Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-07-2015, 09:13 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina (View Post)
Yes!!!

Anyone else see Sara get jealous easily when it concerned Lady Heather?!
Yes, I did see it; but, wouldn't we all feel the same, though? Whenever that Whip Woman crooks her finger Grissom would drop everything off and run double quick to her side. Why? Call me stupid, dumb or whatever, I still don't get what went on between Grissom and Whip Woman. Yeah, I do get that she was only a friend. Still, why?

The only possible reason I could come up with was what happened in LHB. He got to enjoy her sexual favor, at no charge, and turned around calling Brass to bring the warrant over. Being a good ol' boy raised in a Catholic family, perhaps that was the reason for him keeping running to her rescue? Trying to make it up to her for his 'transgression'?

Sara behaved properly in TGTB&TD, but I still think Grissom looked like sporting the guilty looks on his face when he went visiting LH in her hospital room and was caught offguard seeing Sara there documenting LH's injury. What irks me more was the smirk looks he had on when Jim and Catherine came by Dominion questioning whereabouts of hers the night before. LH summoned Grissom forward and he readily gave her the alibi she so needed!

What the hell he did there with her during the night? I do believe they did the nasty in LHB, I am not sure about if he crossed the line of decency and did it again in TGTG&TD. I am still also on the fence if he had sex with LH in LOAR. Basically LH made me feel that she was pushing Grissom to look their 'friendship/relationship' differently when she knew Sara was gone; otherwise, what was the reason for her to ask him if she's his secret?

Grissom's behavior troubles me very often. I do feel bad for Sara because this Whip Woman did cast a long shadow over her own relationship/marriage with Grissom.

You see, that is one thing I found missing in the finale. They hyped it up the possible love triangle. Blast the frigging hype. The Whip Woman never once owned up her feelings she might or might not have towards Grissom. And she had the nerve to ask Sara is Sara loved Grissom. It's none of her bloody business!

Well, I should stop here before I get myself wound up again. (Not happy with LH being the focal point of Immortality at all!)
Old 12-07-2015, 09:26 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlgreenie (View Post)
The summary for the finale made me super nervous as well. GSR is probably my fav thing about the show (well tied with grissom) and all I want is for them to be on the mend / happy ending. I don't want them to add drama to them cos I think the whole being separated/not talking since season 13 is drama enough I really reallyhope they don't ruin it for me. GSR was my first ship. I'd given up hope but now they gave it back and it would be terrible not to give us a happy ending
I agreed with everything you said except loving LH part. I can't understand why Jerry Bruckheimer always wants to bring this infrequent guest star - Melinda Clarke - back. Granted, LH was an out-and-out character we just don't get to see on TV often, but why keeping her around when her storyline was already played out seasons ago? I read a comment made by a member of some site, she called LH's mumbo-jumbo as 'fortune cookie wisdom'. That, I think, was a very fair assessment. I do think she's the type that would listen to the radio, scan the newspapers to keep herself up to date. She did it not for self-improving or she held great love for knowledge, but more like wanting and needing to impress her paid customers/clients.

I love Sara and can't careless about the Whip Woman; but I need to be honest about this: I don't like how Anthony Zuiker wrote about LH or Sara. He reduced Sara to a jealous and insecure ex while making LH a cold and calculating shrew. Both women deserved better treatment.

Well, guess we haven't seen the last of this Whip Woman. The way Grissom talked about her made me wonder if Jerry Bruckheimer would plan to do a character spin-off --- yes, giving Lady Heather her own series! I, for one, will not watch if it ever comes to that.
Old 12-07-2015, 11:30 PM
MST Manager

A spin-off would be a bad idea.
Old 12-08-2015, 06:09 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrissomPal (View Post)
I agreed with everything you said except loving LH part. I can't understand why Jerry Bruckheimer always wants to bring this infrequent guest star - Melinda Clarke - back. Granted, LH was an out-and-out character we just don't get to see on TV often, but why keeping her around when her storyline was already played out seasons ago? I read a comment made by a member of some site, she called LH's mumbo-jumbo as 'fortune cookie wisdom'. That, I think, was a very fair assessment. I do think she's the type that would listen to the radio, scan the newspapers to keep herself up to date. She did it not for self-improving or she held great love for knowledge, but more like wanting and needing to impress her paid customers/clients.

I love Sara and can't careless about the Whip Woman; but I need to be honest about this: I don't like how Anthony Zuiker wrote about LH or Sara. He reduced Sara to a jealous and insecure ex while making LH a cold and calculating shrew. Both women deserved better treatment.

Well, guess we haven't seen the last of this Whip Woman. The way Grissom talked about her made me wonder if Jerry Bruckheimer would plan to do a character spin-off --- yes, giving Lady Heather her own series! I, for one, will not watch if it ever comes to that.
I thought LH was not needed in the last ep at all. she just took a lot of screen time away from the other characters like greg or hodges or brass. but I did like her in the beginning. slaves of las vegas will always be an amazing episode to me. the later eps were a bit far fetched and I dont think I'll ever understand the deep connection grissom felt towards her. yes she understood him and could read him and that was something he wasn't used to, but she did lie to him and manipulate him a few times so I guess the big connection didn't make as much sense to me. I still think she was an interesting character, especially in the first eps she showed up in.

But yeah the way both LH and Sara were written in the finale was not great.

I don't think they'll give her a spin-off and I just don't think it would work if they did.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:52 PM
New Fan

Quote:
I thought LH was not needed in the last ep at all. she just took a lot of screen time away from the other characters like greg or hodges or brass. but I did like her in the beginning. slaves of las vegas will always be an amazing episode to me. the later eps were a bit far fetched and I dont think I'll ever understand the deep connection grissom felt towards her. yes she understood him and could read him and that was something he wasn't used to, but she did lie to him and manipulate him a few times so I guess the big connection didn't make as much sense to me. I still think she was an interesting character, especially in the first eps she showed up in.

But yeah the way both LH and Sara were written in the finale was not great.

I don't think they'll give her a spin-off and I just don't think it would work if they did.
It's not only she wasn't needed, but also if she must be brought back, thanks to Jerry Bruckheimer, she shouldn't be made to be the focal point of the series finale. What did she ever do to warrant such high treatment? I'll be damned if it's CSI's way to atone what Grissom did to her in LHB. You know, he managed to get a free one-night stand and then had the guts to call Brass in with a warrant!

I do think it's a crime that Zuiker gave in to Bruckheimer's demand, and the end result was everything ended up revolving this disposable character. It just cheapened the whole thing for me. Still don't like it.
Old 12-21-2015, 05:45 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Yeah it was cheesy and the episode certainly had it's faults but I am so happy they made it right with these two.

Can't believe over 15 seasons we only had 2 kisses.
Two kisses in 15 years; and yet the bashers were crying foul that GSR turned CSI into a soap opera.

Why we could see the GSR magic and those folks would call Grissom/Sara relationship 'awful'? I believe CSI show did a fantastic job as far as handling GSR went. They never overplayed it; they treated it with great care and sensitivity. We had to wait until the end of S6 to know they were an item even we knew GSR was it from the S1E2!

I utterly failed to understand why they kept on demanding to have the 'pre-GSR Grissom back'. GSR was embedded in the show storyline even before we saw Sara in 'Cool Change'. Petersen has always maintained that he wanted Sara to be Grissom's love interest!
Old 12-22-2015, 02:18 PM
Master Fan

The only thing I didn't like with gsr was post-grissom leaving when they broke them up.other than that it was perfect to me

and yeah it was so clear from the beginning.