Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-26-2019, 12:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

This was my favorite episode of this season, it just gave me the old vibes and since I didn't read spoilers back than I didn't think this would be the last episode for Cordy. So I was shocked at the end.

To me having Cordy back just made the show feel as good as it use to be for me. And Angel/Cordy seeing the Doyle tape. That's how the show started.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:52 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
This was my favorite episode of this season, it just gave me the old vibes and since I didn't read spoilers back than I didn't think this would be the last episode for Cordy
I think I was peaking at spoilers back then but I was praying they were wrong and she was 100% back.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
This was my favorite episode of this season, it just gave me the old vibes and since I didn't read spoilers back than I didn't think this would be the last episode for Cordy
I think I was peaking at spoilers back then but I was praying they were wrong and she was 100% back.

Icon: cangelgifs.tumblr.com
straws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 04:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Lindsey was wasted in S5, ia. I don't think it was too OOC for Lindsay to become evil again (though I was always rooting for him) because he was always wishy washy and unable to pick a side.
I just felt extremely disappointed because the way he was characterized in season 5 completely took for granted his graceful season 2 exit AND that he had bonded with Angel.

Plus you could see his determination to leave the bad version of himself behind in 'Dead End'. It was written all over his face that he'd just had enough of being corrupt for some cheap W&H paycheck. So for him to do a 180 spin in season 5 and embrace corruption again? I just didn't buy it.

I know that he was on both sides of the fence originally but when he left in season 2, he gave Angel specific advice on how to stay strong against W&H - and you could tell he meant it. So for season 5 to portray Lindsey as against Angel yet again is just terrible continuity. He definitely grew beyond that juvenile behavior pre-season 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackWhiteRose (View Post)
Loved it that Cordy came back for one episode.
She was wonderful and brave in this return. Unfortunately, they failed to tell Charisma before season 5 that she wouldn't be back full-time. She said she was looking forward to coming back as a regular and was basically blindsided. I'm guessing she hoped that season 5 would focus on Cordelia's road to recovery after she was violated in season 4, but nope. Plus, Charisma has spoken openly about her disappointment that Joss replaced her with Spike (despite her tremendous respect for James Marsters).

The reason why this will never be in my top 5 episodes is because it's disgusting how Charisma Carpenter was conned by the writers into signing a contract after falsely promising that they wouldn't kill her character. It just seemed like a whole big rush to force her back into the show just to take her out of the coma (that she never should have been in) and then kill her because they're arrogant enough to think that this show can work without her.

Quote:
Spike playing video games was fun to watch
Yeah I agree, I loved that part
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by straws (View Post)
Yep! her returning made everything just be right again and feel right again on this show.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

It still feels like a long con, though.

"She never did wake up." Ugh
Skam Italia icon
Gwen
Crystal Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 11:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ That shocked and upset me when I first watched this episode...
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top