Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Yeah! They are both long standing veterans of acting. More scenes of them would have been perfect.
In a lot of ways they have a similar background I loved what we got but it was very short. would've been really interesting to see more.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

Very true

So, why did DB leave? Because of Finn?
Old 11-10-2015, 05:16 PM
Master Fan

Well the truth is they didn't really explain it. He just suddenly was trying to decide who was gonna get his job and then showed up in cyber. but I do think finn would be the most obvious option.
Old 11-27-2015, 11:37 AM
Elite Fan

Just stopping by to say that I love Ted on CSI: Cyber. He's so good in that role.

"You're gonna' miss me so bad when I'm gone."
Old 11-27-2015, 12:09 PM
MST Manager

I've just started CSI Cyber. I'm looking forward to seeing Ted.
Old 11-28-2015, 12:25 PM
Master Fan

I love that we get to continue to have him.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:33 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
I love that we get to continue to have him.
I love DB Russell. Don't you think he was the best supervisor we had on CSI? Ted Danson was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure how he would fit in after Fishburne's departure, so you can imagine how happy I was to see him settle in and take charge. Danson should be congratulated for giving CSI some extra seasons with his presence.

Too bad now he gets stuck with this Cyber. Personally I am not sure if Cyber can live to see Season Three. Probably by March CBS will make a decision either to stay with it or to kill it off.
Old 12-14-2015, 09:52 PM
Part-Time Fan

The "DB" stands fro "Dead Brain-cells", the only reason he wasn't ended when his show was.
Old 12-15-2015, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrissomPal (View Post)
I love DB Russell. Don't you think he was the best supervisor we had on CSI? Ted Danson was a pleasant surprise. I wasn't sure how he would fit in after Fishburne's departure, so you can imagine how happy I was to see him settle in and take charge. Danson should be congratulated for giving CSI some extra seasons with his presence.

Too bad now he gets stuck with this Cyber. Personally I am not sure if Cyber can live to see Season Three. Probably by March CBS will make a decision either to stay with it or to kill it off.
Personally I preferred Grissom but he was the runner-up. I loved what he brought to the team. I thought the show was dying while Fishburne was around but as soon as I saw DB on the floor on that train in his first episode, I knew he was going to be good.
Old 12-16-2015, 08:00 AM
Master Fan

Yeah I liked Grissom better as well, but DB was a close second. He definitely gave CSI a second life.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:17 AM
MST Manager

I wasn't keen on DB at first but I loved him more as time went on. I love Ted as an actor, probably more as he has got older.
Old 12-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulieter (View Post)
I wasn't keen on DB at first but I loved him more as time went on. I love Ted as an actor, probably more as he has got older.
Grew up playing drumsticks on my legs with "Cheers" theme. Would've thought he'd lost it... Till "Damages" started. Still don't see a point to him on this show, though.
Old 12-16-2015, 11:27 PM
MST Manager

I've yet to see Ted in CSI Cyber. I've just finished the first season.
Old 12-17-2015, 07:25 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
I loved getting to see DB/Grissom. Both such interesting characters. Obviously I prefered grissom but they were both awesome and I wish we could've seen more between these two. They would've had such an interesting dynamic.
To me, the problem went back to Zuiker. He gave in to Bruckheimer's demand and worked Immortality storyline around Lady Heather. It was so wrong to make this disposable character the focal point of the series finale. She hijacked the episode, and everybody was shoveled to the side.
Old 12-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrissomPal (View Post)
To me, the problem went back to Zuiker. He gave in to Bruckheimer's demand and worked Immortality storyline around Lady Heather. It was so wrong to make this disposable character the focal point of the series finale. She hijacked the episode, and everybody was shoveled to the side.
I've seen a few of Miami & most of Cyber, but none of the original. That said/written, seeing Melinda/Heather in some coverage of the original's ending, as well as having watched her on "OC" & "Nikita" (had a parent borrow Season 1 of the former from my DVDs a few hours back, Ripley's), I can say I'd rather see her on "Cyber" than Danson.