:
And YES! My heart was beating so fast when Fisk was at Ben's office, I just kept telling myself 'ok, this is a warning, he's gonna scare the sht out of Ben or try to buy him off' but deep down I just knew Ben was definitely a goner.
Me, too.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

It's almost time for a new thread, any title ideas?
Old 12-04-2015, 12:56 AM
Moderator Manager

Some of his lines on the show is all I can think of.

"I want to make this city, something better than it is, something beautiful."
"I'm just a man with a dream."
"Problems are just opportunities that haven't presented themselves."
"Young man, life is not a fairy tale. Not everyone deserves a happy ending."

Quote:
We were lucky enough to have Vincent D’Onofrio (Jurassic Park, Marvel’s Daredevil, Law & Order, Full Metal Jacket) make an appearance at the museum over the weekend. He’s doing some training at Motorcycle Training Solutions (located on our lower level) for his upcoming role in the movie CHiPs where he will be cast as the villain. ChiPs will also feature Dax Shepard taking on the role of Officer Jonathan “Jon” Baker, while Michael Peña is assuming the much more popular character of Officer Francis (“Frank”) Llewellyn “Ponch” Poncherello. The film has been described as a buddy cop action comedy. And there will be a heavy emphasis on the word action. Not only is Dax Shepard directing and starring in the movie, he also wrote the script.
Vincent D'Onofrio getting ready for CHiPs | Motorcyclepedia

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
"Young man, life is not a fairy tale. Not everyone deserves a happy ending."
My personal favorite.

Thanks for the news, Lindsay!
Old 12-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I really like that, too.

Thanks for quote and link.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Agree on this one: "Young man, life is not a fairy tale. Not everyone deserves a happy ending."
Old 12-06-2015, 03:19 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Let's kill this thread then, only 2 posts to go.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:55 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-10-2015, 11:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

New thread.