Register

New Forum Poll   |     Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 04:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

their first scene / first sight was a literal collision he was totally enamored with her. Cut to them later in the hallway: "Can I have you?"

Gwen
Old 06-12-2019, 09:30 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Aw yeah, I thought that was so cute
Old 06-12-2019, 06:58 PM
Villain Of The Story

It's a scene I don't need to rewatch to remember everything about it. lol
500,000 posts c e l e b r a t i o n|
Tia| youtube | tumblr / | icon ||
Old 06-13-2019, 02:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I've talked about this a lot on here in the past, but I really wish Joss had kept this triangle going post-Season 2.

Don't get me wrong - I shipped Xander/Cordelia big time but I would have chosen seeing Xander still in conflict with Angel over Buffy in Season 3 in a HEARTBEAT over watching him suddenly fawn over Willow after tons of episodes of saying "she's like a sister to me."

In fact, even Buffy acknowledged in 3x07 that Xander's comments about Angel coming back were rooted in jealousy.

I feel as if Joss moved away from a plot line he actually had in the roots of the show (BX) simply because Angel became this big heartthrob to people and so he was swayed into moving toward the supernatural romance instead.

I still have issues with this to this day.

Gwen
Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree - plus Angel was originally meant to stay dead at the end of s2, so I wonder what the writers would have done with Buffy/Xander in that case...
Old 06-14-2019, 10:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That's a good point.

Also, BA in Season 3 was inevitably going to end because the writers knew he was getting his own show, so why they made them so sappy together again is beyond me

Season 3 was such a confused season because the Xander/Willow thing came out of nowhere, presumably just to resolve Willow's childhood obsession with him and prove how naive she was. It solved nothing and only added to problems (providing the way for Charisma to leave) and Xander was left with practically nothing.

Also, bringing Anya in to fill the void of a love interest was such a bland decision Was it just to make some sort of point of him having this bizarre attraction to demons?

Gwen
Old 06-14-2019, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

For me, Buffy/Angel in s3 was all about getting them to realize that they couldn't be together. It did start to feel a bit like beating a dead horse though...

I didn't like Xander/Willow either, & I guess it was to put her crush to bed, but... there are other ways to give characters that kind of closure! It really wasn't needed at all, it's like the writers just wanted romantic drama for no reason
Old 06-16-2019, 03:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

The way romance was handled in Season 3 basically ruined for me what could have been an epic season.

Like you said, if things were handled differently, they could have worked back to where the show began and instead of having Xander and Cordelia break up over his forced fling with Willow, they could have had him realize and vocalize that he would never love anyone as much as Buffy.

Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 05:57 AM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Buffy was clearly the #1 in Xander's heart for a long time... having Xander & Cordelia break up over that would have made a lot more sense, because she was already jealous over that in season 2...
Old 06-16-2019, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

Agreed

If you're going to create conflict, then at least have a basis for it.

Cordelia expressed deep jealousy over Buffy/Xander in 'Killed By Death', and even Angelus brought it up ("you still love her"), so I would have found Xander/Cordy's break-up much more believable had it happened over the long-term Buffy issue.

Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 12:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yeah, it was obvious to everyone that, even though Xander was with Cordy, he still had feelings for Buffy...

If the writers wanted romantic drama, you'd think they would have done something with that!
Old 06-16-2019, 12:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

That's why I think it was the dumbest decision (by a group of intelligent and creative writers) to pursue the Xander/Willow thing at all. What a waste of time that could have been better spent on Xander getting more one-on-one time with Buffy after she returned from L.A. and Buffy starting afresh after the Angel/Angelus drama

And it would have followed up the obvious sexual tension between them in 'Phases'. That suspended moment when it looked like she was going to kiss Xander after Theresa died -- they cannot do that and then just ignore them the rest of the show It's such a waste.

Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

I agree, it was obvious that something was starting up on Buffy's side too in s2...
Old 06-16-2019, 01:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Movies

I was truly shocked that Joss never followed through on it. Xander was always waiting in the wings for Buffy. Anya even sang about it in the musical episode!

Gwen
Old 06-16-2019, 01:13 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Friends

Yep, Anya was aware of it too!